For all the Negative Beta - Consider your actions Topic

Posted by the0nlyis on 6/15/2016 12:10:00 AM (view original):
yeh if we just blindly followed seble and kept our mouths shut just think how bad this update would be, jesus christ the horror.

and anyways seble just dodges any actual questions of substance calling them haters and just listens to the 4 people following him around like a god and those out working to make the update benefit them by getting rid of their competition

I don't think seble has adressed:
-why jobs wasn't fixed besides just saying it wasn't a plan
-why recruit generation isn't being touched besides "it wasn't in the plans"
-why recruit rankings at least won't be fixed
-has avoided the impact of EE's except for I believe the punishment of walkons being reversed after extensive posting on that issue
-avoided rebuild time except for the crap response to my question in the dev chat forever ago
-avoided saying how this actually helps D1 and does not change D2/D3
-avoided why superconferences should be eliminated besides saying there should be other reasons to be in a super conference and hoped conference prestige factor would be enough of a bone
-avoid talking about the 2 signing periods except for the description
-avoided talking about changing the weight of baseline and current prestige
-avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative
-avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams(emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides "no need to appease those leaving because they are haters"
-avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN and comcast where he apparently was preaching a new business model where monopolistic companies got rid of the lube and just went in dry instead

seble confirmed hillary clinton

*if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart

he really has just been focusing on the mechanics on recruiting like action points and budgets
I hope that the phrase you quoted is not the exact words that Seble used in reference to coaches such as myself, the one that goes "no need to appease those leaving because they are haters". If he DID you that phrase in reference to me then he can kiss my ***. I've been playing this game for longer than Seble has been the HD admin and not just by a couple of days. I've been playing HD since Seble was fetching Tarek's coffee and mail every morning. That's non-stop ladies and gentlemen. I've stayed through all of his fouled up roll outs, all of his debacles, all the months of deafening silence with not a word about the state of the game. So to sit there and call me a "hater"? Seble, if you read this, I'd like an apology----right here in this thread will suffice. To call one of your most loyal customers over the past decade plus a "hater", well that's just bad business.

Can someone in the beta get that part of his conversation and site mail it to me please? I'm sure HIS bosses would like to know what he thinks of the people who pay his salary.
6/15/2016 6:51 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 6/15/2016 10:09:00 AM (view original):
7. "avoided why superconferences should be eliminated"... superconferences are a problem because there is little incentive for conference mates to battle each other for recruits, because the postseason bonus money can be such a great cash cow. Though there aren't any secret pacts between conference mates, there is an unwritten rule about how unwise it is to fight your conference comrades, and each season there is usually a Coaches Corner where someone is questioned on this. I'm in 1 superconference, coincidentally with Theonly, and after 2 years I'm not sure I remember any head to head recruiting battles between our conference mates... nothing wrong with that, and I'm part of it, but that's the glaring problem of having superconferences.

8. "avoid talking about the 2 signing periods except for the description"... I think the 2 signing periods are a good thing based on this past Beta season, and can be improved further with two additional items... by (1) including a recruit's preference to sign across 3 or 4 possible gradations, like ASAP, or very late, or somewhere in between... and (2) adding additional recruits to the player pool for the 2nd signing period, to create some strategies regarding late-bloomers... sign a solid guy early, or wait for a potential stud... would allow low Div-1 schools an improved chance to get solid recruits.

9. "avoided talking about changing the weight of baseline and current prestige"... I like the idea of recalibrating baseline prestige (Illinois and Clemson shouldn't be so high by 2016 performance)... not sure what you mean about the weighting of it, but it's based on the past 4 years, and that could be adjusted I guess.

10. "avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative"... I think he's talking to many people on both sides, but how do you talk to a raving lunatic who threatens "do what I want or I shoot your dog"...? Or who threatens to quit HD altogether if any changes are made outside of fixing job firings and Early Entry stuff?

11. "avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams (emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides 'no need to appease those leaving because they are haters'..." you have 12 main concerns (listed here) that many owners don't really give a snot about, and demand that action be taken on these items... you did the hashtag thing and have been completely out of control, throwing yourself on the gears of the mechanism, destroying the village in order to save it, all that good stuff... I guess owning the most teams gives you a bigger microphone, whether it's you, emy, angmar, etc...

12. "avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN..."... sorry, I don't understand the joke...

13. "seble confirmed Hillary Clinton"... sorry, don't understand the joke...

14. "if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart"... many of your items no one really cares about... I think he's addressed many of them anyway, like definitely superconferences and 2 recruiting periods.

15. "he really has just been focusing on the mechanics on recruiting like action points and budgets"... he is focusing on those things a lot, I agree.
Can you please point me in the direction where I said that having the most teams means I should have the "biggest microphone" or that my word should carry more weight than others?

Look man, you want to get ****** off at the guy who posted, that's fine. But please don't imply that I said something that I did not.

