Best Jobs Available Topic

The talent on each team is among the worst in D1A. They all have small senior classes that would make it difficult to add talent fast. As far as recruiting location goes, I like both Buffalo and Houston. There are many recruits in the area and hopefully enough to fall through the cracks to you. UTEP is a pretty dire location with almost half of it's 360 in Mexico. If those were the only three choices, I would favor Buffalo over Houston.

I hope this helps
9/8/2016 10:25 PM
Took over some decent D2 team after one year in D3. I'll be moving up to D1 asap. Such a slow grind, I think I have to spend 3 seasons in D2 just to qualify for D-IAA, yippee
9/8/2016 10:54 PM
With good success you can do it in 2.
9/8/2016 11:10 PM
Thanks awags. Not seeing anything that jumps out to me presently.
9/8/2016 11:29 PM
Not to discourage competition nitros but there isn't much to compete for out here tbh. New Mexico State and UTEP are only 30-40 miles apart and there is 1 decent 1A recruit in the large area of W. Texas/E. New Mexico and one marginal 1A/1AA recruit. Houston and Rice in other worlds I have recruited usually had quite a number of good ones.
9/9/2016 12:27 AM
Nitros, are those all that you are qualified for?
9/9/2016 7:14 AM
Two more D1A coaches hired last cycle but some real nice jobs available. Take a look.

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/coaching-carousel
9/9/2016 9:36 AM
Thanks for the input Timberdrive. Understand completely the comment on recruits in that area and thought that would probably be the case.
9/9/2016 9:47 AM

Nitros, are those all that you are qualified for?

I am qualified for the lower-tier D1A schools. First time looking at this level, so trying to figure out the best place to be for about 4 seasons.

9/9/2016 9:49 AM
nitros, I've been at MTSU before and its not too bad of a place in a weaker non-BCS conference. Navy and NT tend to be your biggest competition and recruiting-wise, East TN has some decent guys plus you get to plunder leftovers from AL and GA. You'll never be a NC contender there, but you could rack up some CCs on your way to building a resume.
9/9/2016 1:51 PM
◂ Prev 123456
Best Jobs Available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.