Injury bug still in effect? Topic

It depends on the injury. A groin injury to a pitcher isn't going to make him a better pitcher. Much like a hamstring/knee injury to a catcher. No one cares that their 33 speed catcher can become a 36 speed thru recovery cycles.
6/4/2016 8:05 AM
I'm always torn with short term leg injuries for middle infielders and CF. It'd be nice to jack up their range but I don't want to keep such an important position out for so long.

I usually salivate when my pitchers go down. I can usually replace them and the gains are usually pretty awesome.
6/4/2016 10:30 AM
And this only works with medical of 20? I currently have mine at 16, will it not work the same here?
6/5/2016 10:17 AM
More is better.
6/5/2016 10:57 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/2/2016 6:46:00 AM (view original):
Real life has nothing to do with HBD recovery cycles.

And I doubt no one, literally no one, will read all of that. This is a goddam simgame not a cure for cancer.
I read it. Twice. I also copied it on to a post-it note to put on my mirror for daily inspiration. Before reading it I had a cold, and now I feel great and lost 8 pounds.
6/5/2016 11:15 AM
Posted by bhizzy04 on 6/5/2016 10:17:00 AM (view original):
And this only works with medical of 20? I currently have mine at 16, will it not work the same here?
Not even 18 works that well. Make it $20.
6/5/2016 3:31 PM
I've only got $12M in medical...
But I have this prospect in AAA who just went down with a minor arm injury (strained shoulder). I put him on the 7-day DL. Should I transfer him to the 60-day and see what $12M in medical does for him?
Player Profile: Hipolito Coronado - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
6/6/2016 3:08 PM
The real question is "Why shouldn't you?"
6/6/2016 3:35 PM
...because my bullpen sucks and he's my only minor league pitcher who might be able to help my BL club. He's only out for 12 days. I switched him over to the 60-day (thinking I could switch him back after he gets an injury recovery boost or 2... looks like that's not the case).

also, the question would be whether he would get more improvement from the injury recovery boost or from playing time.

also, you all keep saying it's pretty much $18M+ medical is necessary...
6/6/2016 6:22 PM
He's a 3rd year pro. Not sure how much natural development he has left. But, yeah, if your pitching sucks and he'd help, 60 day might not have been the right call. But I always put my minor leaguers on the 60.
6/6/2016 6:31 PM
Sucks may have been an exaggeration, but my bullpen has underperformed besides my best reliever. It's pretty early in the season, so he should still be back to help me down the stretch if I still need it.
6/6/2016 11:28 PM
Pretty good example. 3rd year pro, short-term injury(groin) and needed a range boost to get where I like my CF.

Player Profile: Clarence Lucroy - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
6/8/2016 1:35 PM
Price just got a "regular season" line instead of a injury recovery. I guess there's no point in keeping on the dl anymore right?
6/16/2016 9:57 AM
Nope.
6/16/2016 9:58 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Injury bug still in effect? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.