Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Posted by cubcub113 on 12/15/2016 10:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by iccoachb on 12/15/2016 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Does increasing attention points do anything after all recruiting options are unlocked?
Yes, attention points have recruiting value in themselves. I've heard about 200 APs is a HV (unconfirmed).
I still think the amount of APs that = the same effort as an HV is really unknown. I've heard a lot of varying answers. The most common answer I've heard is 60AP = 1 HV, but again, no one seems to really know for sure. This is the first time I've seen something as high as 200 AP.
12/15/2016 2:50 PM
This has probably been discussed but I wanted clarification.

-----------------------
RESCINDING AN EXISTING PLAYER'S SCHOLARSHIP:
As in the current game, if you rescind a player's scholarship, and you recruited the player, you get no additional resources. However, if it is a player that was recruited by a SIM or another player, you get the full recruiting resources for that player. Another change from the current game is that in the current game, once signings start you can not rescind scholarships. In HD 3.0, you can rescind a scholarship all the way up to the end of the second cycle of recruiting.
----------------------------------------

1. Didn't you used to get a hit in loyalty, and your prestige was effected when you released a player that you signed in 2.0? It doesn't look that there is such a thing as loyalty anymore.

2. If the SIM signed players right before you take over the team, (even though it says you signed them), do you still lose those resources for the second recruiting period even if you cut a player the SIM signed?

12/29/2016 2:55 PM
Posted by skinndogg on 12/29/2016 2:56:00 PM (view original):
This has probably been discussed but I wanted clarification.

-----------------------
RESCINDING AN EXISTING PLAYER'S SCHOLARSHIP:
As in the current game, if you rescind a player's scholarship, and you recruited the player, you get no additional resources. However, if it is a player that was recruited by a SIM or another player, you get the full recruiting resources for that player. Another change from the current game is that in the current game, once signings start you can not rescind scholarships. In HD 3.0, you can rescind a scholarship all the way up to the end of the second cycle of recruiting.
----------------------------------------

1. Didn't you used to get a hit in loyalty, and your prestige was effected when you released a player that you signed in 2.0? It doesn't look that there is such a thing as loyalty anymore.

2. If the SIM signed players right before you take over the team, (even though it says you signed them), do you still lose those resources for the second recruiting period even if you cut a player the SIM signed?

2. from what I've experienced, you cannot rescind the scholarship to a player the sim signed in period 1 during period 2 of that same season. The player will be listed as signed by you during the following year. HOWEVER, if you can rescind the scholarship in period 2 of the FOLLOWING season, and even though they appear to be recruited by you on the player page, you will still get the recruiting $$$ immediately
12/29/2016 4:24 PM
Thanks Ben.

Okay, this is the way I like thinking about it to make it clearer.
------------------------------

TIMETABLE:
SUMMARY:

SEASON #1
Games 1-26: Scouting for Season 2 players
Games 20-26 Recruiting for Season 2 players
Games 24-26 Signings for Season 2 players
Post Season
SEASON #2 (OFFICIAL)
Renewal Period
Jobs Change period
Rescinding of scholarships starts
Second session of recruiting (2 days)
--------------------------------------------

Unofficial Start of Season #2
This is where I like to think of Season Two starting. You have everyone on your roster who's going to be on your roster for that season and you are 0-0.

--------------------------------
New Coach Signups (1.5 days)
Exhibition games and Scouting start again.
12/29/2016 4:50 PM
Hello,
I have not been as competitive at recruiting this season at Yale as before and it occured to me to check my recruiting budget, as it seemed that I am getting outbid for each recruit. Although I have 4 graduating Seniors, I only started with a recruiting budget of $17,000. In Division I, I should have $23,000 (4 x $5,000 + $3,000), shouldn't I? The math just doesn't add up...should I submit a ticket?
1/23/2017 6:06 AM (edited)
Dorf, your recruiting budget is $5000 base plus $3000 per opening. $5000 +($3000x4) = $17,000
1/24/2017 2:02 AM
I like the schedule of new recruiting, but it is a hands-tied system, no options and no perks if you succeed.
1/30/2017 10:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That statement is mostly incorrect.

The game has reduced the benefits to veteran coaches and tries to create an equal playing field.

With that being said, it's hard you first season because you can't recruit your own players.

2/5/2017 7:42 PM
Is the recruiting money you get for both recruiting cycles?
2/15/2017 2:06 PM
Yes, Jiss.

The recruiting money will carry over from period 1 to period 2, but will not carry over from season to season.
2/16/2017 10:20 AM
Hey cwisniewski, are yall still looking at fixing phase 2 of recruiting? It's pretty flawed. Thanks, bbunch

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=499953
2/18/2017 11:38 AM
bbunch,

We see that there are a handful of users that agree with you in that phase 2 is not where they want it. We have been in discussion with some ideas on a few changes for recruiting in HD, there is never a simple fix though you must understand. A fix here might please you and other users but then again upset a handful of different users. We understand that we will never be able to please every one, but we want to make sure that we are really taking our time and working out all the details on any changes coming to HD. We want our releases to be the very best that they can be.

Even though we may not be as interactive in the forums as we should be (working on that though), we are still reading the forums daily and marking down some of the better or more agreed on suggestions.
2/21/2017 11:06 AM
Are ap's working like you want them to? If so could explain what that is? Right now there is a fear among many of them they are too powerful and that to few equal the equivalent of a home visit.

also, would you be willing to state which action carry the most weight? Are minutes and starts worth more than a campus visit (in a vacuum)?
2/21/2017 7:54 PM
Posted by cwisniewski on 2/21/2017 11:06:00 AM (view original):
bbunch,

We see that there are a handful of users that agree with you in that phase 2 is not where they want it. We have been in discussion with some ideas on a few changes for recruiting in HD, there is never a simple fix though you must understand. A fix here might please you and other users but then again upset a handful of different users. We understand that we will never be able to please every one, but we want to make sure that we are really taking our time and working out all the details on any changes coming to HD. We want our releases to be the very best that they can be.

Even though we may not be as interactive in the forums as we should be (working on that though), we are still reading the forums daily and marking down some of the better or more agreed on suggestions.
Could you give us an update on the things you guys are working on? Are jobs still being looked at? EEs?
2/21/2017 9:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.