You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Posted by yanks250125 on 3/4/2016 5:37:00 AM (view original):
how about my Oklahoma St team?
the odd part is you've never dropped past a C+ and been a B/B- most of that time, plus you've generally had 50-100 RPIs so that has helped you still be OK. Could you have been fired for longevity underachievement? Maybe? but no season really stands out as the "this is gotta end" type.

as for me with this ID I could've been fired after my 5th season and absolutely should've been fired after my 6th or 7th seasons at VaTech, But I wasn't and have been able to turn things around. So maybe this is the breaking point for you and you'll take that next step.
3/4/2016 9:45 AM
Posted by waykbordr on 3/4/2016 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/4/2016 5:37:00 AM (view original):
how about my Oklahoma St team?
the odd part is you've never dropped past a C+ and been a B/B- most of that time, plus you've generally had 50-100 RPIs so that has helped you still be OK. Could you have been fired for longevity underachievement? Maybe? but no season really stands out as the "this is gotta end" type.

as for me with this ID I could've been fired after my 5th season and absolutely should've been fired after my 6th or 7th seasons at VaTech, But I wasn't and have been able to turn things around. So maybe this is the breaking point for you and you'll take that next step.
i dont think yanks is actually trying to improve okie state, i think he enjoys having one of the worst big 6 programs ever because he brings it up anytime stuff like this is mentioned lol.
3/4/2016 9:47 AM
I just suck at recruiting and I know it. OK St is my first (and only) big6 job so I really don't want to leave. I do have a desire to get better, but just can't put together 2 or 3 consecutive nice classes.
3/4/2016 5:58 PM
Yanks Stay there, as your AD, I am telling you, just find a new strategy. Scratch what you have done and try something else. Build from the 1 spot to the 5 spot but make sure to have a stud PG and a stud back-up.
3/4/2016 6:01 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/4/2016 5:58:00 PM (view original):
I just suck at recruiting and I know it. OK St is my first (and only) big6 job so I really don't want to leave. I do have a desire to get better, but just can't put together 2 or 3 consecutive nice classes.
Oklahoma St is also one of the worst Big 6 programs to be at it sucks in pretty much every world
3/4/2016 6:03 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/3/2016 5:26:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to point out WIS deleted my ticket on this, and it's not the first time.... they clearly don't want to address this let alone fix it.
Start playing challenging games, win for 10 seasons, and then you can start ********. Until then, give it a rest or risk coming off as an impatient, entitled brat.
3/5/2016 8:46 PM (edited)
I believe I am about to get fired at Hawaii after only 7 seasons and only three seasons removed from a PIT bid (the first post-season bid in 26 years for the school.) Your assumption that you cannot get fired from a BCS schools might not hold. I actually hope you are correct because I'd like to stay.
3/5/2016 8:33 PM
Gomiami : I wish you to stay. I am not for firing at spots like Hawaii, honestly. I think we need more patience there since it's tough.
3/5/2016 8:37 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MyGeneration on 3/5/2016 8:43:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to see a feature where after someone has been at their school for some amount of time (15 seasons?), another coach desiring that job can challenge them for it, with their resumes from the last 10 seasons deciding the outcome (as with an open job). I have to get to championship games to keep my prestige where some coaches can hold their dicks, miss the NT, and remain. #GoBulldogs
That's unrealistic!
3/5/2016 8:49 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/5/2016 8:37:00 PM (view original):
Gomiami : I wish you to stay. I am not for firing at spots like Hawaii, honestly. I think we need more patience there since it's tough.
I guess it will be my fault if I do. I inherited a zone team and kept zone through the PIT season. Since then, I have been transitioning to press, which is why the past few seasons have been bad. I just assumed that I had more time to right the ship. When you see examples like someone being at a prestige school forever and not getting canned...getting the axe from Hawaii is ludicrous. The season ends in a few days, so, we'll see if it actually happens or not.
3/5/2016 8:50 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 3/5/2016 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 3/5/2016 8:37:00 PM (view original):
I guess it will be my fault if I do. I inherited a zone team and kept zone through the PIT season. Since then, I have been transitioning to press, which is why the past few seasons have been bad. I just assumed that I had more time to right the ship. When you see examples like someone being at a prestige school forever and not getting canned...getting the axe from Hawaii is ludicrous. The season ends in a few days, so, we'll see if it actually happens or not.
Keep us updated!
3/5/2016 8:51 PM
This is something that really ****** me off. When I first started playing back in 2008/2009 I don't remember it being this bad. Did they change the job firing logic during the time I took a break from this game?
3/5/2016 9:54 PM
Posted by MyGeneration on 3/5/2016 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/3/2016 5:26:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to point out WIS deleted my ticket on this, and it's not the first time.... they clearly don't want to address this let alone fix it.
Start playing challenging games, win for 10 seasons, and then you can start ********. Until then, give it a rest or risk coming off as an impatient, entitled brat.
Shouldn't take 10 seasons to move up after being at D1 lol I don't know why you think that's some magic number or requirement.

Stop ******** about people ******** you come off as one of those "i've got mine so screw you" attitudes.

This isn't just my needs to get to D1 there are plenty of other people that agree with me..... I just happen to be the loudest.
3/6/2016 9:07 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/3/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
I've been looking at every Big 6 school to see the worst "offenders" of the job logic, so far I present these 3 as the worst I've seen so far, I nearly curled into the fetal position and cried.

Kentucky - Rupp

Georgia - Iba

Vanderbilt - Crum

There is not a single explanation in the world I'd believe for them not being fired.

I am 100% in belief nothing will get done, my last .001% of hope just died. WIS will not risk this easy revenue stream, it's easy than taking candy from a baby, WIS ruins what is the only good college basketball simulator, I hope they rot and burn, Fox can rot in hell. I hope one day their is competition and it bends Fox over.

Now this isn't an attack on those coaches, honestly if anything you D1 coaches please sitemail and post in their conference chat giving them help, don't offer it, just give it too them.

I have a giant list as well, but I didn't post it yet because I figured it wouldn't do anything, but make people hate me.
Pretty bad dick move on your part calling out specific coaches.
Maybe they should use the back-to-back superclass gimmick like you do at Yale.
3/6/2016 9:28 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.