Sayonara, ARod Topic

Maybe there are explanations other than Jeter's defense. I don't know.

You seem to be happy with the fact that they won zero World Series for almost a decade while Jeter played ****** defense at the most important position.
8/12/2016 2:15 PM
Well, if you'd like to point out which specific plays Jeter didn't make that kept the Yanks from winning the WS during those years, we can discuss them.
8/12/2016 3:04 PM
8/12/2016 3:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):

You seem to be happy with the fact that they won zero World Series for almost a decade while Jeter played ****** defense at the most important position.
If you want to blame Jeter for the Yankees playing .599 ball (775-518) in the 8 years between their WS championships in 2000 and 2009, go right ahead.

8/12/2016 3:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/12/2016 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Well, if you'd like to point out which specific plays Jeter didn't make that kept the Yanks from winning the WS during those years, we can discuss them.
Why would we do that?

You asked:

"Which WS did the Yankees not win because Jeter was at SS? I can tell you which ones they did win with him at SS."

I answered. I didn't realize that Jeter gets sole credit/blame for Yankees WS championships.

But I like your little rhetorical trick where you ask one question "not win BECAUSE," and then shift to "did win WITH." Asking for someone to show how Jeter caused a loss while only holding up the fact that he was on the team as a counter.
8/12/2016 4:04 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/12/2016 3:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):

If you want to blame Jeter for the Yankees playing .599 ball (775-518) in the 8 years between their WS championships in 2000 and 2009, go right ahead.

Mike asked about WS, which according to him, is all that really matters.
8/12/2016 4:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2016 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Why would we do that?

You asked:

"Which WS did the Yankees not win because Jeter was at SS? I can tell you which ones they did win with him at SS."

I answered. I didn't realize that Jeter gets sole credit/blame for Yankees WS championships.

But I like your little rhetorical trick where you ask one question "not win BECAUSE," and then shift to "did win WITH." Asking for someone to show how Jeter caused a loss while only holding up the fact that he was on the team as a counter.
So there are no specific plays that Jeter DIDN'T make that prevented them from winning the WS?

OK, thanks for playing.
8/12/2016 6:41 PM
Using Mike's "logic", we are all HOF MLB players, because we never DIDN'T make a fielding play that prevented our team from winning the World Series.
Now, game over.
Mike will reply with something "whitty" or some lame insult, but comments so ridiculously stupid can't be covered-up or recovered from.
8/12/2016 7:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/12/2016 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Why would we do that?

You asked:

So there are no specific plays that Jeter DIDN'T make that prevented them from winning the WS?

OK, thanks for playing.
No one could answer that. But there was almost a decade where the Yankees didn't win the WS and had a guy playing bad defense at the most important position.
8/12/2016 8:26 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2016 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Why would we do that?

You asked:

OK, thanks for playing.
No one could answer that. But there was almost a decade where the Yankees didn't win the WS and had a guy playing bad defense at the most important position.
You left out " . . . and had the best record in MLB".
8/12/2016 9:15 PM
The Yankees won because they had a great team. Jeter was a great hitter. But we can't deny that he was bottom third of qualified SS in defensive runs saved his entire career.

Why is this an argument?
8/12/2016 11:04 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/12/2016 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/12/2016 8:26:00 PM (view original):
Why would we do that?

You asked:

OK, thanks for playing.
You left out " . . . and had the best record in MLB".
Um...ok. What does that have to do with Jeter being bad at defense?
8/12/2016 11:55 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
8/13/2016 8:04 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/12/2016 11:05:00 PM (view original):
The Yankees won because they had a great team. Jeter was a great hitter. But we can't deny that he was bottom third of qualified SS in defensive runs saved his entire career.

Why is this an argument?
Only because Mike insists on ridiculously defending his man-love Jeter. Yes, he's 100% wrong, yes, I'm betting he knows it, and yes, he continues to get totally embarrassed in this thread, but he will never (and I mean never) stop, as long as this thread is alive, because that's what obsessive, unreturned love makes a person do.
8/13/2016 10:01 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/12/2016 11:05:00 PM (view original):

Why is this an argument?
Well, if you weren't following along, it's not really an argument.

The Yanks were the most successful team in baseball for about Jeter's first 10 years in MLB. The Yanks had the opportunity to acquire ARod. It was understood, by all parties, that ARod would play 3B. These idiots are saying "Jeter should have moved." I ask "Why? They were the best team in baseball with Jeter at SS. Why would you move your franchise SS at 30 years old?"

The idiots haven't really given a good reason. They're just being idiots.
8/13/2016 6:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Sayonara, ARod Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.