stamina
5/19/2016 5:47 AM
Posted by duece_duece on 5/19/2016 4:25:00 AM (view original):
I agree the only reason I'm trying it is because I'm bored. Nobody has mentioned HCP/MAN, is there a reason??
easier to get players capable of the Press/Zone-- can hide 1 or 2 lackluster defenders better than with a Man, when they'll get exposed in the halfcourt.

Hence, the need in Hawaii to get creative.
5/19/2016 11:39 AM
Posted by duece_duece on 5/19/2016 4:25:00 AM (view original):
I agree the only reason I'm trying it is because I'm bored. Nobody has mentioned HCP/MAN, is there a reason??
I am playing HCP/Man at Rockport in Knight. I was actually shifting from press to man (I like man better) and I decided once I had them both practiced at a decent level that I would try both.

Stamina is better than press alone, but steals are not much better. I was also bored which is why I tried it. The team is doing OK.. I am using 54 minutes right now in IQ practice.. More than would normally use.
5/20/2016 6:29 AM
I love press/zone. I got to 2 F4 with it at D2 Naismith (pkoopman), and I'm not buying that the success was "in spite of" the set. It isn't a good option for a coach that just wants to set a lineup and leave it alone, but it is the defense that gives you the most options, so if you like to tinker, it's a lot of fun. All the match-up flexibility of the zone, including double-teams, late-game shifts, etc, but you can also get some extra turnovers with very little effort. I've never noticed a stamina or fatigue problem, certainly not as imperative to play with 12 as a straight press. If you think the only value to the zone is being able to take multiple walk-ons and stay competitive, then I would think twice. But if you appreciate zone as a concept, and want to add a few turnovers to the mix, press/zone is a lot of fun. I devote about about 50 IQ points per season, give or take, depending on class makeup. The HCP doesn't need as much attention to be effective.
5/20/2016 10:12 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.