My GD Wishlist Topic

Posted by tampafla on 8/7/2016 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/7/2016 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by awags on 8/6/2016 9:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by timberdrive on 8/6/2016 9:44:00 PM (view original):
I also like all of your ideas vh. But I would like to add one wish of my own and that would be that D3 is rolled back to its old state and plays the same way as all of the other levels of GD. I don't care for D3 myself but I think it would draw back players to the game who did enjoy that level the most.
I don't mind that it has been made a simpler level. However I have no interest in playing the game that way and think the 1st season at D3 should be free or allow veteran coaches to skip it when entering a new world.
Agreed. It's frustrating to have to play at that level as a veteran coach entering a new world.

Frankly, I think a veteran coach should be able to enter new worlds at the level of highest attainment they have in other worlds.
A veteran coach should be allowed to skip D-III that's it. How is it fair for a coach to take over a non-elite team, build that team into championship form only to have a coach from another world racking up titles at Texas take the FSU job? Rules would have to be in place to prevent things like this form happening.
I think genuvar is on the right track. That's probably the right way to do it.

Another way would be that a coach entering the world "new" would never beat out a coach who had been competing in that world. Only if no one else (or if only "new" coaches) applied to a given job, would a "new" coach be able to be hired. Basically, you wouldn't bring your prestige with you from another world.
8/7/2016 5:46 PM
I like the personalized practice plan. I would enjoy being able to emphasize an individual weakness and not have it affect the other players at that position. It would also open up options in recruiting.
8/8/2016 1:56 PM
I also like all of your ideas vh. But I would like to add one wish of my own and that would be that D3 is rolled back to its old state and plays the same way as all of the other levels of GD. I don't care for D3 myself but I think it would draw back players to the game who did enjoy that level the most.
I don't mind that it has been made a simpler level. However I have no interest in playing the game that way and think the 1st season at D3 should be free or allow veteran coaches to skip it when entering a new world.
At the very least allow each veteran coach to have one free D3 team at all times. They do this in HBD where if a guy abandons his team then another owner can take it over for free. I for one would be game to carry a "free" D3 team and I think many others would too. Some guys might be inclined to stay with the team or the world at which point they would be paying for the team/world again. This would do wonders to help fill empty worlds.
8/11/2016 2:09 PM
Posted by babcick on 8/8/2016 1:56:00 PM (view original):
I like the personalized practice plan. I would enjoy being able to emphasize an individual weakness and not have it affect the other players at that position. It would also open up options in recruiting.
I agree 100%. My db with 90 spd and 40 hnd would focus on hnd while the db with 78 spd is running all practice.
8/11/2016 5:05 PM
Posted by timberdrive on 8/11/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
At the very least allow each veteran coach to have one free D3 team at all times. They do this in HBD where if a guy abandons his team then another owner can take it over for free. I for one would be game to carry a "free" D3 team and I think many others would too. Some guys might be inclined to stay with the team or the world at which point they would be paying for the team/world again. This would do wonders to help fill empty worlds.
Brilliant idea!
8/11/2016 5:05 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/6/2016 6:00:00 PM (view original):
It's been a little while since I wrote something, so here's a new article on things I'd like to see added to the game.

My GD Wishlist
+ 1. Most definitely like to see these come about.

I too have been around since GD 1 and have seen all of these mentioned year in and year out..

Example would be the individual practice for each player. Every time we are asked what changes we would like to see, every Developer Chat we are told, next update, next update, next update.

Part of the problem is that WIS can't keep any one on the job long enough to do it or WIS just doesn't want to do it. 10 years in the making and never gets done. The same with every thing on the wish list.
8/11/2016 7:28 PM
Love the all the ideas. I have been saying the individual practice would be great it would let you make some dbs a true safety and other true corners.
8/11/2016 9:29 PM
So, with Hoops Dynasty getting a new version rolled out in the near future, anyone think there's a chance GD could be getting an update in the next year or so?
8/11/2016 9:37 PM
Thoughts on your wishlist (almost all of which I like):

Pipeline. I'm going to propose an addendum/fix for the scenario of everyone setting their pipeline to the same high distribution spots. Divide the map into regions containing roughly the same amount of recruits (based on whatever GD's current recruit distribution), and then coaches could select a region. Each region would contain roughly the same amount of recruits, so (for example) you could select Dallas/Ft.Worth... or a much larger geographic West Texas region that would generate the same amount of recruits. This would probably take more work to create than WiS will pay for, though (sadface).

