New 63/93 Rookie Keeper League: FULL Topic

Posted by tdoak on 4/16/2016 8:58:00 PM (view original):
Are we still going to vote on having the DH in the American League? It would be nice to know before I set my roster ... and 1993 AL teams do face a slight disadvantage if they have to bat a bunch of pitchers all year who never hit in RL.

Also, when we get to next season's draft of unclaimed players, are we choosing from every player on the ten unclaimed teams, or just rookies?
There will definitely be a DH vote - now I see how many batters are available - but once we set up league thread. Options will be No DH, DH AL only, DH both leagues.

Also although trades are encouraged (I never though two whole teams would get traded for each other!) try to keep it same era if you trade teams, so there will be less confusion.
4/17/2016 7:26 AM
Posted by danidon on 4/16/2016 11:49:00 PM (view original):
As much as I'd like to take both Red Sox teams they just don't have the pitching. Another team has pitching but crap for offense so we will take the 63 Braves that have a little of both.

also - I vote for an initial draft now with 2-3 picks.
My goal was no draft first season - just pick 25 starters and 5 AAA from your two rosters. It wouldn't be fair to make a draft order when we haven't played any games.

4/17/2016 7:29 AM
In theory - if everyone posts teams (25 MLB and 5 keepers) I could list all 63 and 93 dropped players plus 93 free agent teams then TWO round free agent draft with draft order based on inverse order total winning percentage of two teams - but that's a lot of work and would delay league starting.

There are already lots of players to choose from to get this going ....
4/17/2016 8:03 AM
Posted by ljemd on 4/17/2016 7:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by danidon on 4/16/2016 11:49:00 PM (view original):
As much as I'd like to take both Red Sox teams they just don't have the pitching. Another team has pitching but crap for offense so we will take the 63 Braves that have a little of both.

also - I vote for an initial draft now with 2-3 picks.
My goal was no draft first season - just pick 25 starters and 5 AAA from your two rosters. It wouldn't be fair to make a draft order when we haven't played any games.

I am fine with it either way. But as a preference, since we already have two whole teams to build a team out of, I think we could stick with your original plan ljemd and just start the league without a draft.

But I will go with whatever the decision ends up being, I don't have a deal breaker.

Except if I end up with the '93 Red Sox. Then I am out.

Just kidding.
4/17/2016 8:55 AM
'93 White Sox
4/17/2016 9:21 AM
Question: Re '63 Tigers Denny McLain (or any rookie in general) - McLain's rookie season was 1963, but he did not pitch enough innings to qualify for WIS. Do I need to name him to my 5 man AAA squad in order to retain his rights going into the 1964 season?
4/17/2016 10:03 AM
We can only use players that have a WIS season, so no, you cant name him as a team member for 63/93.
However, you will get him automatically for next year.
However, however, let's say that in the off-season he was traded to Washington. He will belong to Washington, since he had no Detroit stats and his first WIS stats are with Washington.
4/17/2016 11:22 AM (edited)
Thanks - I'll clarify on the rules that Rookie Season for purpose of this league is first season that player had WIS stats. baseball-reference.com is more to be used if there is a question for which team player played for in first season. I sitemailed midknight about his question.
4/17/2016 11:39 AM
toddleduc would like to be put on a waitlist.
4/17/2016 12:17 PM
I choose the 1963 Phillies.

I vote for no draft until next season.

I would like to be placed in the American League. I would also like the DH to be used. With arguably the best DH in MLB history, Edgar Martinez having to play defense, my team would not be allowed to compete at it's full potential.

4/17/2016 12:41 PM
I vote for a DH, and if we have one, have it in both leagues.
4/17/2016 12:53 PM
As always, I'm voting no for DH
4/17/2016 1:18 PM
I'll take the '93 Indians

DH in AL only (I would like to be in the NL if possible)
No draft until next season
4/17/2016 1:26 PM
No draft until next season
4/17/2016 1:42 PM
No draft until next year
DH in both
4/17/2016 1:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
New 63/93 Rookie Keeper League: FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.