Knowledge Base: Position Tiers Topic

It will probably come down to what you want. I learned most of this by checking the draft evals of leagues I wasn't even in. For instance, most people around here will tell you 12-13 Lebron and 66-67 Wilt are the best two seasons in the sim. For guys like Kareem, Moses, and Rodman, you can grab their most expensive season and come away happy. For a guys like Shaq and Jordan, there are a couple competing seasons depending on who you ask.
6/6/2016 9:39 AM
Posted by superrobb420 on 6/6/2016 9:39:00 AM (view original):
It will probably come down to what you want. I learned most of this by checking the draft evals of leagues I wasn't even in. For instance, most people around here will tell you 12-13 Lebron and 66-67 Wilt are the best two seasons in the sim. For guys like Kareem, Moses, and Rodman, you can grab their most expensive season and come away happy. For a guys like Shaq and Jordan, there are a couple competing seasons depending on who you ask.
It seems to some that the best combo to have without using clones is Rodman, LeBron, Curry, and Stockton. Didn't really notice what center would be the the best to finish that starting 5. Also it seems Durant in his injury riddled season is the ideal 6th man.
6/6/2016 6:00 PM
Posted by nbafan23 on 6/6/2016 6:00:00 PM (view original):
It seems to some that the best combo to have without using clones is Rodman, LeBron, Curry, and Stockton. Didn't really notice what center would be the the best to finish that starting 5. Also it seems Durant in his injury riddled season is the ideal 6th man.
More often than not, the answer is Wilt, but with that lineup you probably want Dwight or Shaq so you can have have a high usage guy with an interior presence (70%+) and a high efg (57%+).
6/7/2016 9:17 AM (edited)
Posted by superrobb420 on 6/7/2016 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nbafan23 on 6/6/2016 6:00:00 PM (view original):
More often than not, the answer is Wilt, but with that lineup you probably want Dwight or Shaq so you can have have a high usage guy with an interior presence (70%+) and a high efg (57%+).
Too bad the cap won't allow that
6/7/2016 10:35 AM
Which cap are you looking for? Open leagues? And you're looking for good compliments to Stockton, Curry, LeBron, Rodman without using clones? Walton and Whiteside are probably your best options with some high usage partial season players as backups.
6/7/2016 12:26 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/7/2016 12:26:00 PM (view original):
Which cap are you looking for? Open leagues? And you're looking for good compliments to Stockton, Curry, LeBron, Rodman without using clones? Walton and Whiteside are probably your best options with some high usage partial season players as backups.
I think I found a few hidden gems for my centers going into my next league. All I need is a backup PF, SG, and PG from my 3 rookies they give me. Or just ones whonare versatile enough to play those spots behind my 3 starters at those positions
6/7/2016 12:56 PM
For those who use 14-15 Durant and some others who didn't play a lot of games in the seasons you picked. How do you handle their fatigue and/or injury factor(s)?
6/7/2016 9:29 PM
minutes * 1.02 / 82. That's what you play someone; not their RL mpg. So, for Durant, that's around 11mpg
6/7/2016 10:31 PM
So the 3 rookies? Are they always like a big and 2 perimeter players?
6/11/2016 12:29 AM
You always get at least one person who can play PF or C, one person who can play PG or SG, and one person who can play SF. I find that usually the rookie who is 100% at SF is can also play PF rather than SG, but it varies slightly.
6/11/2016 3:25 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/11/2016 3:25:00 PM (view original):
You always get at least one person who can play PF or C, one person who can play PG or SG, and one person who can play SF. I find that usually the rookie who is 100% at SF is can also play PF rather than SG, but it varies slightly.
That's not entirely true. I've missed out on pg, sf or c a few times
6/11/2016 7:35 PM
I've missed out on PG or C a few times. As I said, either a PF or a C and either a PG or a SG. However, I have never once missed out on a SF. Weird.
6/11/2016 8:05 PM
Possibly the way to rank players by position is to assign a value to each stat and do a summation. A 1 for most stats and a 2 for rbs, ast, efg & def...-1 for tow & -2 for pf. O-rbs result in near 70%fg and need consideration
7/16/2016 3:22 PM
◂ Prev 12
Knowledge Base: Position Tiers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.