HD 3.0 Mentor List Topic

Here is a list of coaches who will gladly give advice and help to those who want to learn the newest version of the game. If you are a new or existing user and need advice, please sitemail one of these coaches.

Beachhouse -
D3 level recruiting and practice planning
benis
bgally2085
Bobby2c -
Helping someone get started on rebuilding a team
casperthegm
chapelhillne (All levels, but especially D1)
cubcub113 (
Low DI and DII Team building and recruiting)
favre3xmvp

ftbeaglesfan
gjalpert - Rebuilding low prestige D1 teams into contenders

gomiami1972 - loves the zone
goodtymes31
hughesjr

kubasnack
ncoldguy

noleaniml
npb7768
obituaryconc
possumfiend
robinsmd -
Especially any assistance related to D1
rogelio
shoe3

sol_phenom3
teamvip

tgblackw
topdogggbm

trentonjoe

Also, if you are interested in trying the following, please contact me and I will organize it. Here is my idea.

One of the biggest issues has always been retaining new users. Although the game is not complicated, there are a lot of features, and new users may get overwhelmed, and not put the effort in to get over the hump to really enjoy the game and stick with it. What do you guys think about a group of us getting organized and assigning ourselves as a mentor to every new user that comes along.

Here's how it could work. Let's say there are 20 new users that sign up over the course of a month, and there are 10 of us that volunteer. We could assign 2 new players to each coach, and all we would have to do is to reach out to the new user by sitemail offering our assistance. If they don't respond, that's all we would do. If they do respond, we help them, and they are much more likely to have a successful first season and recruiting experience, and to stick with the game.

It would be really nice if HD would provide us with a list of people as they sign up so we could reach out to them right away, and help them through the very early stages.

This combined with a good manual would potentially increase retention dramatically.
1/10/2020 8:07 AM (edited)
Trentonjoe
8/13/2016 9:31 AM
npb7768

I'll try to be close to as helpful as Joe Pesci in "My Cousin Vinny"... in over his head, never won a case, unpredictable, falls asleep in court, and at no cost.... hey, i'll even wear a ridiculous tuxedo on occasion... but i'll be better than that Public Defender!
8/13/2016 10:14 AM
rogelio - I'll chip in. I spend way too much time on this site, but my main focus in the Beta has been figuring out how to scout with minimal time spent.

Everyone's going to have an AP learning curve the first time this is live in a Wooden.
8/13/2016 10:20 AM
Sign me up
8/13/2016 11:12 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I am leaving but chap this is a good idea.

8/13/2016 11:56 AM
I'm more Toby Ziegler than My Cousin Vinny, but the concept is the same. I'm game.
8/13/2016 12:00 PM
chap you can include me as well.
8/13/2016 1:15 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
We are up to 11 so far. That's great to see!
8/13/2016 2:31 PM
Might as well add me on there. And if there is a question I dont know the answer too, I will go to a better mentor than me for the answer, haha
8/13/2016 5:11 PM
I have updated the list
8/14/2016 11:17 AM
I haven't totally figured out 3.0, but I'm happy to be on the mentor list.
8/15/2016 6:17 PM
Everyone Join MWC Allen.
8/15/2016 7:46 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
HD 3.0 Mentor List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.