Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

Good post chapel. Agree
8/13/2016 2:50 AM
Good post. However if you have the right to post everything positive others have the right to post everything negative. If you don't want negative post don't post fairytale all is good in the HD world BS. Yes the negative post, mine and others, went to far however all the goody goody stuff doesn't make the game or the decisions by WIS any better either.
8/13/2016 11:16 AM
positive post =

negative post =

trolling post =

big difference between polite/constructive negative posts and criticisms and outright repeat trolling.
8/13/2016 11:36 AM

This is my ninth season and my last. I do not have the long history of most of you, seeing so many long tenured coaches leaving, that is a red flag, it is easy to perceive the Admin folks on this site do not care. I am all in favor of coaches making up their own minds about 3.0 and I hope all who stay enjoy the game. But when short sighted people say these coaches will not be missed, they are delusional at best. Toxic posts serve no purpose, but I submit the most toxic come from players criticizing those leaving. There should be no attempt to shut down dissent, but such a move would not be out of character for this site.

8/13/2016 11:46 AM
Posted by dogsfan398 on 8/13/2016 11:46:00 AM (view original):

This is my ninth season and my last. I do not have the long history of most of you, seeing so many long tenured coaches leaving, that is a red flag, it is easy to perceive the Admin folks on this site do not care. I am all in favor of coaches making up their own minds about 3.0 and I hope all who stay enjoy the game. But when short sighted people say these coaches will not be missed, they are delusional at best. Toxic posts serve no purpose, but I submit the most toxic come from players criticizing those leaving. There should be no attempt to shut down dissent, but such a move would not be out of character for this site.

Have you read all of the abusive nonsense being peddled with the sole intent of damaging the game and insulting other users? Do you honestly interpret that as being all one-sided against those that are negative on the update? Really?!

The forums were torched by several who either quit the Beta, or in the extreme case, sought to be booted from the game after being booted from the Beta. It's too bad that folks like only/viva/etta sabotaged these forums for a couple months. It's a false equivalence to compare calls for the abuse to end for the abuse itself.

That's neither "passive-aggressive", nor quashing dissent. It's demanding a forum free of actions intended not to help, but to damage and insult.
8/13/2016 1:09 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/13/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dogsfan398 on 8/13/2016 11:46:00 AM (view original):

Have you read all of the abusive nonsense being peddled with the sole intent of damaging the game and insulting other users? Do you honestly interpret that as being all one-sided against those that are negative on the update? Really?!

The forums were torched by several who either quit the Beta, or in the extreme case, sought to be booted from the game after being booted from the Beta. It's too bad that folks like only/viva/etta sabotaged these forums for a couple months. It's a false equivalence to compare calls for the abuse to end for the abuse itself.

That's neither "passive-aggressive", nor quashing dissent. It's demanding a forum free of actions intended not to help, but to damage and insult.
+1
8/13/2016 1:13 PM
not really a fan of this thread or original post, although i also do think the negativity has been out of hand. booting people leaving from the forums prematurely is a bad move, its not only going to be offensive to many other users, but also, some of those folks are expecting to leave while running down credits, and might end up wanting to stay. really ******* them off by banning them for making reasonable criticism doesn't make sense.

this should instead be handled on a case-by-case basis. most users who are upset about the beta are not on here making personal attacks and stuff, its really just a couple users who are out of line consistently, on both sides of the issue. if that is really hurting the discussion (which it is/was), send a ticket. i'm not saying go crazy here, people should always be given many chances and some time to cool off, but really, if it gets as bad as it did with the0nly, someone who cares should be sending a ticket on that, probably multiple someones. i think he was honestly working for the perma-ban and was surprised it didn't come, but i would have liked to see someone complain a month or two ago and for him to get a week or two to cool off, instead of it getting so bad that seble was probably just waiting for the excuse to perma-ban him.
8/13/2016 2:43 PM
is fake etta banned? has he posted the last day or so?
8/13/2016 2:49 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/13/2016 2:49:00 PM (view original):
It seems like it. His posts started sounding identical to only/viva's. They didn't always. Mostly they sounded like satire on the real etta...until the last couple days. dunno.
8/13/2016 3:00 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 8/12/2016 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/12/2016 12:28:00 PM (view original):
As most of you probably know from reading what I post, I love this game, and I really like the new release. I would venture to say I may have spent more time on Beta that pretty much anyone out there. Gotta be in the top 5 at least, especially since I ended up with 3 Beta teams (one at each level).

I have always enjoyed the forums as a source of good information on how to learn new strategies, and have questions answered. There is a lot of wisdom to be gained by reading the forums, that will make anyone a much better coach. It's a great place to develop friendships, and to pass the time on something that interests me and is my hobby.

However, lately the forums have become so toxic that it's really unpleasant to come on here. People are hurling insults at each other and at the developers constantly, and the same things are just being said over and over. Posts about topics quickly deteriorate into shouting matches, and threads about valid topics become 10 pages long, with very little information. The Beta is trashed relentlessly, often by people who did not even try it, or who tried one season for a limited time.

There is at least one person posting on the forums, dozens of times a day, that doesn't even have an active team in HD. And most of their posts are spent insulting other users and trashing the beta and developers.

People are on here "trying" to get others to leave the game. If you are going to leave the game, that's your choice. If you don't like it any more, or are willing to leave something you love without giving it a chance in "real" gameplay, you should probably just quit now. But why the effort in trying to get others to leave? I just don't understand the point of that.

