RL- Coaching Carousel Topic

Former Kentucky standout Travis Ford will be the next men’s basketball coach at St. Louis University, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported on its website Tuesday night.

Ford and Oklahoma State parted ways a couple weeks ago after he coached the program to a 155-111 record and five NCAA Tournament appearances in eight seasons.

3/30/2016 9:27 PM

If basketball coach Jimmy Allen wanted to say that Amy was his dream job, nobody could have blamed him.

Allen, named Wednesday to succeed former boss Zach Spiker as the Cadets’ coach, lived in West Point, New York, before moving to Roanoke for the 11th grade.

Allen’s father, James, is a 1967 Army graduate who later returned to West Point as a chemistry teacher.

3/30/2016 9:30 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 3/30/2016 9:30:00 PM (view original):

If basketball coach Jimmy Allen wanted to say that Amy was his dream job, nobody could have blamed him.

Allen, named Wednesday to succeed former boss Zach Spiker as the Cadets’ coach, lived in West Point, New York, before moving to Roanoke for the 11th grade.

Allen’s father, James, is a 1967 Army graduate who later returned to West Point as a chemistry teacher.

"Amy" You mean Army?
3/30/2016 10:36 PM
UNLV getting Beard was a coup. A great hire.
Pitt disastrous to go from Dixon to Kevin Stallings. Terrible hire. Ditto with SLU hiring Travis Ford.
TCU and Oklahoma St got vast upgrades in Dixon and Underwood.
Stanford upgraded with Haase.

Interesting to see who Georgia Tech can lure there. Surprised that so few jobs opened.
3/31/2016 12:50 PM
can i just say, its great that al would come back, even though he has no teams, to continue this tradition of discussing RL coaching moves, which i have relied on for entertainment and educational purposes for years.

thanks al, nice to see you around again, if only for a moment!
3/31/2016 1:55 PM
Multiple sources have confirmed that Oklahoma assistant Lew Hill will be named as the next head coach at Texas-Rio Grand Valley
3/31/2016 9:28 PM
Arkansas-Little Rock i announced that associate head coach Wes Flanigan will become their new head coach. The Little Rock native is in his second stint with the Trojans – he was also an assistant at the school from 2004-08. He has also been an assistant at UAB, Nebraska and Mississippi State.
3/31/2016 9:31 PM
  • The search to replace Jerod Haase at UAB is in full swing. Early leaders are current Blazers associate head coach Robert Ehsan and and Auburn associate head coach Chuck Person. Ehsan has been at UAB for the past four seasons, and has also worked at Virginia Tech and Maryland. Interviews are expected to take place in Houston at the end of this week.
  • In addition to South Dakota State's Scott Nagy being mentioned for Wright State, other candidates include: Marty Simmons (head coach Evansville), Joe Dooley (head coach Florida Gulf Coast), and Cliff Warren (assistant coach Maryland – former head coach Jacksonville)
3/31/2016 9:36 PM
James Madison Director of Athletics Jeff Bourne on Thursday announced the hiring of Louis Rowe as the 10th men’s basketball head coach in program history. A former JMU student-athlete and assistant coach, Rowe most recently served as the top assistant coach at Bowling Green.
3/31/2016 9:38 PM
Maryland-Baltimore County has named Ryan Odom as their new coach. He was the head coach at Lenoir-Rhyne this season. Prior, he was the interim coach at Charlotte from Jan-March 2015, going 8-11

Odom is also the son of former South Carolina coach Dave Odom, who retired in 2008
3/31/2016 9:43 PM

The search for the next Central Connecticut basketball coach is down to three people — Jay Young, Patrick Sellers and Donyell Marshall. They are the only coaches among seven finalists called back for follow-up interviews, according to numerous sources.

Sellers, an assistant at DePaul, and Marshall, an assistant at Buffalo, had their second interviews Tuesday. Young, the associate head coach at Stony Brook, interviewed for the second time Wednesday.

3/31/2016 9:45 PM
Former Vanderbilt coach Eddie Folger is leading the search for the Commodore's new coach.

Potential candidates already being mentioned include Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall, VCU coach and Nashville native Will Wade, and Monmouth coach and former Vanderbilt assistant King Rice
3/31/2016 9:51 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/31/2016 1:55:00 PM (view original):
can i just say, its great that al would come back, even though he has no teams, to continue this tradition of discussing RL coaching moves, which i have relied on for entertainment and educational purposes for years.

thanks al, nice to see you around again, if only for a moment!
Thanks, gillispie! I appreciate the kind words.
3/31/2016 9:51 PM
Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson will be named as the next head coach at UT-San Antonio
4/1/2016 1:10 PM
Terry Porter, the former coach of the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns and 17-year NBA veteran as a point guard, has been hired to coach the NCAA Division I Portland Pilots, a source confirmed to ESPN's Andy Katz on Friday.
4/1/2016 7:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...15 Next ▸
RL- Coaching Carousel Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.