Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Posted by duece112 on 2/6/2018 12:45:00 PM (view original):
Before, I used the link to the 3.0 Online Magazine format and found it very useful. The link seems to be dead now, does anyone know if this is posted somewhere else?
I talked to Chapel and he said that the server to maintain the book thing costs a bunch of money so it's been deactivated.

I still have the original word Doc that I created and could share it but not sure how to exactly. I could take screenshots and use imgur like this

Honestly I wasn't even sure how much people referred to that thing since most of the information is in the original forum post.
2/7/2018 12:53 PM
It's up to you. I don't quite remember the full content but if most of that info is in the forum post I'll just continue to use that. No need to cause anyone extra work. For what it's worth, I thought it was really well made and helpful, thanks to you and ChapelHillne for the work you put into it.
2/7/2018 3:38 PM
Benis,

If you want to share a word doc, you can use google docs for free. Upload the document to your account and then you can share it read only through a link. Google has easy to use directions on that.

2/9/2018 8:33 AM
Fairly new to HD. I've read through some of the comments about recruiting. The time frames are realistic to the college game. So I like it.( I've been involved with recruiting as an assistant coach in the real world from coaching high to college.) I think the ability for D2 teams to sign D1 players in the early cycle should be possible. I read through a number of the ESPN and Scout.com rankings, lower ranked positional players signed in the early cycles.

What's the likelihood of a D3 coach signing a D1 kid in HD? In the real world, not likely. Although it's very likely if the kid is a transfer.

I'm still learning how to coach in HD, but I also like rebuild projects.

Is there any skew in favor of human coaches verus Sim coaches? I think the human coaches should be able to develop a system quicker than a sim coach. Outside of HD, I look over a JV team this year that lost all their games the previous year only to go 14-2 this year. The point is I put in a better system that helped my team be more successful.
3/8/2018 11:45 AM
Posted by NickGC08 on 3/8/2018 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Fairly new to HD. I've read through some of the comments about recruiting. The time frames are realistic to the college game. So I like it.( I've been involved with recruiting as an assistant coach in the real world from coaching high to college.) I think the ability for D2 teams to sign D1 players in the early cycle should be possible. I read through a number of the ESPN and Scout.com rankings, lower ranked positional players signed in the early cycles.

What's the likelihood of a D3 coach signing a D1 kid in HD? In the real world, not likely. Although it's very likely if the kid is a transfer.

I'm still learning how to coach in HD, but I also like rebuild projects.

Is there any skew in favor of human coaches verus Sim coaches? I think the human coaches should be able to develop a system quicker than a sim coach. Outside of HD, I look over a JV team this year that lost all their games the previous year only to go 14-2 this year. The point is I put in a better system that helped my team be more successful.
I sent you a sitemail Nick addressing what you asked. If you haven't used sitemail--click on the green envelope in the upper right corner.
3/9/2018 1:26 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I am a pretty new player in his second season in a two a day world. after failing to recruit last year Ive done a bit better this year, but I have had instances of just disappearing from a recruits considering list after I informed of a redshirt, even if I was very high before and the only team offering him a scholarship. Does this normally happen? Should I just plan on rarely redshirting anyone? Depending on how everything goes this year next year I want to try to pull down some recruits, but I want to know what the timeline is for that in a 2 a day world. Should I wait until after signings start to start recruiting them? I also want to eventually start switching away from triangle/Fastbreak but Im scared to try to transition while losing an entire year of knowledge about whatever new system I implement. Basically Im new and would appreciate any advice anyone could give.
4/30/2018 2:11 PM
Posted by Treehouse360 on 4/30/2018 2:11:00 PM (view original):
I am a pretty new player in his second season in a two a day world. after failing to recruit last year Ive done a bit better this year, but I have had instances of just disappearing from a recruits considering list after I informed of a redshirt, even if I was very high before and the only team offering him a scholarship. Does this normally happen? Should I just plan on rarely redshirting anyone? Depending on how everything goes this year next year I want to try to pull down some recruits, but I want to know what the timeline is for that in a 2 a day world. Should I wait until after signings start to start recruiting them? I also want to eventually start switching away from triangle/Fastbreak but Im scared to try to transition while losing an entire year of knowledge about whatever new system I implement. Basically Im new and would appreciate any advice anyone could give.
Site mail me treehouse. I'll hook you up.
5/1/2018 9:00 PM
Doing a lot of reading trying to get up to speed. I come from GD so it looks like I have a bit of a head start compared to a pure beginner. Wouldn't mind a mentor to throw a few questions at now and then.
7/20/2018 8:51 AM
“You can host your own camp and invite players within a certain radius of you, and choose the number of players you want to invite. The pool of players at these camps is also random and based on geography (within X miles of the school's location).”

What is the X? Or is this something you can set?
5/15/2019 2:57 AM
What is the X? Or is this something you can set?
no.. the "X" is 500 miles from campus
5/17/2019 4:53 PM
Haven't played in 9 years and just from what I have read here, it sounds pretty confusing. I am going to give it a go but don't feel that I understand it. Maybe once I see it, it will make sense.
Any one with advice for DIII recruiting, I am all ears.
The more I read about the 3.0 engine the less I think I understand it
12/23/2019 5:05 PM
Two quick questions:

I am back after a 1 year break or so.... has anything changed since I left?!?

I don't think this was possible before - but is there a way to REMOVE guys from your discovered scouted players? This would allow you to limit assistant coach searches to just those that you are still interested in and remove the trash. I know there may be some ways to do this by limiting the scouting search by position and geography, but I know that way is not perfect.
4/8/2020 5:16 PM
Brian, you cannot undiscover recruits. This would be handy for sure. It would be too powerful a tool though.
4/8/2020 6:29 PM
Quick Q: New DIII coach. Trying to pull down a DII player. Currently only considering us with Moderate interest. Player wants to sign Early. Any chance he signs in the 1st session? Or will he wait till session 2, even though he wants to sign early?
4/15/2020 11:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Guide to the New HD 3.0 release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.