Pipeline 2. I think on one of his radio shows CJ also talked about the proposal of getting better recruiting results in areas where you're playing non-conference games. I liked that idea.

Dynamic Elite System. I like what you propose a lot. A hitch I see is that with the current recruit distribution, you'd probably mostly see the same bunch of schools across all worlds bump into the elite category. Boston College, for example, has a location recruiting advantage that kinda almost pretty-much already results in elite equivalency (a quick glance of the 4 worlds I'm in bears this out, being top 10 or better in total wins & multiple NCs). We'd likely also see many of the same current elites get bumped out (looking at you Tennessee). There'd be some variation across worlds, for sure, but for the most part I think we'd see some movement at the beginning with the current easier-to-recruit-at BCS schools bumping out the current hard-to-recruit-at elites, and then there wouldn't be much elite movement (And lo, BC would gobble up the earth, like Níðhöggr consuming the corpses of the dead at Ragnarok). ...I like what you propose better than the current setup, but would hope for some change in recruit distribution at DIA as well.
8/11/2016 11:29 PM
Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to wish for a few additional twists to recruiting (if I'm allowed to wish)

1. Time-based recruiting (for some or all efforts). Now, in this example the numbers are fungible. But let's say, as the Head Coach, you can only make 9 home visits in a 24 hour period (for the sake of discussion, those numbers can be whatever seems reasonable, and can be based on number of scholarships). You can pile up visits on one recruit, or spread them out. The individual visits would then be *very* influential to the recruits. You won't likely know how many times your rival is visiting, so you have to choose wisely who you visit and how many times. And maybe if you're in the shadow of an elite, you decide whether to lavish attention on the #2 recruit in the area, betting the elite is staking out the #1 kid.

2. Distance recruiting. What if coaches could pick *one* recruit to recruit long-distance much easier (no distance disadvantage, or much diminished)? Maybe it could be an option only for L5 bowl winners? Or only the NC? Or any elite? Even if it's only elites, I think that would open up opportunities for non-elites, as it would be more likely elites would battle. I think UCLA would be happy to see USC go to Texas to try and grab the #1 QB recruit, leaving the #5 QB recruit alone.

And I'm off.

Edited to add in: Thanks for the discussion!
8/11/2016 11:32 PM
Posted by timberdrive on 8/11/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I think you should be running marketing for WIS. I love the idea and can't shoot holes in it either. Everybody wins.

That said, I would never go back to D3. It's a harsh reality, but for me, it's the most significant impediment to joining a world I haven't been in before. If all of WIS played like D3 does, but after tasting the ability to control more of the game, I just can't go back.
8/12/2016 4:41 AM
I'd like the recruiting time cut by two days. It seems to drag on forever and almost everyone has burnt up their warchests by day three anyway. Then we get back to playing quicker....or get two more ex games?
8/16/2016 10:07 AM (edited)
So... what are the best breweries in San Diego? I've been to a few of them but haven't been impressed. I've liked the ones in Portland more. But I'm much more likely to spend time in San Diego (since it's a ~5 hour drive from Phoenix), so I'm interested to hear which ones are best :)
8/16/2016 12:21 PM
Posted by allen129 on 8/16/2016 10:07:00 AM (view original):
I'd like the recruiting time cut by two days. It seems to drag on forever and almost everyone has burnt up their warchests by day three anyway. Then we get back to playing quicker....or get two more ex games?
The problem with doing that but not adding two days somewhere else is that your starting day-of-the-week, which matters to a great many coaches (myself included), would then shift every season. That's a complete non-starter for me and others, I imagine.
8/16/2016 5:48 PM
Posted by naskin on 8/16/2016 12:21:00 PM (view original):
So... what are the best breweries in San Diego? I've been to a few of them but haven't been impressed. I've liked the ones in Portland more. But I'm much more likely to spend time in San Diego (since it's a ~5 hour drive from Phoenix), so I'm interested to hear which ones are best :)
Saint Archer was my absolute favorite. Their White Ale is the best beer in San Diego, if you ask me. I also enjoy their Pale Ale and a few of their seasonals.

Mission Brewing had a wide variety of enjoyable beers, not all IPAs and IPA-derivatives (seems like that's all everyone, especially in San Diego, but the West in general, wants to brew).

Mother Earth, Rip Current, Coronado, Culture, Ballast Point and Mike Hess are some others we really enjoyed.

A lot of people like Stone, though they are way too IPA-heavy for my palate. Also: AleSmith and Green Flash.
8/16/2016 5:57 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
My GD Wishlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.