Thank you.
6/15/2016 6:57 PM
I am in the Beta...would send it but honestly, I dont know where you were mentioned?
6/15/2016 6:59 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 6/15/2016 8:24:00 AM (view original):
yeh if we just blindly followed seble and kept our mouths shut just think how bad this update would be, jesus christ the horror.

and anyways seble just dodges any actual questions of substance calling them haters and just listens to the 4 people following him around like a god and those out working to make the update benefit them by getting rid of their competition

-has avoided the impact of EE's except for I believe the punishment of walkons being reversed after extensive posting on that issue
-avoided rebuild time except for the crap response to my question in the dev chat forever ago
-avoided why superconferences should be eliminated besides saying there should be other reasons to be in a super conference and hoped conference prestige factor would be enough of a bone
-avoided talking to those against him because he only needs to swing those on the fence and not those who are negative
-avoided talking about losing the two coaches with the most teams(emy-16 and me-15 teams) as well as many other people planning on leaving and the impact it will have besides "no need to appease those leaving because they are haters"
-avoided releasing his transcripts from his paid speeches to ESPN and comcast where he apparently was preaching a new business model where monopolistic companies got rid of the lube and just went in dry instead

*if he has talked about any of those I'll cross em off the list and applaud seble for not being a total turdfart

he really has just been focusing on the mechanics on recruiting like action points and budgets
I think this is a helpful post as far as understanding the concerns of many owners.
It looks like there are 12 grievances, but to me, who started HD in September 2013, i really couldn't care less about most or all of the 12 items, certainly without any sort if strong passion:

1. "jobs fixed"... i think getting to Div-1 is too long a slog, but to me i just wanted to know what was required and i was happy... originally someone posted to me that 1 NT in Div-2 qualified me for Div-1, but it ended up i needed 3 NT's. Once i learned to correct requirements then i was fine. Job firings, i guess i never understood the strong passion behind wanting owners canned. Since i joined in HD, there have always been Big Six openings available. Ok, sometimes you have to wait a couple more years for a certain Sim team's prestige to tank... but so what, and i don't care cuz I've always enjoyed rebuilds better than stepping into a plum situation.

2. "recruit generation"... as exciting a topic as Gerald Ford's "Whip Inflation Now" campaign... zzzzzzz... some veterans told me I'm supposed to get excited about this, though i like more good players in the pool so that i can find some hidden gems.

3. "recruit rankings"... another snoozer issue about a semi cosmetic change... zzzzz... actually poor recruit rankings helps low Div-1 teams because many can't recruit Top 25 guys per position... bad rankings allow talent to slip thru cracks... see Whiz Kid Kris Mireles on Crum Holy Cross season 79.

4. "Early Entry" fixes... i've been playing for 3 earth years, and EE nhas never affected me except that each year UConn and Boston College are guaranteed to have 4 or 5 openings which screws me here in New England. For anyone who is affected negatively by the EE problem, well as Solozzo said to Don Corleone, "tu salute!"

5. "Avoided rebuilt time"... i agree if you're saying that Seble should have checked in more frequently on a regular basis and made little changes to let us know he cared.

6. "Didn't answer how it helps Div-1 and keeps Div-2/3 the same"... i think the Div-1 part has been explained a lot... all divisions will now avoid having recruiting simply be backing up the biggest dumptruck full of cash and depositing it on the roof of a recruit's house.

to be continued...

I will say the posts by Rednu and mullyc and others that explained their concerns in depth are helpful, as is this one by theonly.
Honestly, if you don't see why Recruit Generation is THE biggest problem in the game, by far, bar none, then you most definitely are not understanding the basics of the D1 game at all.

Fixing this nightmare alone would solve, by proxy, so many of the other issues plaguing the game that a Recruiting re-write would not be needed at all. He could have saved a lot of time and a lot of effort by simply fixing THE main problem with the game and one that many veteran coaches have been trying to get him to listen to for a long, LONG time.
6/15/2016 7:08 PM (edited)
I agree...but still don't see why you need a personal apology > Edit....I don't read most of Onlys rants
6/15/2016 7:13 PM (edited)
Posted by emy1013 on 6/15/2016 6:51:00 PM (view original):

I hope that the phrase you quoted is not the exact words that Seble used in reference to coaches such as myself, the one that goes "no need to appease those leaving because they are haters". If he DID you that phrase in reference to me then he can kiss my ***. I've been playing this game for longer than Seble has been the HD admin and not just by a couple of days. I've been playing HD since Seble was fetching Tarek's coffee and mail every morning. That's non-stop ladies and gentlemen. I've stayed through all of his fouled up roll outs, all of his debacles, all the months of deafening silence with not a word about the state of the game. So to sit there and call me a "hater"? Seble, if you read this, I'd like an apology----right here in this thread will suffice. To call one of your most loyal customers over the past decade plus a "hater", well that's just bad business.

Can someone in the beta get that part of his conversation and site mail it to me please? I'm sure HIS bosses would like to know what he thinks of the people who pay his salary.
no, it's not his exact words - you should probably take a lot of only's posts with multiple grains of salt.

