Posted by sjh0825 on 8/6/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
my league 3 and 5 teams started a combined 1-17. It's amazing they are now both only 5 out.
13-5 since and only 1 out and 5 out. Oh you fickle sim gods. (teams from league 3 and 4)
8/7/2016 11:30 PM (edited)
11 of the 12 teams in the 70m AL are either 10-8 or 9-9 currently. Parity!
8/7/2016 9:44 PM
OK...the same thing happened to me last year in the 2nd round of the wis championships. It's the reason I finished 24th. Several teams start the season with entire line-ups that don't hit at all...others have the same players and do just fine. So, out the box my teams lose most of their games. Then, as the season wears on, I start winning 25-0, then lose 2-1, 3-2 and 4-0. This way, the hitters get close to their stats but I still lose most of the games.
Then there's the pitching. Again, happened last year to 3 teams and already to two of my teams this year. I'll lose a 16 inning game. Sim uses up most of my set-ups. The next game, despite putting my starter at 1 and resting my set-ups, the starter goes less than one inning and sim puts in all my set-ups to complete the game (after throwing my longs and mop ups for 1 or 2 innings). Now, all of my set ups are in the red AND NEVER RECOVER so that I lose most of the rest of the games.
After this short of a time, 2 of my teams have fallen into this scenario. I have one team with all pitchers in the red or less than 70, including all but 2 starters, who sim refuses to pitch an entire game. Despite my settings, they'll pitch 5 or 6 innings, then give it to the other eight who are already in the red.
Any suggestions besides concluding that sim has hated the Lazerhawks for at least a year?
8/8/2016 2:25 AM
Posted by fooolishfool on 8/7/2016 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Which league? Remember, there are four 70M ALs
8/8/2016 6:46 AM
Posted by ozomatli on 8/8/2016 6:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fooolishfool on 8/7/2016 9:44:00 PM (view original):
Which league? Remember, there are four 70M ALs
Yours. 1-D I think? But we have since had a matchday and its a bit messier.
8/8/2016 7:53 AM
Hey, any advice out there on how to keep my set-ups from being placed in the game even though they are at rest and in the red? How about my starters from getting pulled way too early even though my advanced settings have them at 1 and NO for pinch hitter or runner?
How about the ridiculous 16 inning loss, using all my set-ups, then having my next starter go less than an inning even though he was set at 120 pitches, 1 for pull, and no pinch hitting or running?
How about most of my starting hitters, who are performing way below their stats, even though some who have the same players are performing well over their stats in similar parks?
OK, I've complained enough and I'm sure not too many feel sorry for me. After all, to paraphrase Lasorta, "If you tell someone your problems, half don't care and the other half are glad to hear you're having difficulties."
8/8/2016 1:28 PM
If we all knew the intricacies of how the sim engine worked, we'd win every time.

Extra inning games early in the year suck... happens to everybody at some point. If the sim engine removes your starting pitcher in the first inning, I assume he was getting pounded. If not, send a ticket to admin to ask why. Also, you should set your starting pitchers to be able to come in to pitch in relief. This should supercede bringing in tired relievers. Not sure which league you are referring to, but if you didn't draft enough innings to start, this would exaggerate the extra-inning problem. I like to grab two (or more) <300K mopup guys where I can start them in an emergency to try and save the bullpen. If you don't have that, you may have to sacrifice one of your regular SP's to eat up some innings to help the rest of the staff.
8/8/2016 1:40 PM
Just checked the analysis page. Drafting 1311 IPs in the 140M theme is WAY too few innings, so I'm sure that might be one of the themes you are referring to. Hell, I drafted more innings than that in the 70M theme.
8/8/2016 1:42 PM
Posted by schwarze on 8/8/2016 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Just checked the analysis page. Drafting 1311 IPs in the 140M theme is WAY too few innings, so I'm sure that might be one of the themes you are referring to. Hell, I drafted more innings than that in the 70M theme.
I am finding out the hard way that apparently 1489 IP is not really enough innings for that league either. Not too many relievers in the green right now. Right on the league avg in IP, so definitely on me to draft some more innings next time.
8/8/2016 1:56 PM
Posted by Lazerhawks on 8/8/2016 1:28:00 PM (view original):
Hey, any advice out there on how to keep my set-ups from being placed in the game even though they are at rest and in the red? How about my starters from getting pulled way too early even though my advanced settings have them at 1 and NO for pinch hitter or runner?
How about the ridiculous 16 inning loss, using all my set-ups, then having my next starter go less than an inning even though he was set at 120 pitches, 1 for pull, and no pinch hitting or running?
How about most of my starting hitters, who are performing way below their stats, even though some who have the same players are performing well over their stats in similar parks?
OK, I've complained enough and I'm sure not too many feel sorry for me. After all, to paraphrase Lasorta, "If you tell someone your problems, half don't care and the other half are glad to hear you're having difficulties."
Bite the bullet. Start a scrub for a game or two, set a high pitch count with a 1 pull setting. Set those tired pitchers to 5 max pitches, 9th inning, 99 rest. Perhaps use 1 other pitcher but stash the others away till they get rested.
8/8/2016 2:53 PM
We are 60-60, with the $70M team at 4-16. 4 teams at 12-8, in 1st or 2nd place...
8/8/2016 2:55 PM
62-58 with no teams having a losing record. Four 10-10's and two 11-9's. Has anybody ever had 6 winning records and not make the playoffs with any of them?
8/8/2016 4:32 PM
Last year, in round 1, besterateam's six teams all finished between 81-85 wins (85, 84, 81, 81, 85, 81), but his two 85-win teams made the playoffs.

In 2014, round 2, brianjw's six teams won 82, 84, 81, 88, 84, 83 games (with just one playoff appearance).

In 2010, round 1, ff09's six teams won 79, 92, 88, 77, 93, 81 games (with ZERO playoff appearances) and he finished 50th as a results. That's a total of 510 wins. That same year, marlowe won 505 regular season games and had 4 playoff teams and finished 24th to advance to round 2.

In 2009, round 2, bardin's six teams won 90, 91, 91, 86, 80, 82 games (with ZERO playoff appearances). I believe that those 520 wins represents the most without a playoff appearance. This has to be the unluckiest anybody has every been, with respect to W-L record and playoff appearances.
8/8/2016 5:04 PM (edited)
Sim will not allow my mop-up to pitch for any length of time. Regardless of my advanced settings, he gets pulled and they dig up my set-ups who are in the red. I did send a report to sim. They were not very direct about pitching, but said that if I won a game 25-0, the hitters would be fatigued (I guess regardless of %) and not do well, which would explain the close, low score loses in the next few games. Usually 1300+ innings is enough if I don't get so unlucky. Unlucky has not been a habit, so I thought that would be fine and I could ruin a few pitchers if need be. I didn't expect sim to ignore my settings and pitch my great set-ups into oblivion. This doesn't happen in my open leagues or most other themes. However, I should have learned the lesson from last year's round II, where the same thing happened and caused a 24th finish. I thought I'd take a chance and get upgraded players at the expense of innings...poor choice, I guess. However, they should not all be in the red this early in the season.
8/8/2016 6:40 PM
The high per game pitch counts (148.9 in my league, compared to 128.5 in my 70M league, due to lots of BBs and Ks) mean more IP are needed than a normal league, and even more than a normal 140M league. I went with 1,494 non-mopup IP and will be skirting on the edges of fatigue all season. Any less than that is probably trouble.
8/8/2016 6:45 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.