Removing / Moving Redshirt Topic

I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere. If, before the first OOC game, I apply redshirt status to freshman players A, B, and C...but intended to apply them to freshman players A, B, and D.......

1) Would there be a penalty (WE hit) for removing the RS from player C?

2) If removed from player C, would that 3rd RS still be available to be applied to player D?

I'm pretty sure the answer to question 2) is "yes" but I don't think I've ever had to... and it's not worth the potential WE hit, so I didn't want to just "try it and see what happens" ...hence, question 1)
5/16/2016 1:03 AM
In an effort to simplify, I may have done the opposite... If that didn't work for ya, try this.

1) If I remove RS from a FR before the season starts, will he loose WE?
2) If I remove RS from a player, can I apply it to another player?

ok, that's all I've got
5/16/2016 1:08 AM
No he wont lose WE & Yes you will still have one RS available.
5/16/2016 3:02 AM
phew lol thanks! That's exactly the answer I expected...and hoped for. It would be putting too much on the line if I wasn't sure.... guess I got nervous :P
Thanks again, fotman!
5/16/2016 9:31 AM
One issue. After a player has played in a season he can't be redshirted that season. I'm not sure if there is a certain number of plays he has to be in or if it's just one play but at some point you loose that ability.
5/16/2016 11:13 AM
Ok I didn't realize you were talking about before the season started. My reading comprehension needs work.
5/16/2016 4:23 PM
Thanks for chipping in spcbuzzartd ;) All is well and the redshirts are where they belong.
5/16/2016 11:04 PM
hahahaaha I just did a search on the boards for "removing redshirt" ...and was directed here, to my own question/post... apparently I don't learn OR remember very well!
2/21/2017 9:59 AM
Make sure you change the time frame. It defaults to search just the last 30 days. Gets me every time.
2/21/2017 11:07 AM
Removing / Moving Redshirt Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.