DH $52M Draft League LIV Topic

you didn't express a preference
5/23/2016 5:08 PM
Posted by copernicus on 5/23/2016 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't matter. I was waiting for the lottery to make my slot selection, I checked all weekend. Lottery never was posted and then I get stuck with the 18th slot.

Not cool
5/23/2016 5:11 PM
Posted by eleibowitz on 5/23/2016 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't matter. I was waiting for the lottery to make my slot selection, I checked all weekend. Lottery never was posted and then I get stuck with the 18th slot.

Not cool
I'm confused by the order as well.. Closer to 1 should be the default.. And we shouldn't have to declare before the season is over or before lottery results.
5/23/2016 5:22 PM
Posted by milest on 5/23/2016 5:22:00 PM (view original):

Not cool
I'm confused by the order as well.. Closer to 1 should be the default.. And we shouldn't have to declare before the season is over or before lottery results.
We both got shafted Milest.. Agreed closer to 1 should be by default
5/23/2016 5:24 PM
Yes. Yes we did. I agree totally.. The season ended yesterday morning and the draft order was posted yesterday afternoon. I'm all for expediency- but I also think allowing 24 or 36 hours for everyone to submit their decision is reasonable.. especially the owners that were still in the finals.. My draft position could vary greatly depending on if I lost in round 1 or made it to the finals, so I think deciding 'closer to 1' or 'closer to 24' when the playoffs have just started is silly. Also, the rules say that the owners can pick their position. So the lottery winner can pick #6 if he wants. Then the runner up in the lottery can decide to pick 10th, and so on... If those are the rules, we should be given some time after the lottery is posted to figure out what spots are taken and what available spot is optimal. Regardless of all of that- 'closer to 1' should be the default...
5/23/2016 5:39 PM
Posted by milest on 5/23/2016 5:39:00 PM (view original):
Yes. Yes we did. I agree totally.. The season ended yesterday morning and the draft order was posted yesterday afternoon. I'm all for expediency- but I also think allowing 24 or 36 hours for everyone to submit their decision is reasonable.. especially the owners that were still in the finals.. My draft position could vary greatly depending on if I lost in round 1 or made it to the finals, so I think deciding 'closer to 1' or 'closer to 24' when the playoffs have just started is silly. Also, the rules say that the owners can pick their position. So the lottery winner can pick #6 if he wants. Then the runner up in the lottery can decide to pick 10th, and so on... If those are the rules, we should be given some time after the lottery is posted to figure out what spots are taken and what available spot is optimal. Regardless of all of that- 'closer to 1' should be the default...
Yep
5/23/2016 5:41 PM
According to the rules of picking whatever available slot that you want (which I like), I wouldn't be allowed to pick my slot until everyone other than Mikee1 and the 2 new guys made their choices. According to those rules, it is nearly impossible to make a decision before the playoffs are over and especially before the lottery is posted. 'IF' those are the rules (and they are) we should play by them instead of sticking to the 'old' 'closer to 1 or 24' rule. Or just change it back on the cover post next season.. One or the other
5/23/2016 5:46 PM
I'd say something, but I suspect the post would blow up with person attacks - illogical as they may be ------ let me know if anybody wants to hear my thoughts
5/23/2016 6:29 PM
Posted by milest on 5/23/2016 5:47:00 PM (view original):
According to the rules of picking whatever available slot that you want (which I like), I wouldn't be allowed to pick my slot until everyone other than Mikee1 and the 2 new guys made their choices. According to those rules, it is nearly impossible to make a decision before the playoffs are over and especially before the lottery is posted. 'IF' those are the rules (and they are) we should play by them instead of sticking to the 'old' 'closer to 1 or 24' rule. Or just change it back on the cover post next season.. One or the other
ok...we dont literally go in order and wait for every owner to choose "closer to"....that would be a huge waste of time...that was merely meant to explain how the order gets constructed

5/23/2016 6:59 PM
Should I redo the draft order to accommodate eleibowitz and milest?
Votes: 25
(Last vote received: 5/24/2016 1:43 PM)
5/23/2016 7:06 PM
sly...hold off on posting your pick

i will wait to see if others think im being unfair...please vote everyone
5/23/2016 7:07 PM

Not cool
dh555
To:
eleibowitz
Received:
5/20/2016 2:15:00 PM
Subject:
DH52 Draft League LIV
im waiting on 2 more owners to join/drop...once they do i will be running the lottery and setting the draft order...so if you want to choose closer to 1 or 24, do it now
you were given plenty of time and a warning that i would be setting the draft order right after i ran the lottery
5/23/2016 7:11 PM
i don't think you're being unfair.

i think you should post your preference when you sign up or re-up. you should be allowed to edit your preference up until you pick, but if you don't post a preference, i think it's on you.

that said, i don't have a problem with restarting the draft, nor any sort of preference. my gut tells me people would be open to restarting, as well as quick to re-pick.

honestly, eleibowitz and miles are both experienced owners. they can win from the spots they have.
5/23/2016 7:12 PM
and i also think closer to 1 should be the default. in fact, i thought it already was
5/23/2016 7:12 PM
Dh I like you lol leaving up to majority rules :) I just hope eleibowitz and milest don't leave, draft leagues take so long to start..... ALSO are we doing a whole new lottery or just moving picks around? I don't care I am just curious
5/23/2016 7:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...27 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League LIV Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.