" why D2 D3 should be able to recruit D1 players "

Just to be clear, anyone who thinks that D2/D3 should be able to compete successfully with D1 for a recruit is free to explain their thinking. I don't think that, and it essentially hasn't happened yet.

However, players so poor that no D1 coaches (even sims) want them should be available to anyone. There's no harm in that.
7/14/2016 2:02 PM
The thing is it's not the "sims" not wanting those players its they way they make sims recruit make it look like sims don't want those players because they are just recruiting so utterly terrible. And those that get leftover I believe all go juco or get signed by sims schools at the end so they do get taken by their "projected level" and not down to teams that should have 0 chance of signing these guys even if no humans at D1/D2 take them

So then you have some attractive guys untouched D2/D3 can't get when really those guys should be going to sim's they are just programmed to be garbage and worse than D3 teams.

At least for me its more I want the sims to get those over D3 because it keeps it more balanced with not having such wide ranges of talent between the divisions. But it also brings up recruit generation for generating such ****** players that become projected D1 players when they are D4 players. I assume recruit gen is in a bell curve however the end of D1 bell curve overlaps waaaay too much with D2 and D3 origins of their bell curve, there should be a clear gap in talent, I don't know if you have but even just watch Power D1 teams play verse non major D1 teams play and then if you can watch a D2/D3 school play those guys even the best D2/D3 guys are just completely outmatched physically and talent-wise, even now we see guys at D2 who should be playing D1 heck even a few B6 guys, but that is also due to population as well as recruit gen...

but what do I know I'm in the "insane asylum" as you like to say and it's not like I've been playing longer than you, played almost every aspect of the game, actually had success in the game, and actually know how the game works, and not just trying to make the game work better for "me" like a bunch of people are trying to do... but sure your 5 seasons sure are enough to give you supreme authority of everything, you've somehow managed to be more arrogant and condescending than billy/emy combined except you have 0 of the talent and no one lets you enjoy the ego because you are **** at this game.
7/14/2016 2:23 PM (edited)
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/14/2016 2:02:00 PM (view original):
" why D2 D3 should be able to recruit D1 players "

Just to be clear, anyone who thinks that D2/D3 should be able to compete successfully with D1 for a recruit is free to explain their thinking. I don't think that, and it essentially hasn't happened yet.

However, players so poor that no D1 coaches (even sims) want them should be available to anyone. There's no harm in that.
But that is what you have been saying all along Spud. You believe that because a DI player has had zero interest from a DI school in the first day, then he should be free game to the lower divisions. The fact remains, a lot of those lower DI recruits are not going to get any attention until signings start and battles are lost and the backup options start getting looked at more closely and AP's start being applied.

I never did take the time to look at your record before, but you should really stay out of the sandbox until you know how to build a sand castle. You are running around here like you know the best thing for this game when you have only played 4 seasons and just started your 5th. Are you kidding me??!! There are lots of coaches that are far better than I asking you to zip it, and they have more titles than you have seasons played. You haven't even won an NT game. You cherry picked a team in DII after a lone season in DIII, had a 27-3 record, and lost in the 1st Round. What is worse, now that you have to rely on only your players, you can't get out of your own way and are 6-4.

Why don't you take a seat at the back of the classroom and learn something about HD before you think you should be up at the podium teaching. And yes, I have titles and they took me a looong time to get them. Something I doubt you will see.
7/14/2016 2:47 PM
"But that is what you have been saying all along Spud." LOL, even when I repeat myself it doesn't sink in with some people. LOL. And you can save your personal attacks for someone who cares. Here, they just add to the background noise.

And in case you didn't realize it, W-L depends largely on what a coach is trying to do, which may not be to just pile up W's as though that somehow proves his cajones. And W-L under various screen names aren't additive.
7/14/2016 4:08 PM
And W-L under various screen names aren't additive.

I never have understood why anyone would use "various screen names" (and I assume various email addresses ) unless were trying to cheat
7/14/2016 4:24 PM
Oh avoiding the question again and adding another quote of "background noise"

What exactly are you trying to do at D2 be the most moderately average coach there is? because if thats you're goal then you might be doing it!
7/14/2016 4:37 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 7/14/2016 4:08:00 PM (view original):
"But that is what you have been saying all along Spud." LOL, even when I repeat myself it doesn't sink in with some people. LOL. And you can save your personal attacks for someone who cares. Here, they just add to the background noise.

And in case you didn't realize it, W-L depends largely on what a coach is trying to do, which may not be to just pile up W's as though that somehow proves his cajones. And W-L under various screen names aren't additive.
That must explain your desire to join a SIM dominated conference and schedule all SIMs your 1st 4 seasons.
7/14/2016 4:39 PM

Well Spud you have me there I must admit. You have opened my eyes to the light. I can't believe you are the first person, after all of these seasons played, that I have been approaching this game all wrong. Here I thought the object was to have more WINS than Losses and win a title at your division to say you had the best team that season. Silly me. Enjoy playing however you seem fit in adding more losses to your record sir.
7/14/2016 5:06 PM
Spud good. Everyone else bad.
7/14/2016 6:21 PM
Spud is just butthurt D3 can't recruit D2/D1 recruits right away and D1 can recruit any division they want right away.

You know like maybe because D1 schools are more prestigious than D3 schools and D1 sims are and should be better than D3 human schools...
7/14/2016 6:31 PM
I wish spud would release his outline of what spudball would look like. We might be able to determine what mental illnesses he has then.
7/14/2016 6:33 PM
If you keep responding you care ;)

And the more you refuse to answer the stupider yoy look and more people realize you are the dumbest freaking coach we have here

You can't even answer simple questions because you know anything you say will get torn to shreds by anyone with any sense of a brain and understanding of this game unlike you.

The more you post the more everyone will insult you because you're a dipshit with no clue of what you are talking about
7/14/2016 6:40 PM (edited)
Good bye, you've wasted enough of my time. Have another drink ...
7/14/2016 6:36 PM
Avoided the question dipshit
7/14/2016 6:40 PM
aw man, I was hoping he was gonna stay around. He's so entertaining.
7/14/2016 6:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...17 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.