$52 Million Commentary Topic

Really good evals. I agree with your thoughts on my team.
1. Yeah, I've seen Rodman picked and the team still not be a good rebounding team. Didn't want that. After I had more than enough usage, rebounding was my main priority. 2. The team will live and die by the Brandon/Kobe backcourt. My thinking was that Kobe will draw the better defender on teams that have guards that can switch, which could open up some big games for TB. 3. And I don't really like the team much. Doesn't "blow me away" either. Still... I have the rebounding. There's enough assists with my undrafted, enough 3s also although I like more. Enough scoring, defense should be above average. It kinda fits.
6/5/2016 10:28 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 6/5/2016 8:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/5/2016 6:47:00 PM (view original):
Hey Mike......I don't have a great track record with any draft league. I'm getting pretty defeatist about my teams, but I have to say this: your one criticism seems to be scoring.

Three of my four scorers have a .60 TS% (Moncrief, Miller, Hardaway). Carter comes in at a lowly 55.1%, but when you average all four of them, their combined TS% is 58.7%. Guys like Carlos Boozer and Kevin Love are within 4 pts (around 59.1 TS%).

I may have a problem with something, but I really don't believe I'll have a problem with scoring. That said, predictions aren't reality. They're fun, but they don't do anything. Let's see what happens, but I'm not buying that.
BDS:
First off- Don't get defeatist- I've been playing on the site since 2009 or 2010 and I've had DOZENS of stinkers in draft leagues. Look at my MJ ODL team...what was I thinking? Besides, there are owners in this league still taking the same sim killers they were in 2010. THE VERY IDEA that you're thinking about your team like you are puts you way ahead.

I see your counterpoint regarding scoring. Since WIS doesn't use TS%, I typically do not either. The sim's dilution of FTA and magnification of 3PA, in my mind, justifies the use of EFG over TS. Your team EFG is 51.9% drafted right now- I do not think this is awful, but it isn't a positive either. Not sure you have the assists to support it either. I threw your team into the draft center to see what it looked like while playing around...
PROS: low fouls, low TO- nice job here, this counts. Can turn a mediocre team into a tough out. Plenty of FTA and 3PA.
WHOAS: low combined defensive rebounding, lowish assists despite a three guard rotation for 1/2/3, and non-existent paint scoring.

I am glad I looked at your team a bit more closely, as scoring itself might not be your weakness. That being said, I think your squad will need to be expertly managed to make the playoffs. Best of luck to you.
best of luck to you. i still hate MJ in the ODL, but i can think of one way to make it work. Bynum, Price and Jordan gives you really good passing, rebounding and efficiency & everybody thought you'd kill it. i think it's just hard with Jordan because he has a lot of usage, costs a lot but doesn't shoot a lot of 3's. it limits your options as the draft continues
6/5/2016 10:36 PM
Jkaye24- MJ, E Brand, Noah, R Allen, George Hill, Ryan Anderson, Cole Aldrich: I really screwed up my ODL MJ team. Brand and Noah are solid compliments. A secondary scorer the likes of Ray Allen is a nice addition. Don’t think Anderson does much for you in this league- I think at 52 he’s pretty overdrafted. The vets could probably shed more light on their favorite MJ season, but as far as I’m concerned the foundation is here and the only hole I see is SF/PF- which is Brand playing? Is George Hill starting? Could get “yikes” level quickly. Final take: Hard to say for sure, given I’m not sure what your starting lineup looks like. 50-50 playoffs? I guess?

good eval. To answer, Brand is SF. I have the value Ed Davis/Michael Smith package manning PF providing a combined 38 minutes of 12%usg, 60%efg, 60def and the requisite boards. Having MJ at the 1 does allow me to field a team with "good" not great rebounders up front but I think the total boarding is there. Hill backs up both guards spots adequately with 4-pt usage at a good efg clip and the same dimes as MJ. Not totally sure what the team will do but by the metrics I tend to use this should be an easy playoff team and maybe a 48-52 range for wins. Obviously I hope the ceiling is higher.
6/6/2016 1:59 PM
Thanks for the great evals mikee1. One overlooked aspect of my team is the 3210 FTAs and 2513 FTMs. That's 78% made.
6/6/2016 10:42 PM
Posted by vancem on 6/6/2016 10:42:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the great evals mikee1. One overlooked aspect of my team is the 3210 FTAs and 2513 FTMs. That's 78% made.
Glad you're in the West, vance...
6/8/2016 12:14 AM
Once again Jame Harden shoots my team out of the playoffs going 5 fo 16 in game 6. Wasn't that something that mikee1 pointed out earlier? Anyway l am glad to have had a strong finish and be able to have a 50 game winner in a really tough division. But it makes me wonder if the team hadn't started out 2 and 8 in the first 10 games and had won the dvision what might have been. I may have to change my drafting style next season.
7/23/2016 2:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
$52 Million Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.