Anyone knows the value of considering credit Topic

A lot of unknowns to calibrate exactly. The more tests studies like this you do the closer you can get to actual ratios.

Like others have mentioned, the prestige is a big unknown. B+ v. B could be a 1% advantage or over 20%. 10% was a good average to guess but it could be off by +/- 10%. That's 5 campus visits either way.

When comparing CV to HV I also use a range similar to the range in prestige. That 2.5-1.0 ratio is what I use for the high end. I wouldn't doubt that the 2.5 could also be off by as much as 10%.

5/10/2016 2:45 PM
Sorry guys, what is "considering credit." Thanks. Pretty new user, I haven't came across this phrase yet.
5/10/2016 3:16 PM
If I put in 10 home visits to a recruit during the first session of recruiting and you put in 10 home visits a couple days later just prior to the signing period, my effort will have more value than your value.
The question raised here is how much is the difference. ie if you put in an 11th home visit, would that 10% increase from 10 to 11 on your part, overcome the early considering credit I have built up with the recruit since day 1?
5/10/2016 3:54 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/10/2016 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Sorry guys, what is "considering credit." Thanks. Pretty new user, I haven't came across this phrase yet.
Considering credit is what you get during recruiting when a recruit is "considering" you, but before the player has signed. It begins to accrue 24 hours after recruiting. It's a small bounce at best.
5/10/2016 4:52 PM
considering credit is a tough nut to crack. there are so many factors in a battle, and rarely, are two schools in for vastly different amounts of money at vastly different times - that only really happens when someone jumps into a battle after signings.

i generally figure it at 1-2% per cycle but could see it being as high as 3%, which actually can add up to be quite significant. my general take on it is, im not sure what its worth, but i am pretty confident its not negligible - i feel like i could "see" its influence on battles, where im somewhat confident it matters. how much, though, i have no idea. someone recently suggested to me a very high figure, but i am skeptical. still, i respect them enough to wonder. this battle does not really add up minus considering credit, and maybe its a good case for considering credit being a pretty substantial factor.
5/10/2016 6:19 PM (edited)
Posted by adreid on 5/10/2016 12:48:00 PM (view original):
For the sake of providing an equal comparison, I put in 106 HV at $301/visit and some scouting trips on the front end. I promised minutes the 2nd to last cycle but never promised a starting spot.
when was "the front end"? we sort of need to know when the effort was put in exactly to the cycle to try to do some math to calculate a minimum value on considering credit here.

edit: zorzii can you also link to the two teams or at least provide the worlds, i need to see the team history to take a stab at the true prestige difference. b vs b+ can be 0 difference to 2 partial cycles of difference, thats a massive range.
5/10/2016 6:22 PM
I believe it was between Vanderbuilt (adreid) and Clemson (zorzii) in Phelan.

Recruit was Luis Powell who ended up going to Vanderbuilt.

[Edit] Playoff cash for Vanderbuilt was 23.3K while it was 35K for the ACC.

What might be the issue is the recruit for Clemson was only 240 miles and he was using CVs for $1030 which was a cost ratio of 2.436 to the HV at that distance. If the CV:HV ratio is less, then he was using his money less efficiently than Vanderbuilt.
5/10/2016 7:26 PM (edited)
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/10/2016 6:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by adreid on 5/10/2016 12:48:00 PM (view original):
For the sake of providing an equal comparison, I put in 106 HV at $301/visit and some scouting trips on the front end. I promised minutes the 2nd to last cycle but never promised a starting spot.
when was "the front end"? we sort of need to know when the effort was put in exactly to the cycle to try to do some math to calculate a minimum value on considering credit here.

edit: zorzii can you also link to the two teams or at least provide the worlds, i need to see the team history to take a stab at the true prestige difference. b vs b+ can be 0 difference to 2 partial cycles of difference, thats a massive range.
5 scouting trips on the very first cycle. Was considering me after first cycle.
5/10/2016 7:43 PM
i really meant the 106 home visits... like how much effort did you put in early, that could be accruing considering credit?
5/10/2016 8:51 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 5/10/2016 7:26:00 PM (view original):
I believe it was between Vanderbuilt (adreid) and Clemson (zorzii) in Phelan.

Recruit was Luis Powell who ended up going to Vanderbuilt.

[Edit] Playoff cash for Vanderbuilt was 23.3K while it was 35K for the ACC.

What might be the issue is the recruit for Clemson was only 240 miles and he was using CVs for $1030 which was a cost ratio of 2.436 to the HV at that distance. If the CV:HV ratio is less, then he was using his money less efficiently than Vanderbuilt.
i used to have that line of thinking but some folks convinced me i was wrong. i think both coaches played it right, but i could be wrong again...
5/10/2016 8:53 PM
I am still confused as why I lost the battle, but there is something in the numbers we don't get. I put all in at 8 cycle (signing period) 35K, then 11 10Kmore. Got more at 8 in the morning, and I think I was done by then. But the recruit signed during that day... We were that close and the recruit signed pretty fast..

I think I probably did not have any edge in prestige. Vanderbilt is probably a high B, and I am a low B+.
5/11/2016 8:10 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 8:10:00 AM (view original):
I am still confused as why I lost the battle, but there is something in the numbers we don't get. I put all in at 8 cycle (signing period) 35K, then 11 10Kmore. Got more at 8 in the morning, and I think I was done by then. But the recruit signed during that day... We were that close and the recruit signed pretty fast..

I think I probably did not have any edge in prestige. Vanderbilt is probably a high B, and I am a low B+.
Even if the prestige is that close I'm surprised he signed on day 4 with the numbers provided. Not trying to ask a dumb question (because I've seen this before), but are you SURE you offered a schollie?
5/11/2016 8:39 AM
I am sure I did. Maybe I should open a ticket to understand the thing... It's strange.
5/11/2016 8:48 AM
Strange thing about it is that, I was getting messages at 8 saying I was ahead or maybe it was at 11 that day... And then he signs at 2...

Maybe they implemented their new thing : the recruit can sign at anytime and he will not always choose the highest bidder.
5/11/2016 8:54 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/11/2016 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Strange thing about it is that, I was getting messages at 8 saying I was ahead or maybe it was at 11 that day... And then he signs at 2...

Maybe they implemented their new thing : the recruit can sign at anytime and he will not always choose the highest bidder.
If that's the case, then he was telling us both we were ahead... I never got anything saying I wasn't in the lead from the first cycle on.
5/11/2016 9:22 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Anyone knows the value of considering credit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.