Important Useful tools for HD Topic

Looking at the column headers again I realize there are a couple that might not be self-explanatory. FGAr is FGA per 40 minutes, efg% is effective FG% where 3 pointers count as 1.5 FGM, and 3A% is the percentage of a player's FG attempts that are 3s.
5/11/2016 10:44 PM
It's just going to import the table from the stats page so it should work for any size team. Just copy your formulas down a couple more rows.
5/12/2016 3:54 PM
The problem is that I use the team stats for the statistics I added so when there is 11 players, were the team cells are change... Do you know a way around this?
5/12/2016 4:31 PM
another thing that could be factored in is the FT%.

Generally if a guy shoots only 3's, he probably doesn't shoot many free throws, so the FT rating isn't that important. If another guard shoots only 2's, there's a good chance he also shoots more FT's than the first guy. FT% would be more important for this type of player.

also the 1.5x for threes is misleading as well as it disregards the FT's made, or the and-ones. A two plus a FT should factor in the same as a made 3.
5/12/2016 5:35 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 5/12/2016 5:35:00 PM (view original):
another thing that could be factored in is the FT%.

Generally if a guy shoots only 3's, he probably doesn't shoot many free throws, so the FT rating isn't that important. If another guard shoots only 2's, there's a good chance he also shoots more FT's than the first guy. FT% would be more important for this type of player.

also the 1.5x for threes is misleading as well as it disregards the FT's made, or the and-ones. A two plus a FT should factor in the same as a made 3.
eFG% does not facotr in FT shooting, however TS% does incorporate FT shooting
5/12/2016 5:40 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/12/2016 4:31:00 PM (view original):
The problem is that I use the team stats for the statistics I added so when there is 11 players, were the team cells are change... Do you know a way around this?
I see what you mean. There might be a way to deal with that but I wouldn't know it off the top of my head. One thing you could do for now is duplicate the sheet a couple times in new tabs and have one tab each for 9, 10, 11, or 12 players.
5/13/2016 8:22 AM
This is good stuff.

....wish I understood most of it....
5/13/2016 5:09 PM
I added a Wins Added stat to the spreadsheets, it seems a spot on, number wise. The 11 player-team on my current sheet is 15-3 (6 wins above) and the team Wins Added is 5.98. The 10 player-team on my current sheet is 19-7 (6 wins above) and the Wins Added is 4.2. This stat seems pretty good.
5/13/2016 7:12 PM
It looks like you made two separate sheets. You can put them both in one sheet with two different tabs. Not a huge difference but maybe a little more convenient in the same sheet.
5/14/2016 1:55 AM
What's the easiest way to take what cubcub did and be able to just enter my team ID like I could do with shaf's?
5/14/2016 6:49 AM
OK, on the sheets sheet go under the "file" tab and press "make a copy." You will have a new sheet you are free to edit.
5/14/2016 11:21 AM
Posted by shaf5576 on 5/14/2016 1:55:00 AM (view original):
It looks like you made two separate sheets. You can put them both in one sheet with two different tabs. Not a huge difference but maybe a little more convenient in the same sheet.
Will do.
5/14/2016 11:21 AM
As far as team size is concerned, you should be able to fix that using a named range that has 12 spots .. then sum the entire column. Blank Rows should not impact things like average and sum.

You would might have to erase the cells before import and use an if statement to leave your calculated fields blank if there is a blank cell in the A column.

I have not done spreadsheets using Google Sheets (but I have lots of experience with Excel and LibreOffice Calc, and even as far back as Lotus 123 .. I'm an old bastard :D) .. but I will try to see if I can fix that sheet so size of team does not matter

====
EDIT:
Based on looking at how sheets does the import of HTML data, the way one would do this is to have a separate load area (somewhere else on the main sheet or a second sheet) and then copying based on if statements,
====
EDIT2:
@cubcub113: try this one: http://bit.ly/1sexFrP

It creates a LOAD area at A100 and then updates the top area. It should work for any roster sizes from 6 to 12. It will leave blanks at the bottom between for any players < 12 and keep the "Totals" and "Opp. Totals" in the Same place all the time.
5/15/2016 11:07 AM (edited)
Posted by hoosierkyle on 4/9/2016 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Alright, I just play the and learn as I go and I enjoy that.

This is intense haha.
For me, it's a basketball game played on a computer. For many, it's a computer game that just happens to be set in a basketball milieu.
5/16/2016 8:24 AM
Posted by MyGeneration on 5/16/2016 8:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hoosierkyle on 4/9/2016 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Alright, I just play the and learn as I go and I enjoy that.

This is intense haha.
For me, it's a basketball game played on a computer. For many, it's a computer game that just happens to be set in a basketball milieu.
The latter tend to have more success.
5/16/2016 10:32 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Important Useful tools for HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.