Durant to Warriors Topic

Westbrook is going to lead the NBA in shots taken next year.
7/5/2016 2:15 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 7/5/2016 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Westbrook is going to lead the NBA in shots taken next year.
certainly possible though I think the Thunder (if RW isn't traded) will be a better team than a lot of people think. RW has been significantly underrated because he played with Durant.
7/5/2016 2:41 PM
The New American Way. If you can't beat 'em, give up and join 'em.
7/6/2016 2:56 PM
It happens all the time. Players leave teams for better teams. Nobody said a word last year when Aldridge joined the Spurs.
7/6/2016 3:12 PM
So lemme argue FOR Durant as well.

1. With the new money, big 3s are not enough. You need a big 4 to dominate.
2. OKC didnt seem to be upgrading much this year.
3. Oklahoma sure as heck is not Cali.
7/6/2016 4:02 PM
Yeah, Westbrook is gone after this year. I believe that, in my heart of hearts, Durant actually really loves playing with him and would have stayed if Russell would have told him he would stay as well. I don't know that they ever would have gotten a title together, but that draft day maneuver really put them in a great situation IMO.

I don't know that I've seen a big 4 in my lifetime (spanning back to the early 80s) that's even close to as good as this. Some big 3s that were better, but a big 4? It's going to be fun to watch.
7/6/2016 4:24 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/6/2016 3:12:00 PM (view original):
It happens all the time. Players leave teams for better teams. Nobody said a word last year when Aldridge joined the Spurs.
A big 4 has never really happened. Usually one side or the other is past their prime (such as Duncan and Gino). This is 4 top 2 guys in the league at their positions, all in their prime, on a team that won 73 games last year.
7/6/2016 4:24 PM
Posted by pointfwd on 7/6/2016 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 7/6/2016 3:12:00 PM (view original):
A big 4 has never really happened. Usually one side or the other is past their prime (such as Duncan and Gino). This is 4 top 2 guys in the league at their positions, all in their prime, on a team that won 73 games last year.
As a lifelong Warrior fan (started following in 72-73), it's kinda fun to think about being in this position. 10 years ago, this team was a laughing stock. Now, they're the bullies on the block (well, the 3-pt line)
7/6/2016 4:50 PM
Management did a poor job of trying to replace Harden once they traded him. I did like their trade this offseason, but a little too late for KD it seems.
7/6/2016 5:45 PM
Posted by ashamael on 7/6/2016 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, Westbrook is gone after this year. I believe that, in my heart of hearts, Durant actually really loves playing with him and would have stayed if Russell would have told him he would stay as well. I don't know that they ever would have gotten a title together, but that draft day maneuver really put them in a great situation IMO.

I don't know that I've seen a big 4 in my lifetime (spanning back to the early 80s) that's even close to as good as this. Some big 3s that were better, but a big 4? It's going to be fun to watch.
Would you take the current Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green over the 1986 Celtics Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ?
7/6/2016 6:11 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 7/6/2016 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 7/6/2016 4:24:00 PM (view original):

Would you take the current Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green over the 1986 Celtics Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ?
That's an interesting point: 4 HoFers that were playing like HoFers. Was DJ a top 20 player in the league at the time, though? Was he top 5 at his position? That was one of the Big 3s I would have taken over this Big 4... I wasn't even really considering DJ though.
7/6/2016 6:27 PM
I haven't watched the NBA since Jordan ruined it but the Showtime Lakers were pretty loaded.

Anyway, is it an accomplishment when you stack a team? Warriors won without Durant. Will he have the right to claim "I won a championship" if they do? Will the move be a massive failure, on him, if they don't?
7/6/2016 8:57 PM
"I haven't watched the NBA since Jordan ruined it they started playing defense"

if you cant find anything enjoyable about the last 30 years of the nba you probably were never a fan to begin with or just really stubborn/dumb
7/6/2016 10:57 PM
I may be really stubborn and/or dumb but Jordan turned it into "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!" It's all about "ME!!!!" now. That is not for ME!!!!

I did not enjoy the orchestrated TD celebrations. I like the players that hit a homer and round the bases without pointing to the name on the back of their jersey. Not a fan of the soccer guy who scores and runs away from his teammates rather than celebrating with them. The list goes on and on.

Kevin Garnett "raising the roof" after a dunk was particularly annoying. You're 7 feet tall. You dunked on a 10 foot basket. Yay.

Old school.

Anyway, back on point, I liken Durant joining the Warriors to a grade school pick 'em where the first captain gets three picks before the other captain gets a choice. Big deal when you win. Is Durant going to think "I put that 73 win team that won 2 seasons ago and lost game 7 last year over the top"? Does he think he's the missing link to making them good?
7/7/2016 8:33 AM
"
I may be really stubborn and/or dumb but Jordan turned it into "LOOK AT ME!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!!!" It's all about "ME!!!!" now. That is not for ME!!!!

I did not enjoy the orchestrated TD celebrations. I like the players that hit a homer and round the bases without pointing to the name on the back of their jersey. Not a fan of the soccer guy who scores and runs away from his teammates rather than celebrating with them. The list goes on and on."

Guess sports, in general, aren't really your thing, sucks for you
7/7/2016 2:30 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Durant to Warriors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.