HD 3.0 Mentor List Topic

Thanks for the pin CS!
12/24/2016 1:02 PM
This hasn't been touched lately. I am more than willing to help anyone with D3 level recruiting and practice planning (probably what I am best at)
5/21/2017 4:39 PM
I just won a national championship at 3.0 but I still pretty much take the same approach to the game as I did before 3.0.

Offering my services up as a mentor again though for anyone interested.

~sol
9/26/2017 9:51 AM
I have been away from the game for awhile, and could really use a mentor, er at least someone/anybody that is willing to give me some advice.

Thanxs in advance
3/11/2018 3:28 PM
Just started my first season in Hoops, could use a mentor to help me get started. Thanks
3/28/2018 3:41 PM
You can sitemail me bro
3/29/2018 2:11 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 12/24/2016 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Here is a list of coaches who will gladly give advice and help to those who want to learn the newest version of the game. If you are a new or existing user and need advice, please sitemail one of these coaches.

benis
bgally2085
casperthegm
chapelhillne (All levels, but especially D1)
CoachSpud
cubcub113 (
Low DI and DII Team building and recruiting)
ftbeaglesfan
goodtymes31
hughesjr

kubasnack
noleaniml

npb7768
obituaryconc
possumfiend
rogelio
shoe3
tarvolon
tgblackw
trentonjoe

Also, if you are interested in trying the following, please contact me and I will organize it. Here is my idea.

One of the biggest issues has always been retaining new users. Although the game is not complicated, there are a lot of features, and new users may get overwhelmed, and not put the effort in to get over the hump to really enjoy the game and stick with it. What do you guys think about a group of us getting organized and assigning ourselves as a mentor to every new user that comes along.

Here's how it could work. Let's say there are 20 new users that sign up over the course of a month, and there are 10 of us that volunteer. We could assign 2 new players to each coach, and all we would have to do is to reach out to the new user by sitemail offering our assistance. If they don't respond, that's all we would do. If they do respond, we help them, and they are much more likely to have a successful first season and recruiting experience, and to stick with the game.

It would be really nice if HD would provide us with a list of people as they sign up so we could reach out to them right away, and help them through the very early stages.

This combined with a good manual would potentially increase retention dramatically.
I could definitely use some help. I can't seem to beat user teams even when my team is far more superior than the other team. I just took over a team and run a flex offense and man to man defense. Don't have a good perimeter team but a good low post presence. I'm not sure how to set my team game plan when winning or losing late. Any advice would be helpful. Also how do i send direct message to you guys?
3/31/2018 11:28 AM
Posted by jthrilla on 3/31/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Here is a list of coaches who will gladly give advice and help to those who want to learn the newest version of the game. If you are a new or existing user and need advice, please sitemail one of these coaches.

benis
bgally2085
casperthegm
CoachSpud
cubcub113 (
ftbeaglesfan
goodtymes31
hughesjr

kubasnack
noleaniml

npb7768
obituaryconc
possumfiend
rogelio
shoe3
tarvolon
tgblackw
trentonjoe

Also, if you are interested in trying the following, please contact me and I will organize it. Here is my idea.

One of the biggest issues has always been retaining new users. Although the game is not complicated, there are a lot of features, and new users may get overwhelmed, and not put the effort in to get over the hump to really enjoy the game and stick with it. What do you guys think about a group of us getting organized and assigning ourselves as a mentor to every new user that comes along.

Here's how it could work. Let's say there are 20 new users that sign up over the course of a month, and there are 10 of us that volunteer. We could assign 2 new players to each coach, and all we would have to do is to reach out to the new user by sitemail offering our assistance. If they don't respond, that's all we would do. If they do respond, we help them, and they are much more likely to have a successful first season and recruiting experience, and to stick with the game.

It would be really nice if HD would provide us with a list of people as they sign up so we could reach out to them right away, and help them through the very early stages.

This combined with a good manual would potentially increase retention dramatically.
I could definitely use some help. I can't seem to beat user teams even when my team is far more superior than the other team. I just took over a team and run a flex offense and man to man defense. Don't have a good perimeter team but a good low post presence. I'm not sure how to set my team game plan when winning or losing late. Any advice would be helpful. Also how do i send direct message to you guys?
Click on the person's user name and another page pops up. On the left hand side it says "send site mail".
4/1/2018 5:53 PM
I just updated a few names - sorry - missed this. If anyone else wants to be listed as a mentor, please site mail me and let me know what you feel like you are best at, and I will add it.
5/12/2018 9:40 PM
Just updated. If your name is on this list, and you want me to specify something next to your name, please site mail me.
5/16/2018 8:18 AM
Posted by Benis on 4/1/2018 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jthrilla on 3/31/2018 11:28:00 AM (view original):

benis
bgally2085
casperthegm
CoachSpud
cubcub113 (
ftbeaglesfan
goodtymes31
hughesjr

kubasnack
noleaniml

npb7768
obituaryconc
possumfiend
rogelio
shoe3
tarvolon
tgblackw
trentonjoe

Click on the person's user name and another page pops up. On the left hand side it says "send site mail".
I’d try this. Use to play way back when. Put me on the list. Thanks
7/31/2018 3:00 PM
Good evening all,

I am new to HD & would love some mentorship on recruiting / practice planning / gameplanning. I have reached out to some of you listed above, but feel free to sitemail me if you have any tips/tricks. Recruiting / scouting starts tomorrow at 6:00 PM EST for me.

Thanks in advance!
9/14/2018 8:24 PM
Posted by MortgageNut on 9/14/2018 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Good evening all,

I am new to HD & would love some mentorship on recruiting / practice planning / gameplanning. I have reached out to some of you listed above, but feel free to sitemail me if you have any tips/tricks. Recruiting / scouting starts tomorrow at 6:00 PM EST for me.

Thanks in advance!
I suggest you proactively reach out to a few of the guys on the mentor list, in case people don't regularly check this thread.

Good luck and welcome to the game!
10/25/2018 12:23 AM
I'd like to be added to the mentor list now please! I specialize at D2.... and D2 recruiting.... and quick and constant communication skills. I'm on call 24/7 for all things D2 related.

I'll send you a sitemail as well.
12/6/2018 7:44 PM
Topdog helped me out a ton and he still helps me all the time! Very good help and quick responses.
12/15/2018 12:04 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
HD 3.0 Mentor List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.