You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Posted by npb7768 on 3/6/2016 9:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 3/3/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
I've been looking at every Big 6 school to see the worst "offenders" of the job logic, so far I present these 3 as the worst I've seen so far, I nearly curled into the fetal position and cried.

Kentucky - Rupp

Georgia - Iba

Vanderbilt - Crum

There is not a single explanation in the world I'd believe for them not being fired.

I am 100% in belief nothing will get done, my last .001% of hope just died. WIS will not risk this easy revenue stream, it's easy than taking candy from a baby, WIS ruins what is the only good college basketball simulator, I hope they rot and burn, Fox can rot in hell. I hope one day their is competition and it bends Fox over.

Now this isn't an attack on those coaches, honestly if anything you D1 coaches please sitemail and post in their conference chat giving them help, don't offer it, just give it too them.

I have a giant list as well, but I didn't post it yet because I figured it wouldn't do anything, but make people hate me.
Pretty bad dick move on your part calling out specific coaches.
Maybe they should use the back-to-back superclass gimmick like you do at Yale.
I highly doubt any of those coaches actually check anything, I wasn't even the first to bring up Kentucky on the forums in the first place.

I'll do whatever best gives the ability to win NT games at D1 from a low baseline school, I'm not going to handicap myself because it's a gimmick in your opinion lol. They still be crap if they ran a superclass anyways lol I don't think that's their only problem.
3/6/2016 9:28 AM
Again, it's a dick move calling out specific coaches.
You come up with new ways to be annoying.
3/6/2016 9:33 AM
Posted by npb7768 on 3/6/2016 9:33:00 AM (view original):
Again, it's a dick move calling out specific coaches.
You come up with new ways to be annoying.
and its a dick move to be at schools you don't deserve to be at anymore.
3/6/2016 9:41 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by npb7768 on 3/6/2016 5:17:00 PM (view original):
i'm against calling out the names/teams of some of the coaches who are struggling in this game.
And i can't imagine sending a ticket to seble, asking for these human coaches to get fired.

I know of a couple of HD guys who try really hard, but struggle, and its a total dick move for them to be called out.

they aren't struggling, they either are absent or just straight up suck, struggling means you are trying to improve, they aren't. I can easily see no freaking out about coaches struggling within the first 8 seasons, but those 3 and many others are way past the time frame where you get some leeway.
3/6/2016 5:30 PM
I think Kentucky is a hard place to win. I just never could get it right in Phelan - left for Harvard. Seemed like the right move, since it got my kids a free ride in Cambridge.....
3/6/2016 7:00 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 3/6/2016 5:17:00 PM (view original):
i'm against calling out the names/teams of some of the coaches who are struggling in this game.
And i can't imagine sending a ticket to seble, asking for these human coaches to get fired.

I know of a couple of HD guys who try really hard, but struggle, and its a total dick move for them to be called out.

I am against calling out names or linking programs, but I am not against firing... I mean, at some point, make it really soft... someone has to get fired. If you can't get Duke into the NT for ten years... please. Do something.
3/6/2016 7:49 PM
I know I'd never want a virtual handle of mine associated with underperformance in a virtual simulation game.

Anyone who thinks an open discussion of how ridiculous the firing "system" is avoiding a major problem. If a coach is good enough to claim one of the historic blueblood programs and isn't delivering consistent championship-caliber teams, they'd be gone IRL (and the topic of discussion during RL as well). Meanwhile, you can catastrophically suck in HD and just keep rolling along.

Program expectations should be based on the baseline prestige of the program. Clearly that's not the case right now. That's terrible programming because it doesn't remotely resemble reality.
3/7/2016 7:19 AM
Dingo has a point with the ELITES needing to be held to a higher standard. In GD you really had between 4-5 seasons to win or else u got the axe. with all the A-/B+ baseline schools winning a game in the NT once every 4 yrs should be easy and be the standard. With the A/A+ schools a sweet 16 once evry 4 yrs should be the standard. Coaches that get these scholls are good enough that if they get fired they wont just leave WIS, theyll find another job, rebuild, and move back up. It would keep the big time schools "refreshed" more coaches will get the chance to prover they either belonb or they dont. But WIS will also have to make hiring a bit easier too all the way thru D1.
3/7/2016 10:21 AM
I'd like to think that graduating all of my seniors plus my charm and rugged good looks should count for something when the season is over and the sim is evaluating my performance at Kentucky over the last 4 seasons.
3/7/2016 3:18 PM
I'm not sure why you think the Georgia coach should be fired. That's not a horrible job at UGA. It's not great, but damn- it's Georgia.
3/7/2016 10:37 PM
lol
3/8/2016 6:54 AM
oh **** you seem serious!?

2 NT bids ever there.

11 PI bids

17 seasons of no post season.

There was a stretch where they went 9 seasons in a row with no post season and 97-151 a .39 win% You have to be kidding me, if that stretch didn't get him fired I honestly believe firings don't exist. That SEC conference is horrible and he has had 7 total winning seasons in conference play.
3/8/2016 6:59 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.