HD 3.0 Mentor List Topic

Im in D2 and my team is 9-0. I feel I did a good job in recruiting but seem to be getting dusted in my player development. Im upset it took me this long to realize how much other teams are developing better than mine. Can anyone send some advice my way on how to maximize my players development? Thanks in advance.
6/12/2019 8:11 AM
Posted by addison24 on 6/12/2019 8:11:00 AM (view original):
Im in D2 and my team is 9-0. I feel I did a good job in recruiting but seem to be getting dusted in my player development. Im upset it took me this long to realize how much other teams are developing better than mine. Can anyone send some advice my way on how to maximize my players development? Thanks in advance.
Likely your juniors and seniors have nearly reached their full potential. Plus, your young guys have pretty terrible work ethic numbers and will not improve unless they get huge amounts of playing time. Your 7 WE guy is a lost cause.
6/12/2019 12:01 PM
Looking for some advice again: I coach UCSD in the Wooden world. I have a team without seniors but a team that I felt should be pretty good this year. We've played 4 good teams right off the bat and havent even come close to competing in any of the games. I thought we were good enough to at least be respectable against the top dogs. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what they use for play distribution and/or if what they use for playing time based on fatigue or minutes. I've messed around with it a little but am having a hard time figuring out what should work. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've grown to become addicted to this game. Now I just want to be good.
9/11/2019 9:44 AM
Quick glance is that your bigs are killing you. Upsons 14 ath pretty much negates all his other numbers and zechmans 44 stamina is really bad he cant start and really shouldnt be playing more than 10 minutes a game.
your last 2 losses were to really good coaches as well.
9/11/2019 10:06 AM
Im not the best coach but if you dont have any other takers you can always sitemail me and we can talk more in detail. Good luck either way!
9/11/2019 10:17 AM
Brand new to the game and looking for some basic tips if anyone's willing? Thanks!
11/3/2019 10:58 AM
Looking for some quick advice in regard to recruiting. If you're willing to help me please send me a sitemail. Thanks!
11/6/2019 11:12 AM
New to this game in my first season. Would love someone with experience in D3 to help me with a bunch of aspects in the game!
11/11/2019 9:36 AM
Agstepp, my experience is there are plenty of HOF'ers willing to help, and you can find most questions answered in the forum, some you haven't even thought to ask yet. Check your sitemail!
11/11/2019 10:42 PM
Hey all, I played this game many, many years ago (at least 7, I can't even remember my old username).

I was never very good, and didn't put much effort into recruiting -- usually tried jumping from job to job to piggyback someone else's hard work lol -- but now I'm back and actually want to do this thing right. At D3 Dominican in Tark, recruiting starts tonight and I have less than zero idea on what to do (reading all the forum posts now), if someone could sitemail me and help me it'd be much appreciated.
1/3/2020 12:20 PM
I love rebuilding programs. For me, it's more fun to rebuild a bad program than it is to take over a good one. I haven't won any NT championships yet (best finish is Elite 8), but my rebuilds have become competitive and made it to postseason tournaments. So, if you're thinking about rebuilding a program, I can definitely give you some pointers on how I work rebuilds.
1/13/2020 8:54 AM
Alright, I think it's my turn to fill out the mentor application, haha. I specialize in D2 and D3. I have mentored people before, such as Adjacent1. I was mentored mostly by topdog and cwaldenj and still remember strategy that they used that worked as they mentored me.

I have a few titles and hopefully a few more on the way as I am in the first couple non-rebuild seasons of most of my teams since I expanded form 1 to 4 teams. I have 2 other teams currently in rebuild.

Sitemail me if you're interested in talking!
1/31/2020 3:09 AM
Hi all,

Just hopped on this. Anything I do I want to do right. Just want some basic tips on how to get started, various features, things to looks for, goals, etc. Thanks for any help.
3/23/2020 1:41 PM
Kyle, did you end up getting help?
3/30/2020 6:50 PM
I'm open to a having a mentor. I feel I am off to a good start but any tips are appreciated
4/3/2020 12:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
HD 3.0 Mentor List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.