Many more battles in Beta - more realistic Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Only : this is not how it is. Seble has been listening. We have been giving advices and discussing the game and it's going rather well. There are still issues to fix, some are subject to debate but all and all, the product is improving, yet it will not be the same as it is now. I am still hopwful, Seble because of the new scouting system, decides to fix recruit generation at D 1.
7/19/2016 8:24 AM
I really think that the competition for recruits and the ability for the top level players to be more spreadout will backdoor the recruit generation problem. The real problem is that their are say 50 elite players (totally making that # up it might only be 20) but those 50 players will be spread out over 20-40 teams as opposed to 12.
7/19/2016 8:29 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/19/2016 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 7/18/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
To lose 54 games in a row (at least) you go 0-27 in back to back seasons.

I went 0-27 once, when he who must not be named was bringing his brand of madness to HD and I decided I should take a new team with 12 openings. For the record, I don't recommend taking a new team with 12 openings at D3, you might easily go 0-27. I did at least go 9-18 the next year.
TK?

And yes, it takes something truly special to lose 55 straight. Chances are very good you will win at least one game in that long a span on pure accident, especially with an all human-recruited roster against a bunch of sim opponents.
nah, that was etta. vaguely remember that he was super indignant about taking a team with 10 openings or something.
7/19/2016 9:17 AM
Etta won a game. He took over the team with 10 openings and then ******* because he didn't realize he only got 6 scholarships worth of money. He claimed it was hidden information even after it was pointed out to him where it was written.
7/19/2016 9:34 AM
I'm with Only - I don't like the beta. If it ever goes live I'm likely only here as long as it takes to use up my seasons.
7/19/2016 5:26 PM
I'm not for or against anything. All I can say is that the game as currently constructed is not that interesting after 3 years. A change is probably good. Recruiting is not fun right now. Obviously we are losing coaches who get bored left and right. Maybe the beta changes are not the solution but it's hard to imagine recruiting being worse than it already is, which is mundane. We can't stop the update so make the best of it and try to enjoy the changes. Or leave. But that constant negativity and complaining is useless and pointless. It makes this place feel like a graveyard even more than it did before. If some of you are leaving at the update, then leave now and be done with it. Go or don't go. But too many are threatening and threatening and complaining and complaining and that is probably harming the game more than any update will do. Not just on the boards but across the coaches corners (in the few that people actually talk in). I might very well leave too eventually but not because of the update but because the game gets stale after a while. I'm hoping the changes will make it fun again.
7/19/2016 5:42 PM
So you are basically sitting on the sideline hoping it turns out good you don't discuss anything you must not be even paying attention to what's going on and you'll lose way more coaches implementing the updates than the current rate of losing them.

Recruiting surely can evident by the current beta results be waaaay worse literally coming down to luck and spending a whole bunch of time scouting

I'd argue forums are way more active now than before, but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Unfortunately like others you see nothing but complaining but time and time again people offer solutions that actually make sense instead of a game completely based on luck, sorry tj games based on luck are not fun at all. But seble being seble ignores anything just like he ignored the forums for years.

Tldr: you can't ***** about our bit ching when you are just sitting on the sideline quietly praying seble doesn't **** it up more, a stale game is better than a bad game
7/19/2016 6:08 PM
The more I read comments like that the more I realize that people don't really know what the terms "luck" "coin flip" and "random" mean.
7/19/2016 6:43 PM
The game Risk is awesome and is entirely driven by dice rolls.
7/19/2016 6:46 PM
Ever play risk, without dice? You can set it up that way in warlight.net. It's still fun but less fun.
7/19/2016 6:57 PM
I don't like dice roll games so I wouldn't play it.

Ever play halo where before killing someone it's a diceroll instead of skill of aiming and strategy

Dice rolling is not strategy it's luck.

I'd rather play stratego
7/19/2016 7:07 PM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/19/2016 7:07:00 PM (view original):
I don't like dice roll games so I wouldn't play it.

Ever play halo where before killing someone it's a diceroll instead of skill of aiming and strategy

Dice rolling is not strategy it's luck.

I'd rather play stratego
I have played halo where it's a dice game. It's way better.

7/19/2016 7:13 PM
I sense you have a past/current/future gambling addiction

Halo wars beats any dice rolling halo board game anyways
7/19/2016 7:19 PM
I do like to play cards. I guess that makes me an addict.
7/19/2016 7:32 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Many more battles in Beta - more realistic Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.