Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Posted by spoon2 on 11/6/2016 10:19:00 AM (view original):
How come the new recruiting doesn't have the old recruiting option of searching Scouted states? You FSS your home state and nearby states, but when you do a recruit search with advanced options like Speed and Ballhandling, you then don't have the option of searching Scouted states.
You can only see people who you scouted .. so you can't see any unscouted states.

If you want to search a specific group of recruits (like all the guys you scouted with FSS) .. go to scouting history and pick View All for that event. They you can search just those specific recruits.

But personally, I don't care where I scouted them from .. just what Scouting Level they are and then filter.
11/6/2016 10:59 AM (edited)
guys i am new to the 3.0 when and how do you use the attention points...sorry if it has been brought up but i havent seen it and dont see a tab to use them.
11/22/2016 9:14 PM
Looks like your season just started. click on world schedule to see when your recruiting starts. The options to use APs will show up at that time.
11/22/2016 9:29 PM
Benis... it did just start. you can only use ap's when recruiting starts. we are only scouting right now
11/22/2016 9:33 PM
Right. you can only scout right now. no recruiting until about 20 games in.
11/22/2016 9:35 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/22/2016 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Right. you can only scout right now. no recruiting until about 20 games in.
thank you
11/22/2016 9:41 PM
Sorry if this question was already asked, but here it is: I do not have any available scholarships, but would like to rescind a scholarship from one of my SIM-signed players during the window just prior to the 2nd recruiting period. Is it possible to sign a recruit during the 1st recruiting period and then cut a player during the 2nd recruiting period to make a space available for him? I just offered the recruit a scholarship during the 1st recruiting period and it was processed without any problems; waiting to see what the recruit decides. His signing tendency is "whenever" and there is also another team he is interested in. If he chooses to sign with me during the 1st recruiting period, but can't, will he then automatically sign with the other team at that time, or will he wait, potentially giving me the opportunity to sign him during the 2nd recruiting period, when I would have a spot available?
12/6/2016 11:43 AM
If you don't have a spot then he won't sign with you. Not until you cut the other guy.

The trick to keeping him from signing with the other team is to keep him at moderate. a recruit won't sign with a team unless hes high or very high. So keep pumping effort in to keep the other team at moderate or lower until the 2nd session.
12/6/2016 12:18 PM
If they brought back the "recruiting is about to start" email from the AD/assisstant that we used to get,
that would be great. It is hard to live in real life and have more than 1 HD team with the new format.

I have gone down to 2 teams, and still have missed a few periods...seems like an easy fix

12/6/2016 5:36 PM
Benis - thanks for the Info. I spent a ton of money on 20 home visits and now my main competition is now only receiving "low" interest from the recruit (before it was "very high", and the other team is a SIM), so hopefully I can make it to the 2nd recruiting period by continuing to give the recruit all 20 of my attention points and then sign him once I have a open spot on the roster.
12/7/2016 12:19 PM

Okay, I've got a question about something I have not dealt with before. I took over a fairly new team. I have 5 Sr.s and the system right now is telling me I only have 4 schollies to give. So it looks like one of the Sr's was a SIM signee Non-qualifier as a Freshman. So I guess he's coming back as a 5th year senior. I want to go ahead and cut him at the beginning of next season before the second signing period.

-------------
RESCINDING AN EXISTING PLAYER'S SCHOLARSHIP:
As in the current game, if you rescind a player's scholarship, and you recruited the player, you get no additional resources. However, if it is a player that was recruited by a SIM or another player, you get the full recruiting resources for that player. Another change from the current game is that in the current game, once signings start you can not rescind scholarships. In HD 3.0, you can rescind a scholarship all the way up to the end of the second cycle of recruiting.
------------------------------------

So after I cut him, I should have an extra schollie to give out (total of 5) at the beginning of the second signing period, correct? And more recruiting money?

12/7/2016 1:04 PM
You're welcome Dorf, good luck.

Correct skinndog, you'll get the scouting and recruiting money (along with 20 AP) as soon as you cut him in 2nd session since it wasn't you who recruited him. This is your U of Sciences team? Yeah looks like Gross is the Sr/5. Cut his ***!
12/7/2016 5:41 PM

Perfect, Thanks Benis.

I will say this about 3.0 and recruiting. I feel like there is so many more options compare to 2.0. In 2.0 I felt like I had my top guys, and a couple of backup options. Now, I feel like I have a few top guys, and plenty of backup options.

You can choose over multiple guys, and all of them have strengths and weaknesses but you have more choice on which way you want to go. And because of AP's, it's a lot easier to pivot to a different plan.

I like it.

12/8/2016 11:29 AM
Does increasing attention points do anything after all recruiting options are unlocked?
12/15/2016 9:57 AM
Posted by iccoachb on 12/15/2016 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Does increasing attention points do anything after all recruiting options are unlocked?
Yes, attention points have recruiting value in themselves. I've heard about 200 APs is a HV (unconfirmed).
12/15/2016 10:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.