Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Posted by cwisniewski on 2/21/2017 11:06:00 AM (view original):
bbunch,

We see that there are a handful of users that agree with you in that phase 2 is not where they want it. We have been in discussion with some ideas on a few changes for recruiting in HD, there is never a simple fix though you must understand. A fix here might please you and other users but then again upset a handful of different users. We understand that we will never be able to please every one, but we want to make sure that we are really taking our time and working out all the details on any changes coming to HD. We want our releases to be the very best that they can be.

Even though we may not be as interactive in the forums as we should be (working on that though), we are still reading the forums daily and marking down some of the better or more agreed on suggestions.
cwisniewski,

Thanks for the post. It is always reassuring to hear that the forums are being monitored for issues and suggestions. I also appreciate your restraint in not rushing to implement the so-called "simple fix" without considering all of the ramifications. At present, I do not wholeheartedly agree that a correction is necessary in Phase 2 recruiting. What I would suggest is that the EE issue be addressed first because that action -- presumably having them declare earlier -- may have a significant effect on the need for (and/or magnitude of) any Phase 2 changes.
2/21/2017 11:03 PM
bbunch,

We see that there are a handful of users that agree with you in that phase 2 is not where they want it. We have been in discussion with some ideas on a few changes for recruiting in HD, there is never a simple fix though you must understand. A fix here might please you and other users but then again upset a handful of different users. We understand that we will never be able to please every one, but we want to make sure that we are really taking our time and working out all the details on any changes coming to HD. We want our releases to be the very best that they can be.

Even though we may not be as interactive in the forums as we should be (working on that though), we are still reading the forums daily and marking down some of the better or more agreed on suggestions.
I appreciate the acknowledgement that you are still reading the thread and working on ideas to improve recruiting. Thanks for getting back on that.
2/22/2017 10:26 PM
Posted by bfflcommish on 2/21/2017 11:03:00 PM (view original):
bbunch,

cwisniewski,

Thanks for the post. It is always reassuring to hear that the forums are being monitored for issues and suggestions. I also appreciate your restraint in not rushing to implement the so-called "simple fix" without considering all of the ramifications. At present, I do not wholeheartedly agree that a correction is necessary in Phase 2 recruiting. What I would suggest is that the EE issue be addressed first because that action -- presumably having them declare earlier -- may have a significant effect on the need for (and/or magnitude of) any Phase 2 changes.
I agree with this statement. The best fix might be to try this first - having players declare earlier. I am not even sure if resources (scouting and recruiting dollars) would need to be allocated early. Just having the knowledge of what is going to happen would be a big improvement.
2/23/2017 8:31 AM
Just bumping this up (and acknowledging that attention is something). I agree with this -- fix EEs by making them announce before Period 1 (and allocating resources) and that would go a long way to solving the problem with Period 2. It still doesn't fix the issues with coaches changing jobs, but that one doesn't seem to have a simple solution.
5/15/2017 3:39 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm laughing at these ideas as this will never be a problem for my team. Now, weaker teams get better players than me and I finally just got my 1st 5 star rated guy (the only improvement from 3.0). I play in a power conference and now even the sorry sims beat me. I can't recruit anybody good hardly and I'm a B- in prestige and in Division 1 in a power conference. When will there be a fix for that? I used to be able to get top 25 players in their positions, which in theory should have allowed me to be a tournament team every year, but never did. Now, Division 2 teams get higher priority in players and that's laughable in real life. There are Division 3 players in my world I'd be honored to have been able to recruited for my team. They'd easily be starting for my team. That's what the fix did was allow Division 2 and 3 teams to be better than teams from power conferences. That is what you need to fix; this "problem" actually allows my team to be a little more competitive with the teams from the top or they'd beat me by 30-40 pts instead of 15-20.
5/23/2017 1:45 AM
Posted by Animal7 on 5/23/2017 1:45:00 AM (view original):
I'm laughing at these ideas as this will never be a problem for my team. Now, weaker teams get better players than me and I finally just got my 1st 5 star rated guy (the only improvement from 3.0). I play in a power conference and now even the sorry sims beat me. I can't recruit anybody good hardly and I'm a B- in prestige and in Division 1 in a power conference. When will there be a fix for that? I used to be able to get top 25 players in their positions, which in theory should have allowed me to be a tournament team every year, but never did. Now, Division 2 teams get higher priority in players and that's laughable in real life. There are Division 3 players in my world I'd be honored to have been able to recruited for my team. They'd easily be starting for my team. That's what the fix did was allow Division 2 and 3 teams to be better than teams from power conferences. That is what you need to fix; this "problem" actually allows my team to be a little more competitive with the teams from the top or they'd beat me by 30-40 pts instead of 15-20.
You have been at Arizona State for 20 seasons and haven't made the NT a single time. I'm not sure 3.0 is your problem...
5/25/2017 2:26 PM
Didn't look, needs to be reposted, the recruiting budget and recruiting timeline (6 hr intervals) NEEDS TO CHANGE! NO TIME NOR MONEY TO MAKE AN IMPACT YEAR TO YEAR, AND TEAM PRESTIGE MATTERS.

Ok, I'm done
8/29/2017 11:00 PM
so can you still sign guys at end now? Getting this attention points to even allow a schollie offer makes it tough on someone trying to finish up at end
8/30/2017 11:12 AM
I think it depends on attention points, and their movement of you each cycle up to a scholarship offer. I do know however that if you get to offer a scholarship at the end of recruiting, it will process through even though recruiting is over.

SO ANOTHER REASON TO BUMP CYCLES DOWN TO 4 OR 5 HOURS, ATTENTION POINT PROCESSING IS WAYYY TO SLOW
8/30/2017 2:40 PM
hey I'm new to the game I feel like I was reading that I can release a player how do I go about doing that
9/11/2017 1:12 PM
Posted by Irunonrum on 9/11/2017 1:12:00 PM (view original):
hey I'm new to the game I feel like I was reading that I can release a player how do I go about doing that
you have to wait until recruiting period 2 after the season to cut players...during that time go to Manage Roster under Coaching to do it
9/11/2017 3:27 PM
Posted by Irunonrum on 9/11/2017 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Also, you will need at least 1 available season to you after you renew. Sometimes you can't rescind a scholarship if you have too many guys graduating, unless you sign enough guys to constantly have a base # of players (I think 6 or 7).
9/11/2017 4:22 PM
Posted by tgblackw on 5/25/2017 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Animal7 on 5/23/2017 1:45:00 AM (view original):
You have been at Arizona State for 20 seasons and haven't made the NT a single time. I'm not sure 3.0 is your problem...
hahaha
1/31/2018 10:56 PM
Before, I used the link to the 3.0 Online Magazine format and found it very useful. The link seems to be dead now, does anyone know if this is posted somewhere else?
2/6/2018 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.