Important Useful tools for HD Topic

I play by sense of smell.
4/10/2016 8:44 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/10/2016 8:44:00 AM (view original):
I play by sense of smell.
But how do you screen out your own ...?
4/10/2016 8:48 AM
Years of practice....my olfactory glands know my stink.
4/10/2016 8:51 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/10/2016 12:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by muskies85 on 4/10/2016 12:04:00 AM (view original):
wow ive never seen that juco iq database. thats solid information. Thanks!
some people have full ones, but they dont share since its a lot of work, ill get around to finishing it one day.
It took 3 of us months to do the one that we have. I havent checked it in awhile and havent updated it but it was over 300 Junior Colleges. You can only get so many each recruiting session so with 3 of us doing it across 5 or 6 worlds it really sped up the process. I could see it taking someone a year to do it with only 1-2 worlds as its just a massive amount of data and again, you're at the mercy of what recruits are kicked out each season. Sometimes you have to even pony up and do multiple scouting sessions to find out the schemes rather than just a phone call so that was also a big deal since you didnt want to blow a bunch of money just to find out a JUCO that you probably wouldnt sign at d2 let alone at d1
4/10/2016 10:37 AM
You can save a little time on the individual player stats spreadsheet if you add an importhtml function. Then you only need to enter the team id rather than copying and pasting the stats page. I can share the one I use if you're interested in seeing how it works.
4/11/2016 9:17 AM
Hmm?
4/11/2016 9:32 AM
bump. What were you saying, shaf?
5/10/2016 5:58 PM
Shaf, can you provide specific instructions on how to do this for those of us that are a little more challenged?
5/11/2016 10:58 AM
So, i figured out the Importhtml thing but it messed up a lot of the formulas. Since I didn't make the spreadsheet I don't know where to begin to start fixing everything.
5/11/2016 11:31 AM
Here's the one I use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Up7MXzXEuNA7JNnERUPf3qSaTnpe5yHTE5ySdqNntYY/edit#gid=0

The importhtml function is in A3 and you enter the team ID in A1. This is just a quick summary of some of the stuff I was looking for when gameplanning. It just shows how many 3s a team takes, who takes them, who shoots the most, and who their most efficient scorers are. I also use it to see who my most efficient scorers are and who should be shooting more or less 3s. That's what I use it for but you can take the imported stats and do whatever you want with them. Some of the stats are hidden in columns G-T.
5/11/2016 4:05 PM
Where do I find team ID?
5/11/2016 4:21 PM
NM found it
5/11/2016 4:22 PM
Shaf, what is the "+-" thing indicating. I just tested your template for a 18-6 team and everyone is negative
5/11/2016 8:59 PM (edited)
Posted by pureh21 on 4/10/2016 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/10/2016 12:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by muskies85 on 4/10/2016 12:04:00 AM (view original):
wow ive never seen that juco iq database. thats solid information. Thanks!
some people have full ones, but they dont share since its a lot of work, ill get around to finishing it one day.
It took 3 of us months to do the one that we have. I havent checked it in awhile and havent updated it but it was over 300 Junior Colleges. You can only get so many each recruiting session so with 3 of us doing it across 5 or 6 worlds it really sped up the process. I could see it taking someone a year to do it with only 1-2 worlds as its just a massive amount of data and again, you're at the mercy of what recruits are kicked out each season. Sometimes you have to even pony up and do multiple scouting sessions to find out the schemes rather than just a phone call so that was also a big deal since you didnt want to blow a bunch of money just to find out a JUCO that you probably wouldnt sign at d2 let alone at d1
you also could just copy the list of signed jucos before recruiting ends and then reference those players IQs on the teams listed after recruiting ends.
I also only use juniors as the two year college IQ is generally in the B range, while the sophs one year IQ can be confused with the high school IQ.

I think it took me about 7-8 seasons to build up a list of 530 jucos.
5/11/2016 9:43 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/11/2016 8:59:00 PM (view original):
Shaf, what is the "+-" thing indicating. I just tested your template for a 18-6 team and everyone is negative
In theory, it's supposed to tell me if a player should be shooting more or less threes. I just kind of made it up without a lot of thought when I originally made the spreadsheet. It's (1.5 times a player's 3pt%) - (the player's TS% with 3pt fga removed). A player with a positive number has been more efficient shooting threes (maybe?) and a player with a negative number has been more efficient inside the arc. It's really only significant for players that shoot 3s. A really big number means that the player should probably shoot more 3s and a really low number means they should probably shoot less 3s.
5/11/2016 10:39 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Important Useful tools for HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.