world population data UPDATED - 7/13/16 Topic

I think they meant 100 teams a division. which would be 300 a world and 3000 total and a 1000 coaches again too high, either not that many coaches are "active" or the average coach has closer to 5 teams which would be 600 total coaches
7/15/2016 12:39 PM
i doubt 1000 is too high. i don't have a mapping between IDs, but one time i did do a count on the total # of unique coaches and the implied teams/ID and it was lower than i expected - even knowing my figure would come back lower because emy/dcy would be counted as 2 coaches instead of 1. i'm about to leave town for a few days but i think i have the coach count somewhere in this mess of dynasty list crap, i'll see if i can the implied teams / ID.
7/15/2016 1:25 PM
22 Big Six job openings in Smith
7/16/2016 3:33 PM
it's suboptimal...and tragically the pac10 is half empty.
7/16/2016 6:14 PM
no worries just wait a year or two for the new coaches to come get those jobs and everything will be alright if not feel free to agrue with nonsensical statements on why the update is supreme and has no flaws whatsoever all while screaming lalalalalalala

surely the reason for this exodus is due to the game being stale and they will rejoin once the updates hit
7/16/2016 8:41 PM
Thanks for again repeating the same comment you've made in every thread for a month over and over
7/17/2016 12:51 AM
Posted by bathtubhippo on 7/17/2016 12:51:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for again repeating the same comment you've made in every thread for a month over and over
no worries just wait a year or two for the new coaches to come get those jobs and everything will be alright if not feel free to agrue with nonsensical statements on why the update is supreme and has no flaws whatsoever all while screaming lalalalalalala

surely the reason for this exodus is due to the game being stale and they will rejoin once the updates hit
7/17/2016 2:04 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/17/2016 2:04:00 AM (view original):

+1
7/17/2016 7:22 AM
Posted by dacj501 on 7/17/2016 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/17/2016 2:04:00 AM (view original):

+1

7/17/2016 11:01 AM
Tark now at 335 openings. Anyone who doesn't make the toruney in that world must simply be a terrible coach.

Who is taking these spots from people leaving again?
8/8/2016 9:12 AM
wow i can't believe its almost been a month since i posted this... ill probably re-run after rupp wraps up to see how its looking - but again, that would only show the pop for the completed seasons, not for the ones in progress. still, i think its been long enough since the beta was announced now that we should start seeing movement in the numbers, if the movement some folks anticipate is going to materialize.
8/8/2016 3:37 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/15/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
i doubt 1000 is too high. i don't have a mapping between IDs, but one time i did do a count on the total # of unique coaches and the implied teams/ID and it was lower than i expected - even knowing my figure would come back lower because emy/dcy would be counted as 2 coaches instead of 1. i'm about to leave town for a few days but i think i have the coach count somewhere in this mess of dynasty list crap, i'll see if i can the implied teams / ID.
Hey now, how come I'm the one that gets used as an example and nobody else gets "exposed", ha ha?

For what it's worth, I think 1000 is too high but 350 (was that the number thrown out earlier?) is way too low. I'd say 800 or so. That averages out to 80 unique users per world, which would seem reasonable. Actually, that "looks" low. There may very well be 1000 after all.
8/9/2016 7:53 PM (edited)
Posted by dcy0827 on 8/9/2016 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 7/15/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Hey now, how come I'm the one that gets used as an example and nobody else gets "exposed", ha ha?

For what it's worth, I think 1000 is too high but 350 (was that the number thrown out earlier?) is way too low. I'd say 800 or so. That averages out to 80 unique users per world, which would seem reasonable. Actually, that "looks" low. There may very well be 1000 after all.
d3 is such a ghost town now, but i think still like 120 human-filled teams per division isn't far out of range. thats 360 per world, 3,600 total. i believe i long figured the average number of teams/coach was around 3 each and was surprised when admin said it was much less. for some reason i think admin said something like 1.72 per team but i am only about 3% confident that is accurate ;) i do remember admin posted about the avg teams/ID once and i was surprised how low it was, that part i am 95% sure about. of course his figure doesn't include coaches with 3 IDs and stuff but still.

you were a perfect example in the above because i like to tease at things in my posts at times... i'll tease at an advanced strategy or some trick of the trade that folks would only catch if they were in the know (and still maybe not) or really paying attention. or other times its not anything that matters at all, like in the post you quoted, but there is still something said yet unsaid.
8/9/2016 8:23 PM
289(!!!) job openings in Naismith.

And Naismith is the one that a mere few months ago was the only world safely under 200 openings and by far the most competitive.

But don't worry, because they'll do a "marketing" campaign of a free HD promo to flood the worlds with free users who will leave after one season...

Not good

9/28/2016 11:22 AM
nothing to see here jsa :(
9/29/2016 8:46 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
world population data UPDATED - 7/13/16 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.