RUPP is losing coaches Topic

oh another great post by seble

I know there are some of you unhappy with how things are working. The difference between complaining and constructively criticizing is to post details about what you don't like and ask me to investigate and explain why. Just tossing out vague comments doesn't help me.

Thanks.

6/27/2016 12:26 PM
It is going to happen.....Some will leave, more than some will cut back on the amount of teams they have, some will like it. No matter if they took a poll and 20% said they will leave and 50 % said they will cut back on teams, and the other 30 % said they like and will keep the same amount of teams or add some...it still will happen.

As EMY said, the very simple problems to a game that was for ALL (or else they would not have played it) were ignored and Seble has now a new toy to play with.

6/27/2016 12:26 PM
Posted by taniajane on 6/27/2016 12:26:00 PM (view original):
It is going to happen.....Some will leave, more than some will cut back on the amount of teams they have, some will like it. No matter if they took a poll and 20% said they will leave and 50 % said they will cut back on teams, and the other 30 % said they like and will keep the same amount of teams or add some...it still will happen.

As EMY said, the very simple problems to a game that was for ALL (or else they would not have played it) were ignored and Seble has now a new toy to play with.

Yes, it will happen no matter how much we complain and know matter how many flaws it has. Why? Simple, all the time and money (i.e., salaries) spent developing this turd have to be justified and you can't justify it if it's in the garbage can. Of course, an even bigger factor than that is that certain site staff are so damn stubborn that they'd tell you the sky was pink and purple striped and wouldn't move off that statement no matter how much evidence you show them to the contrary.

We'll never know but it would be interesting to compare how much money was spent developing this thing versus how much money it brings in (new users or coaches adding teams) or loses (coaches dropping teams or quitting altogether).
6/27/2016 12:55 PM
RUPP is losing coaches ... and the beta isn't. Hmm ...
6/28/2016 1:05 AM
The beta auto-renewed everyone. I didn't renew and I'm still there. Coaches are leaving the real worlds because the beta game will be rolling out soon.

Seriously, I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that you are seble or a WIS employee, but it's getting hard to take you seriously. All you do is flit about from thread to thread to try to defend every little thing that seble does or says and everything about the beta. It's really hard to think that this account belongs to an actual thinking human being. You don't seem to have any original thoughts or opinions beyond "I love WIS and Seble and I think everything they touch turns to gold."
6/28/2016 4:19 AM (edited)
Played hundreds of seasons. When the time to switch comes I will stop playing the sim. Knowing that there were other things in the game that should have been improved before what is coming down and were not is all I can take.
6/28/2016 1:57 AM
For those that don't believe people that have spent alot of time and money here wont leave I suggest they look at EMY1013 458 seasons or Irapost's 322 seasons as examples. I am a rookie compared to them with only 54 seasons. The fact is there will be many empty or SIM dominated worlds.
6/28/2016 5:04 AM
Coachdud Unintelligent Noobie Troll.... maybe we can come up for an appropriate acronym for him.....
6/28/2016 5:15 AM
206 seasons, #26 on the most wins with no championship list (lost at D3 and lost at D2) and I've severely cut back teams, will either take 1 or zero teams into new version. I still pay fractionally to play and don't like the updates. Recruiting will take longer, it's going to be much harder to move/move up, and I don't understand why I keep losing recruiting. 9 home visits to an international and I can't knock off a C- D3 when I'm D1. Not as fun anymore.
6/28/2016 7:13 AM
I am going to continue to play and keep the teams I worked hard to build or remain in the best D3 world, Naismith. So I am sure to have three teams left once it hits.

Can somebody tell me who is Coachspud? Looks to me he is Etta-like...
6/28/2016 7:56 AM
I echo the other long-time coaches in this thread. 130ish seasons and will stop when the update rolls around. I don't have time to learn a new game, I don't have the extra time it takes to scout/recruit, and I don't have phone/internet access at work that allows me to recruit so once the last minute e-bay style sniping takes effect I can only imagine I'd be losing out on players left and right at signings. Not to mention the 4-8 week pause of all worlds will make me realize HD is just a hobby. Sad, really, because this was a game I definitely enjoyed playing.
6/28/2016 8:43 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/28/2016 8:43:00 AM (view original):
I echo the other long-time coaches in this thread. 130ish seasons and will stop when the update rolls around. I don't have time to learn a new game, I don't have the extra time it takes to scout/recruit, and I don't have phone/internet access at work that allows me to recruit so once the last minute e-bay style sniping takes effect I can only imagine I'd be losing out on players left and right at signings. Not to mention the 4-8 week pause of all worlds will make me realize HD is just a hobby. Sad, really, because this was a game I definitely enjoyed playing.
and you presently have 6 teams to go to SIM
6/28/2016 8:49 AM
I have already cut back 1 team and will be cutting back 2-3 more and probably only keeping Iowa St. until the changeover. I have enjoyed the game and left before and come back, but this time it seems like a perfect storm of young kids, lack of time and want to learn the new game. I am in the beta and honestly it isn't very fun to me to play a game that doesn't mean anything when there are many larger problems (job logic) with the existing game. I know people won't care if I leave, but I thought I would post here because I have enjoyed the community over the years and I have spent a lot of money on WIS.
6/28/2016 8:54 AM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 6/28/2016 8:43:00 AM (view original):
124 seasons, top 5 in wins in Knight, 0 National Championships and 1 Forums ban for telling Spud off. I'm in the beta and have said in the past few weeks that it's not as bad as I thought it would be...and it's admirable that Seble is doing his job for once and tweaking things, but I'm leaving as well. I especially echo darnoc29099 when he said that 4-8 week pause will make him realize that HD is just a hobby.
To me the game has meant a few things... back when my Oberlin program played for a NT it rekindled my real-life love of hoops, so I hit the court again. HD was my escape from reality when I had two different illnesses and the chemo that followed. The Coaches in here have meant a lot as they've offered prayers and support along the way. That's why I'm upset...great Coaches and even better people stepping aside because what was needed to help the game was ignored. That's cool though. Seble has his update, guys like Spud will be happy as well. I have a ton of memories of "the good ol days" and am happy with my career here. One out-of-character post probably lost me some respect from some Coaches I admire and I apologize to them, but I felt it was needed at that time.
All sentimentality aside, I have one season left at Oberlin where I'm 12 wins short of 2000 for my Knight career. I'm going to play the season out and then I'm out like many others.
6/28/2016 9:28 AM
To be honest though, it does not take longer Darnoc... It's not really a new game, the only difference is that Scouting is not ready as it is right now, it's tough to get a feel of what to do with the way it is organized now, but TKimble gave me an idea on how to do things, I will try it next beta season. Recruiting is messed up, It needs a lot more work, but It shows promises. I think it can be fun but Seble has to sort out value of prestige, limitations for D3 and D2, limitations for préférences that aren't really important, poaching to some extend, value of attention points towards unlocking stuff... What to do with conference money and all. So he still have his work cut out, but I think he is making strides. So to people who want to quit altogether, I suggest you keep a team in so you slowly get the hang of it. And if you do not like it after some seasons, then I'd understand you leaving. But for now, all this talk about leaving is premature.
6/28/2016 9:47 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...10 Next ▸
RUPP is losing coaches Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.