I know a lot of people are upset about the Beta, and there's nothing at all wrong with voicing concerns and making positive suggestions. And I understand that many do not want this change, and think other changes would have been better.

But, at this point, the beta is going to happen. And I think that the good of the game, at this moment in time, needs to be looked at by HD management.

Personally, if I was in charge of HD, at this point I would probably suspend posting privileges for users that do not have any active teams if all they are doing is posting negative comments and insulting other users.

As a business decision, I would also suspend posting privileges of those who are saying that they are definitely 100% leaving the game and are encouraging others to do the same. I don't understand why a company would allow that on their own forums when they are getting ready to release a product they are trying to promote. This kind of talk sways public opinion of the release in a negative way, and could encourage people to quit the game, who might try the Beta and end up really liking it.

Also, new users will look at these forums and think, man, this game must suck, or it is getting ready to suck. I just wasted my money, and I am going to not even bother to waste my time with it.

Again, I don't see anything wrong with constructive suggestions on how to improve the Beta, but that's not what most of the talk is on the forums.

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this post by the predictable people, and I am not planning on responding to any of that. I don't enjoy conflict. But I just wanted to put my two cents out there as someone who loves the game, and is really looking forward to the new system.
Well chapel I agree and this game isn't going to fall like most people say it would but them people will be obvisuly forgotten about on here.
Pretty sure no one will ever forget you Wardo.
8/13/2016 10:58 PM
Posted by rogelio on 8/13/2016 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 8/13/2016 2:49:00 PM (view original):
It seems like it. His posts started sounding identical to only/viva's. They didn't always. Mostly they sounded like satire on the real etta...until the last couple days. dunno.
I don't think it was the same person. The fake Etta could actually spell, capitalize, use a little punctuation here and there, all things that were foreign to an Only/Viva post.
8/13/2016 11:01 PM
Rogelio torched dogsfan398 because he states an opinion? dogfans stated plainly that toxic posts serve no purpose. I do not think his post was toxic or an attack. He spoke of a perception and criticized attacks on coaches leaving. I saw nothing in the post attacking anyone and he even says coaches should make up their own mind. Where is the damage to the game? Or is simply dissenting considered damage ? Trying to shut down dissent is wrong. Both sides have a right to be heard including criticism of the developers as long as it is civil.

I also want to bring attention to Coachward95 +1 Rogelio's post. Hypocrisy on display as wardo himself has attacked coaches leaving.
8/13/2016 11:11 PM
Posted by craig218 on 8/13/2016 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Rogelio torched dogsfan398 because he states an opinion? dogfans stated plainly that toxic posts serve no purpose. I do not think his post was toxic or an attack. He spoke of a perception and criticized attacks on coaches leaving. I saw nothing in the post attacking anyone and he even says coaches should make up their own mind. Where is the damage to the game? Or is simply dissenting considered damage ? Trying to shut down dissent is wrong. Both sides have a right to be heard including criticism of the developers as long as it is civil.

I also want to bring attention to Coachward95 +1 Rogelio's post. Hypocrisy on display as wardo himself has attacked coaches leaving.
Lmao... Your being a hypocrete for calling me a hypocrete search me please! Yeah and the ones I have attacked are either leaving or have perma ban on them.
8/13/2016 11:22 PM
I just want to be clear on one thing. The whole purpose of the original post was hoping that things could get toned down on the forums a few notches so that it could be a pleasant place to come for information once again. I didn't mean to sound like anyone who disagreed with the beta or stated negative things about it should be banned. I did feel that if someone was trying to encourage people to quit the game, this was counterproductive from the point of view of HD management, and all of us who want to see as many people stick around as possible.

I think it's great to have lively discussions about the pros and cons of the update if everyone stays reasonable and is willing to engage in civil debates about it. Good ideas come out of those kinds of discussions, and that helps develop a better end product. So, I wasn't saying that those who post about things they don't like about it should be banned. In my mind it was a very small group of people with very loud voices, and they don't seem to be around any more.

I have noticed that in the last couple of days, things really have calmed down on the forums, which is very refreshing to see.

All of us love this game or we would not be here, so we all have that common goal. And it's cool to be able to come on a forum like this and talk and learn about the game. We all have different ideas about what would make the perfect game, and how to get to that point, and there's no way that we will all agree on exactly what that is.

But we all do have a common goal, except for the trolls, who seem to be gone now. Their goal has always been a mystery to me.
8/13/2016 11:56 PM (edited)
Rogelio, what post were you reading? It was not mine. You twisted words and obscured the meaning to the level of a MSNBC commentator. You should apply for a job there.

Where did I say that the posts were one sided? I wrote, "But when short sighted people say these coaches will not be missed, they are delusional at best. Toxic posts serve no purpose, but I submit the most toxic come from players criticizing those leaving." meaning as in the most vicious not in number! Also read "Toxic posts serve no purpose". I would say that is direct and plain. I also wrote. "I am all in favor of coaches making up their own minds about 3.0 and I hope all who stay enjoy the game." And "seeing so many long tenured coaches leaving, that is a red flag, it is easy to perceive the Admin folks on this site do not care." Please show me the damage to the game in any of those statements.

No matter if a coach decided not to try the beta, quit the beta or was booted as you put it, they have the right to voice an opinion as long as it is civil.

I never once mentioned "passive aggressive" or "quashing" in my post. I never accused ANYONE of shutting down dissent, I only said it should not be attempted. In the future READ the post before you attack the author.

8/14/2016 12:00 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Negative forum posts - enough is enough Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.