Sayonara, ARod Topic

Ya, I never said ARod wasn't motivated to be the best. I just think the records are more important to Bonds.
3/30/2016 12:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Jesus. He's all about Detroit. And, if you recall, KISS sang about Detroit, Rock City due to it's musical history(if you have no other reference point).

d=detriot
rock=music history
97=birth year

This is NOT some mysterious puzzle.
Nah, lol.
97 = birth year
d_rock = address
i probably could've made a cool name that had something to do with baseball or Detroit, but I made this account when I was like 13
3/30/2016 12:01 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 3/30/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Jesus. He's all about Detroit. And, if you recall, KISS sang about Detroit, Rock City due to it's musical history(if you have no other reference point).

d=detriot
rock=music history
97=birth year

This is NOT some mysterious puzzle.
Nah, lol.
97 = birth year
d_rock = address
i probably could've made a cool name that had something to do with baseball or Detroit, but I made this account when I was like 13
Mike touched on a very important point - one that completely surpasses the question of whether ARod is a douche or not:

What is Detroit considered 'Rock City'? Is it because of KISS? A band from New York/North Jersey?

I mean what do we really have? Bill Haley (I think?). White Stripes. Marshall Crenshaw. Kid Rock. Iggy Pop. Alice Cooper. Bob Seger. Ted Nugent. Thats all I can think of. Meh.

If you add in pop and R&B though Detroit in on top of the ******* world. And yes, I am ignoring Eminem.

So why isn't it Detroit 'R&B Heaven' or some ****? Racism?
3/30/2016 6:06 PM
Well, it is the home of "motown". But I think that's because of it's overwhelmingly huge gay population.
3/30/2016 6:15 PM
But an even more important question is....

What is the best riff to start a song? There can only be two correct answers.

KISS - Detroit Rock City
Audioslave - Revelations

It you have another response, you are probably a resident of 'motown.
3/30/2016 6:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Well, it is the home of "motown". But I think that's because of it's overwhelmingly huge gay population.
Do you really not know why it's called Motown or was this a failed attempt to be funny?
3/30/2016 7:26 PM
Have you always lived in 'motown or did you move there when it became more acceptable in mainstream society?
3/30/2016 7:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 6:18:00 PM (view original):

KISS - Detroit Rock City
Audioslave - Revelations

Zakk Wylde's riff to start "My Jekyll Doesn't Hide" is my personal favorite. Dime's intro to "Cowboy's From Hell" is pretty damn good. Stone Temple Pilots "Crackerman" is a great beginning riff - but much better live. Revelations certainly is cool..

d_rock97 probably thinks of these bands like I think of Blue Cheer, James Gang, and Rainbow...
3/30/2016 10:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Have you always lived in 'motown or did you move there when it became more acceptable in mainstream society?
Well, I was born in Detroit and moved to Houston when I was 13. So go Tigers, go Astros, but **** the Rockets and the Texans.
3/30/2016 10:04 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 3/30/2016 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 6:18:00 PM (view original):

KISS - Detroit Rock City
Audioslave - Revelations

Zakk Wylde's riff to start "My Jekyll Doesn't Hide" is my personal favorite. Dime's intro to "Cowboy's From Hell" is pretty damn good. Stone Temple Pilots "Crackerman" is a great beginning riff - but much better live. Revelations certainly is cool..

d_rock97 probably thinks of these bands like I think of Blue Cheer, James Gang, and Rainbow...
Don't know who any of these people are lol
3/30/2016 10:05 PM
No worries d_rock. Just shows how old I am.
3/30/2016 10:10 PM
So do you live next door to drock in 'motown? I'm pretty sure I told you the only acceptable answers. Although, to be fair, those aren't bad choices so I could excuse you for only renting an apartment in 'motown to "experiment with other things".
3/30/2016 10:10 PM
you mean 2 correct answers besides pretty much every Van Halen song ever recorded I'm sure...
3/30/2016 11:53 PM
Posted by edsortails on 3/30/2016 11:53:00 PM (view original):
you mean 2 correct answers besides pretty much every Van Halen song ever recorded I'm sure...
Van Halen was that fun girl you knew after HS but you never really respected.
3/31/2016 12:08 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/30/2016 10:10:00 PM (view original):
So do you live next door to drock in 'motown? I'm pretty sure I told you the only acceptable answers. Although, to be fair, those aren't bad choices so I could excuse you for only renting an apartment in 'motown to "experiment with other things".
I can listen to Black Label/Wilde-Ozzie all day. My clients don't like hearing it on conference calls though.
3/31/2016 12:09 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...14 Next ▸
Sayonara, ARod Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.