Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

AUTO SIGNING:
Human coached teams will now auto-sign players after recruiting ends to get to 3 openings or less. So, if a team has 5 openings, they would auto-sign 2 players. The auto-sign logic at the end of recruiting will only sign guys to teams at their projected level. That means teams won't get lucky with a leftover from a higher division, and also won't get stuck with a guy from a lower division.

^^^^^ Not always true ^^^^^
Year Pos. Status* GPA Ht. Wt. Hometown Signed By
Roy Deal Sr. PG S 3.1 5'10" 167 Las Vegas, NV Sim AI
Diego Marquez Sr. PG S 3.3 5'11" 161 Trujillo Alto, PR Sim AI
Andrew Boger Jr. PG S 3.8 5'11" 170 East Moline, IL captcluch
Anthony Kilpatrick Fr. PG S - 6'1" 175 Stanton, KY captcluch
Sherman McGlaun Jr. PF S 3.7 6'9" 232 Brooklyn, NY captcluch
Daniel Perkins Jr. PF S 3.7 6'8" 208 Shinnston, WV captcluch
Thomas Marro Jr. C S 3.3 6'8" 234 Huntingdon, TN captcluch
William Gallagher Fr. SG W - 6'2" 187 South Bend, IN Sim AI
William Ryan Fr. SG W - 6'1" 174 Zionsville, IN Sim AI
Joseph Powell Fr. SF W - 6'2" 199 Brookville, IN Sim AI
James Smith Fr. SF W - 6'2" 205 Poseyville, IN Sim AI
Stephen Terry Fr. C W - 6'7" 231 Evansville, IN Sim AI
10/15/2016 3:24 AM
Perhaps i missed this before in the thread, but there should be an automated email that recruiting is getting ready to start just like in the old game. Please make that happen.
10/22/2016 10:12 AM
I totally agree with that.
10/24/2016 10:41 PM
Posted by knappj on 10/22/2016 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Perhaps i missed this before in the thread, but there should be an automated email that recruiting is getting ready to start just like in the old game. Please make that happen.
How do we make this happen to get an automated email go out about recruiting starting? It needs to happen especially if I'm going to juggle this many teams without trying to invest too much time. Hate being late to recruiting because I forget what day it starts and fall behind with not assigning attention points.
10/25/2016 7:55 PM
can someone help me understand this?

The credit stays on that player, even if attention points are then shifted to another player in the following cycle.

Can i remove attention points from one player and give them to another player?

if i have 140 points to give , and i have only identified 2 players i like early on, should i use up the 140 on those two dudes and then shift them around later when i find more guys i like? thats how i interpretted the above, but now im wondering if i screwed up because i dont really see an option to remove attention points
10/27/2016 11:12 AM
so look below.

I thought was i was doing was increasing attn points from 10 (first cycle) to 30 (next cycle) to 50 (most recent cycle)

but then what is attention points (AVG) 90 (30) ??!?

that makes it seem like the 10 and 30 and 50 were all added together and ive got 90 points on this kid? help, im really lost on this 3.0 recruiting

Attention Points (AVG):90 (30)
Budget Spent:$0
Home Visits:0
Campus Visits:0
Type Cost Status
Attention Points (50) $0 Processed
Scholarship Offer $0 Processed
Attention Points (30) $0 Processed
Attention Points (10) $0 Processed

10/27/2016 11:23 AM
Old Dave-

Your summary is listing how many APs you sent THAT cycle. So you first sent him 10 APs then 30 APs and then 50 APs (with a scholly offer in there). This totals 90 APs sent to this player which is listed at the top. The avg doesn't really matter, that just says you've avg 30 APs for the 3 cycles. Not really that important. The total is what you really care about.

So, you have 140 APs. You can allocate that however you want. Let's say you split them for 70 each on 2 players. Then the next cycle you decide to use all 140 on one of those players so you move the 70 APs from player A to player B.

So after 2 cycles it'd total

Player A - 70 APs
Player B- 210 APs

What the 'credit stays on the player' quote means is that in the above scenario- let's say you put 70 on each player for the 1st cycle. Let's say you're asleep during the 2nd cycle and didn't do a single thing. After two cycles, both players would then have 140 APs since you didn't change anything from the 1st cycle. That's all it means, once you set the APs they'll continue to process as such during the cycle time unless you reallocate them (or the player signs).
10/27/2016 11:31 AM
ohhhh ok
is it just me, or is that kinda confusing at first?

so it seems like it might be kind of important to start early and move things around quite often to get the most use out of the points....but i guess it depends
10/27/2016 4:45 PM
Posted by oldave on 10/27/2016 4:45:00 PM (view original):
ohhhh ok
is it just me, or is that kinda confusing at first?

so it seems like it might be kind of important to start early and move things around quite often to get the most use out of the points....but i guess it depends
I usually tend to put points on more players than I need, in the first cycle, and then see what the lay of the land is.

In the second cycle, I try to focus on one or two players and unlock the scholarship, and offer it, and shift the attention points to the other players I want to unlock.

Once I have unlocked the players I know I want, then I will try to decide which players I am most likely to be challenged for, and park the AP on that player so they build up to a significant amount.
10/27/2016 10:07 PM
I'm just so ****** right now....once again; I'm late to recruiting in Tark world because recruiting started on Wednesday, I didn't notice til Friday. With 5 teams and trying to daily track my teams games, I sometimes fail to go into the recruiting page and thus miss the start of recruiting. Does anyone read these forums? Why is it so hard to send the automated email saying recruiting is getting ready to start. Just ridiculous that this was removed....
10/28/2016 8:52 PM
Posted by knappj on 10/28/2016 8:52:00 PM (view original):
I'm just so ****** right now....once again; I'm late to recruiting in Tark world because recruiting started on Wednesday, I didn't notice til Friday. With 5 teams and trying to daily track my teams games, I sometimes fail to go into the recruiting page and thus miss the start of recruiting. Does anyone read these forums? Why is it so hard to send the automated email saying recruiting is getting ready to start. Just ridiculous that this was removed....
Ahem. This is the Guide to the New HD 3.0 release thread.
10/29/2016 1:10 AM
Posted by knappj on 10/22/2016 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Thanks Rookie.
10/29/2016 12:13 PM
Three critical fixes needed for the game:

1. Fix EEs
2. Bring back messages conducive to us having lives: these are maxed out and recruiting starting and maybe a few others
3. Dump Spudhole. Investors blocked him but his trolling is still F'ing up the boards as others feel compelled to feed the troll. And I understand why -- his unaddressed whining is a large part of why 3.0 turned out as this form of an abortion. I'm sick of him, and the fighting, and the only solution involves some form of a muzzle. Maybe a #Spudzzle

with these fixes you get more of my money when currently purchased seasons are used. If not, it's been swell.
10/30/2016 7:22 PM
Recruiting/EE stuff needs a lot of work, quickly.

I'm going to 1 world until it gets fixed up. I've put the suggestions in my hotfix suggestion thread and I think others have said some good things in there too.
11/4/2016 2:35 AM
How come the new recruiting doesn't have the old recruiting option of searching Scouted states? You FSS your home state and nearby states, but when you do a recruit search with advanced options like Speed and Ballhandling, you then don't have the option of searching Scouted states.
11/6/2016 10:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.