New 63/93 Rookie Keeper League: FULL Topic

I am a little new to this but if I may can I take the 93 Orioles
4/4/2016 4:55 AM
Posted by bublooo on 4/4/2016 4:55:00 AM (view original):
I am a little new to this but if I may can I take the 93 Orioles
Great choice! Cal Ripken, Brady Anderson, Mike Mussina.....
4/4/2016 9:54 AM
Alright, grayfoxx talked me into another one. This looks like a lot of fun. I will take the 1993 Seattle Mariners.

I have two questions.

1.) Is there a salary cap? ( I am in another progressive where I just screwed up. I had to throw back my last two picks in the draft because I went over the cap. We're allowed eight AAA but I now only have six.)

2.) How will the teams be aligned? (Grayfoxx and I had a great rivalry going in another progressive. Grayfoxx, his son-in-law and I would trade division titles back and forth every season. I would enjoy being in his division if that can be arranged,..Also I would like to avoid , if at all possible, being in the same division as mensu for obvious reasons...like having any chance of ever making the playoffs.)
4/7/2016 1:18 AM (edited)
Posted by fatboydad54 on 4/7/2016 1:18:00 AM (view original):
Alright, grayfoxx talked me into another one. This looks like a lot of fun. I will take the 1993 Seattle Mariners.

I have two questions.

1.) Is there a salary cap? ( I am in another progressive where I just screwed up. I had to throw back my last two picks in the draft because I went over the cap. We're allowed eight AAA but I now only have six.)

2.) How will the teams be aligned? (Grayfoxx and I had a great rivalry going in another progressive. Grayfoxx, his son-in-law and I would trade division titles back and forth every season. I would enjoy being in his division if that can be arranged,..Also I would like to avoid , if at all possible, being in the same division as mensu for obvious reasons...like having any chance of ever making the playoffs.)
93 Mariners - great team --

As it stands no salary cap. Even for teams with no absolute stars there will be some free agents available.

Alignment ideally on geographical terms. Your home team and stadium should be one of your two franchises. Great rivalry!
4/7/2016 9:32 AM
How will geographical work with two teams? Say I have Seattle and Baltimore. Do we split the difference and I am in the AL Central? What is furthest from L. A. ? Does Bangor have a stadium?
4/7/2016 10:46 AM
depends in which one you choose your stadium, though there is always some wiggle room
4/7/2016 12:08 PM
I'm going to have to Pass on the League, sorry LJ
4/7/2016 8:31 PM
I'll take the '63 Orioles please.

I have a couple of questions.

1. We start in 63/93 but do the players revert to their rookie year? Example, Brooks Robinson rookie year was 1957, does he start there or in 1963?

2. Do we use their actual MLB debut date or the WIS rookie year. Using Davey Johnson as an example, his debut game was in 1965 season. But does not qualify for a WIS season until 1966. Would I have to draft him in 1965 without a WIS season available?

This is a great idea for a league, with my '60 & '70 Orioles of my youth.

Thanks,
Greg (firecapt)
4/9/2016 2:07 PM (edited)
Posted by firecapt on 4/9/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):

1. We start in 63/93 but do the players revert to their rookie year? Example, Brooks Robinson rookie year was 1957, does he start there or in 1963?

2. Do we use their actual MLB debut date or the WIS rookie year. Using Davey Johnson as an example, his debut game was in 1965 season. But does not qualify for a WIS season until 1966. Would I have to draft him in 1965 without a WIS season available?

Thanks,
Greg (firecapt)
1 - you get to use 1963 (and 1993) stats, regardless of when they were a rookie. Starting in 64/94 you get automatically all rookies who played their first game on your franchise that season. Technically, someone could have been on IR in 63 or 93, so you would still get them in 64/94 and so forth. You of course have the right to keep that player or drop them.

2. - Debut/Rookie season is the first time they have WIS stats.

Should be fun!
4/10/2016 12:37 PM
Note - kallison1 withdrew, so KC/Oakland Athletics 63 are again available
4/10/2016 12:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ljemd on 4/10/2016 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by firecapt on 4/9/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):

Thanks,
Greg (firecapt)
1 - you get to use 1963 (and 1993) stats, regardless of when they were a rookie. Starting in 64/94 you get automatically all rookies who played their first game on your franchise that season. Technically, someone could have been on IR in 63 or 93, so you would still get them in 64/94 and so forth. You of course have the right to keep that player or drop them.

2. - Debut/Rookie season is the first time they have WIS stats.

Should be fun!
If someone was on IR in season 1, we automatically get the players from our franchise in season 2? That wouldn't be their first WIS season.
4/10/2016 1:38 PM
I'll jump in with the '63 Met's
4/10/2016 5:47 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
New 63/93 Rookie Keeper League: FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.