Exclusive Ownership LV RESULTS Topic

Posted by dcmatcheck on 5/2/2016 10:16:00 PM (view original):
All right, who got Pedro!?
That would be me
5/2/2016 11:52 PM
2ND roster sent. Can't believe I actually got my starting line up and Staring Rotation and half my bullpen!
5/3/2016 9:08 AM
Posted by ozomatli on 5/2/2016 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dcmatcheck on 5/2/2016 10:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ozomatli on 5/2/2016 9:59:00 PM (view original):
Well, that did not go as expected
Ok, so now that it has been foiled, will you reveal your secret plan?
Ha, sure. I thought there was a chance this would work since it's a variable cap. Looks like I actually just overthought it (which is usually what happens when I have "brilliant" ideas).

Anyway, I divided my roster into "guarantees," "likely gets," and "gambles." I wanted at least a 98M cap, so I allocated 8 roster spots for the guarantees. These were all 200K players who did not appear at the top of any searchable lists. Just random 200K guys. I got all 8 of these. I then allocated 2 spots for likely gets, which were my 300K pinch hitter and my 250K pinch runner. I got both of these. So far so good, 100M cap.

That left me with 15 roster spots left for gambles. The gambles consisted largely of players with high priced "best" seasons but also some lower priced seasons to allow me to fit them under the 90M cap. These included Greg Maddux, Christy Mathewson, Pete Alexander, Babe Adams, Ed Walsh, Elton Chamberlain, and Mike Adams on the pitching side, and King Kelly, Ty Cobb, Frank Baker, Hughie Jennings and a few others on the hitting side. I ended up getting 5 of these, which was about what I was expecting, which leaves me with a 105M cap. The problem, though, is that I got NONE of my pitchers. I figured I would get at least one of the elite starters I gambled on and that would give me a leg up in the league. Instead, I'm left building my pitching staff from scratch in Round 2. Though, I did get Bob Caruthers (as a hitter), so maybe I'll just transfer him over to the pitching side for my second roster like I did last season. Who knows! Definitely not the result I was hoping for, though. I thought the balance between hitters and pitchers I got from the gambles would be more even.

Needless to say, I have doubts we will be making a third straight WS appearance.
This was pretty much what I did. A few bench guys that you're reasonably certain you'll get, to add those millions to your cap. Then with pitching I added a bunch of high-priced guys with usable cheaper seasons to help with budgeting if you get more than one. For that reason, I also had Alexander, Walsh, Mathewson, and Maddux in my list. Offensively, I chose players who had a quality season about $1M less than the season I actually wanted use, so I at least knew if I got that player, I could use the more expensive season and have the budget for it, or use the cheaper season and apply the extra $1M I gained towards 2nd/3rd/4th round players instead.
5/3/2016 1:55 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 5/2/2016 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Don, you have me at 17 on the list, but I only claimed 15
Fixed, now. Switched ozo and pstuts. Also flipped totals for skunk and tridentric, but caught that before the package went out. I was so tired when I was finished the results package, I didn't the energy to figure out what I did.
5/3/2016 6:30 PM
No worries, but I'll gladly take the extra 2M if it's still on the table
5/3/2016 6:56 PM
Strategy? We ain't got no stinkin' strategy.
5/3/2016 9:44 PM
Second roster sent to mllama, ozomatli, and rickysdad. I will open a couple more tonight. I may be slow to get to them the next couple of days. Special project at work.
5/3/2016 10:45 PM
2nd roster sent
5/4/2016 7:19 AM
Posted by Donburgh on 5/3/2016 10:45:00 PM (view original):
Second roster sent to mllama, ozomatli, and rickysdad. I will open a couple more tonight. I may be slow to get to them the next couple of days. Special project at work.
Confirmed that I received Don's second roster/
5/4/2016 8:17 AM
Zzzzz
5/5/2016 11:23 PM
Posted by Tucker T's on 5/5/2016 11:23:00 PM (view original):
Zzzzz
Don said it may a little slow to due to actual real life so relax.
5/6/2016 12:52 AM (edited)
The anticipation is part of the fun. (Although not in my case-- I'm anticipating disaster.)
5/6/2016 8:19 AM
Posted by halo23 on 5/6/2016 12:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Tucker T's on 5/5/2016 11:23:00 PM (view original):
Zzzzz
Don said it may a little slow to due to actual real life so relax.

Wasn't up to speed . . . . . thanks . . ... . .
5/6/2016 10:56 AM
Caught up on rosters. 20 in. Batandball,EasyE7273, Relkcirts, and tridentric are last out. Will sitemail.
5/6/2016 5:26 PM
I am in
5/7/2016 4:56 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Exclusive Ownership LV RESULTS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.