Bernie Sanders - Another Political Hypocrite Topic

So the hippie kook, after campaigning for months and months and months about how Hillary Clinton would be the wrong person to lead the country, now jumps on the "party unity" bandwagon and pledges to work with her.

This is the problem with the political system in the US. The "Party First" mentality trumping (no pun intended) what one may sincerely feel is what's best for the country.

If you believe in your convictions, stand by them. Don't sell out.

Bernie. You sold out. Your followers should feel deeply betrayed.
6/10/2016 8:20 AM
This is what always happens. What did Rubio say about Trump during the primary? What did Clinton say about Obama in 2008?

Bernie supporters shouldn't feel sold out. He lost. And, of the remaining candidates, Clinton more closely aligns with Bernie's policy preferences so he endorsed her.
6/10/2016 10:09 AM
Of course it's what always happens. Doesn't make it right. This "we have to keep our parties untied" **** is killing America, especially when the parties have become so polarized that so many American's feel politically abandoned. When you have only two major parties, and they're both really ******, I don't see how that's a good thing.

And it doesn't really matter who more closely aligns with Sanders' philosophy . . . Hillary is still light years away from what he was representing.

It's like saying you'll endorse Saddam Hussein as your dictator of choice instead of Adolf Hitler because he'll likely kill fewer people. Both are still really, really bad options.
6/10/2016 10:45 AM
The horrid way the 2 Parties are controlling this Country is the reason I have supported Trump from the beginning. When we have Legislators from Michigan voting against the Auto Industry and Legislators from Iowa voting against farmers, because that's what their Party wants them to do, something needs to change. We need to get back to the point where Legislators are voting for things that help the people who elected them instead of voting to help their Party. Now, I don't know what, and I know how, or with what end result, but if Trump wins, there will be change. With the way the 2 Party BS is spiraling this Country down the sheitter, I'd rather risk that the change would be for the better than keep with the status quo.
6/10/2016 10:57 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2016 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Of course it's what always happens. Doesn't make it right. This "we have to keep our parties untied" **** is killing America, especially when the parties have become so polarized that so many American's feel politically abandoned. When you have only two major parties, and they're both really ******, I don't see how that's a good thing.

And it doesn't really matter who more closely aligns with Sanders' philosophy . . . Hillary is still light years away from what he was representing.

It's like saying you'll endorse Saddam Hussein as your dictator of choice instead of Adolf Hitler because he'll likely kill fewer people. Both are still really, really bad options.
Except she isn't "light years" away from him. I'd bet they line up on something like 80-90% of the issues.
6/10/2016 12:05 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/10/2016 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2016 10:47:00 AM (view original):

Except she isn't "light years" away from him. I'd bet they line up on something like 80-90% of the issues.
So what's in the 10-20% of differences that put you so firmly in the Hillary camp?
6/10/2016 6:17 PM
I like Sanders a lot. I'd support him if he was the nominee.
6/10/2016 7:10 PM
So what, according to you, are the 10-20% of the differences between Hillary and Bernie?
6/10/2016 10:34 PM
I think the main differences are foreign policy and healthcare. Sanders does not want the US military involved overseas and wants to replace the ACA with single payer.

They are pretty close on other issues.
6/10/2016 11:04 PM
They both use their position to take a billion dollars from wall street and foreign governments in exchange for favors?
6/11/2016 12:36 PM
6/11/2016 3:02 PM
6/12/2016 12:59 PM
Bernie Sanders - Another Political Hypocrite Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.