He asked the negative posters to at least acknowledge the feedback and changes that are occurring for those who aren't in the beta as to not portray an unfairly overly negative impression.
6/15/2016 7:11 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/15/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 6/15/2016 3:28:00 AM (view original):

only, hes already made a half dozen changes (plus probably two dozen bug fixes) and hes got a list of about 10 more changes he wants to get done in the next round, with more to come. how can you say he's not listening to anyone with sense? he's not listening to you, but if he was, he'd be proving your point.

seble has been acting on feedback from guys like OR and chapel, and many other reasonable HD coaches. you are so blinded by your bias its incredible.
Thank you, gillispie1. A couple of those guys are having their kicks trolling me and making up names that would make a fifth grader proud, such as Coach Dud. Ignore them. I do. That's what I mean by background noise, they aren't really part of any conversation about beta.
But neither are you, are you? I haven't seen you post any ideas or suggestions. All I've seen you do is ride someone's coattails by saying how great their comment was or to stay positive because negativity sucks, blah, blah, blah. I can accept it if I missed some things and I'm wrong, just show me where. But as there are negative trolls so are there positive ones and I've seen nothing from you that could be deemed as actually contributing anything of note to any of these threads.
6/15/2016 7:15 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 6/15/2016 7:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 6/15/2016 6:51:00 PM (view original):

no, it's not his exact words - you should probably take a lot of only's posts with multiple grains of salt.

He asked the negative posters to at least acknowledge the feedback and changes that are occurring for those who aren't in the beta as to not portray an unfairly overly negative impression.
Got it, fair enough. That's kind of why I said I "hoped" he hadn't actually said that. I probably should have waited on the rest of it until I was 100% certain. Thanks for clarifying Dacj.
6/15/2016 7:19 PM
Posted by npb7768 on 6/15/2016 3:40:00 PM (view original):
To summarize my previous post:
Why does it matter if a weak player with 1 ATH is ranked as the #50 PF?
Can anyone answer this question?:

"Why does it matter if a weak player with 1 ATH is ranked as the #50 PF?"

It was listed at #3 by Theonlysis on his list of the most important things that needed to be fixed. Number 3 on his list. Three.

I am here to learn.
6/15/2016 7:32 PM
Posted by acn24 on 6/15/2016 7:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 6/15/2016 12:38:00 AM (view original):
Every complaint that begins like this: “However, past experience … “ or continues like this: “over a period of years” is not really part of the conversation. It is nothing but background noise. That is what some veterans of this game have reduced themselves to. That is very sad to see.

Kudos to the veterans that are actually living in the present and cooperating to help produce what appears to be a promising beta so far. There are things that need work, obviously. But the progress is there to see for those who aren’t living in the past.

Obituaryconc, npb7768 and wvufan76, thank you for your posts. Well said.
Why is it promising? What improvements from the current game does it offer, in your opinion?
Just reposting since nobody saw fit to answer this morning.
6/15/2016 8:03 PM
I have a couple reasons why it is an improvement:

1. It allows recruiting to be done over weeks instead of two days. In all honesty, I will still probably do most of my work in just a few days but now I am not beholden to the narrow window, ESPECIALLY if the pre loading of first cycle actions is implemented.

2. It should promote battles for the top recruits in D1 so the second and third tier programs have chance to compete against the first tier teams.

3. The player potential be broken into 5 categories instead of three is super useful (at least for me).

4. It's new. We don't know all the "tricks" yet. Recruiting has an element of risk to it again.

Those are my thoughts, take them for what they are worth.
6/15/2016 8:18 PM
I could be very wrong but I think the in season scouting and recruiting is going to help with new user retention. Many of my friends stopped playing after a couple seasons because they were bored during the season but really liked the recruiting part. If done well, I think new people would get into the game faster. My 2 cents.

Oh and the 6 hour cycle thing could help with the complaint that it's very time consuming. That could be a nice improvement
6/15/2016 9:04 PM
I think new user retention is their #1 goal, probably as it should be.
6/15/2016 9:33 PM
So far, looks like a typical WIS update. That is, a fuckin trainwreck. This game really went into the shitter when the original Admin left. Everyone who stayed past that point has been settling for a diminshed product simply because it resembled what it once was and they could see what it COULD become. The reality is that it's went downhill and it will continue to do so as long as the current "Big Corporate Attitude" is in place. Fine by me, I'll spend my money elsewhere. Fox doesn't need my money and seble can find another job once this site finally goes **** up. It's a fact that you can't keep shitting on you most loyal customers forever without reprecussions. At the end of the day, every corporation has their ears located in their wallets, and when you hit the wallet, you FINALLY get there attention. Time to remind them who really pays the bills around here.
6/15/2016 9:34 PM
I really wish everyone would remember this is "Whatifsports" not "as realistic as possible sports"! When I first started playing you could take any team and if you recruited well enough, molded the players just right then it was possible to build a Hoops Dynasty anywhere but it depended on you not conf. prestige or baseline prestige. It was what you did or didn't do that made the difference. If this was a horse racing dynasty game would you only want to run Secreteriat or would you like to take the cute pink unicorn with the long purple mane and become a legend for building that unicorn into a KY Derby winner! Ok that may be the medication talking but hopefully you see where I'm coming from!
6/15/2016 10:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...10 Next ▸
For all the Negative Beta - Consider your actions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.