Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Posted by chapelhillne on 8/10/2016 7:21:00 PM (view original):
I am very excited about the release. I actually added a team in Naismith today. I think the thing that appeals to me is that the old system had lost it's challenge to me. For example, last night, started recruiting for my LSU team in Tark. Had 4 openings. By 11 PM I had all 4 openings filled with 4-5 star players. No one wants to challenge me because I am an A+ and have a lot of cash and conference cash.

In the new game, you will not go unchallenged for a top player. There is a 20 HV limit on a player, with unlimited attention points. Promised starts and minutes are very important. Players have preferences which can help your team beat a higher prestige team, if combined with promises and lost of attention.

I am convinced that the great coaches and recruiters will still be just that. But, I think that it's going to make for some pretty interesting recruiting battles. Also, there's no bonus cash for conference post season success, so it's not in your best interest any more to try to not battle conference mates.
chapel - I don't think you need to add any more teams, clearly you have too many, since I know you're at Georgia Tech in Tark.
8/10/2016 8:21 PM
Posted by acn24 on 8/10/2016 8:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/10/2016 7:21:00 PM (view original):
I am very excited about the release. I actually added a team in Naismith today. I think the thing that appeals to me is that the old system had lost it's challenge to me. For example, last night, started recruiting for my LSU team in Tark. Had 4 openings. By 11 PM I had all 4 openings filled with 4-5 star players. No one wants to challenge me because I am an A+ and have a lot of cash and conference cash.

In the new game, you will not go unchallenged for a top player. There is a 20 HV limit on a player, with unlimited attention points. Promised starts and minutes are very important. Players have preferences which can help your team beat a higher prestige team, if combined with promises and lost of attention.

I am convinced that the great coaches and recruiters will still be just that. But, I think that it's going to make for some pretty interesting recruiting battles. Also, there's no bonus cash for conference post season success, so it's not in your best interest any more to try to not battle conference mates.
chapel - I don't think you need to add any more teams, clearly you have too many, since I know you're at Georgia Tech in Tark.
LOL - Yeah - meant to say Phelan. I may be going a bit overboard after all :)
8/10/2016 8:23 PM
"to me, figuring out who you want, evaluating players, constructing a team, that is different from recruiting mechanics, and is the best part - and will remain fun even as recruiting mechanics are swapped out. i enjoyed d2/d3 thoroughly with what i now consider boring-as-hell recruiting mechanics. i enjoyed d1 pretty much recently with what i consider clearly broken recruiting mechanics. so, will the new mechanics be perfect? hell no. but does that mean the game won't still be fun? i don't buy that, either."

My sentiment as well. I put up with the tedious scouting and ridiculously unrealistic eBay bidding masquerading as recruiting in the current/old format, but I've never enjoyed that part of the game. Now (in beta) I do. I understand some people, especially long time and successful coaches liked it, though I can't say I really understand why. New HD won't be perfect, but it already feels a lot more like a simulation of college basketball - rather than, say, a poker game with card-counters, or an algorithm solving contest. Seble has actually made a lot of good tweaks and improvements over the course of the beta, so if you played the first two seasons then quit, you don't really understand the product very well.
8/10/2016 8:24 PM
Looking forward to the changes. Anything is better than the dullness of the status quo. When I saw the announcement I liked the feeling of a new challenge. We will see how it goes.
8/10/2016 8:34 PM
I am going to drop one of my two remaining teams, and if it requires too much time to learn the new system, I will drop out.
This overhaul of recruiting is not what needed to be fixed.
I am against the concept of reinventing a game and expecting people to adapt.
People like playing classic games over and over finessing the little details, chess, card games, etc.
8/10/2016 10:08 PM
I've been in Naismith since Season 1 to date. I've lived through all sorts of changes to the game (good and bad) relating to every aspect of the game.

I will stick around to see how it shakes out but I'm thinking I don't have the time or inclination to learn a whole new game which is what these wholesale recruiting changes are in reality.

If competitive balance was sought then tweak the current engine to accomplish the goal. There was numerous fixes that could have been made with the current version without reinventing the wheel. If HD loses its long-time customer base with this change its toast. I guess we shall see.
8/10/2016 10:54 PM
Posted by ettaxpress on 8/10/2016 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Hey billy at least in the newHD you won't be able to cheat as much with multiple ID's
sigh... the0nly, your lack of insight into the workings of the beta has become legendary... not your posts, not your rants, but the sheer level of misunderstanding present in said rants. when combined with how loudly you are shouting from the mountaintop, its truly amazing (don't read a positive connotation, its not there). in the new HD, it will be a better time than any to cheat with multiple IDs.
8/10/2016 10:54 PM
8/10/2016 11:04 PM
Posted by ettaxpress on 8/10/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):
lol
8/10/2016 11:06 PM
New HD is not fun for me at all and I find most of the ways it is designed to destroy high D1 sort of annoying at best. Will be dropping my last team ASAP.
8/10/2016 11:08 PM
oh look some background noise, guess I can turn my white noise machine off seems there is enough here
8/10/2016 11:14 PM
Uneble is too arrogant to realize that he's about to set the world on fire...you live in Cali, Scotty too Hotty?
8/10/2016 11:30 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 8/10/2016 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for killing my favorite game, uneble
+9000
8/11/2016 3:03 AM
Enjoyed playing in beta. Already added another team, looking forward to moving D1, where there appears to be a much more level playing field when it comes to recruiting, where coaches who use good strategy can overcome prestige. As it should be.
8/11/2016 8:30 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/10/2016 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaxpress on 8/10/2016 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Hey billy at least in the newHD you won't be able to cheat as much with multiple ID's
sigh... the0nly, your lack of insight into the workings of the beta has become legendary... not your posts, not your rants, but the sheer level of misunderstanding present in said rants. when combined with how loudly you are shouting from the mountaintop, its truly amazing (don't read a positive connotation, its not there). in the new HD, it will be a better time than any to cheat with multiple IDs.
why don't you go ahead and explain how they just made cheating easier either thats bullcrap you are spewing or I'm not as good at cheating as you and need to learn to identify how you cheat in this new version
8/11/2016 9:05 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Poll: Mood going into 3.0 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.