Rule V Leg #53 - Draft Thread Topic

Two Alous in one draft! I think that's a record.
9/2/2016 9:34 AM
Posted by alice on 8/28/2016 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Matty Alou - Pirates
Speaking of 'Alous', can anyone explain this pick???

We have the Pirates, and Matty might have barely made our top ten OFers...Soooo many much better guys avail at this spot...

We are perplexed...

DBP
9/2/2016 10:08 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that's a wrap. " Let's get it on"
9/2/2016 10:12 AM
Posted by deathdealer on 9/2/2016 10:12:00 AM (view original):
If I'm not mistaken, that's a wrap. " Let's get it on"
It is. Should have my team ready in the next couple of hours, then I'll send out the league number.
9/2/2016 10:57 AM
Wait, nobody took a player from Tampa? How could y'all pass on such a bounty of talent?
9/2/2016 11:06 AM
Posted by dilligafdbp on 9/2/2016 10:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by alice on 8/28/2016 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Matty Alou - Pirates
Speaking of 'Alous', can anyone explain this pick???

We have the Pirates, and Matty might have barely made our top ten OFers...Soooo many much better guys avail at this spot...

We are perplexed...

DBP
Allow me to explain. When drafting a team ,each team has different needs. You draft by need there is no one size fits all. In my case I needed a table setter ,
someone to get me in the position for my Bombers to hit two or three homer runs not solo shots. Matty Alou Wis resume reads as follows; Over 700 AB's
334 BA 366 OBS and a average 235 hits a year., in addition to 22 SB. I couldn't find this so-called much better guys that will produce 235 hits a year.
My team is loaded with Homer Runs hitter. ( Sosa 64 HRS. Mosies Alou 39 Derrick Lee 46 Rick Wilkins 30 ) .Now couple that with my home park that has a rating of plus 2 in both left Field and right Field, my strategy needs to take very advantage on scoring runs.. Now when I had the Padres and Petco Park and I drafted with speed, pitching and defensive in mind. I don't know if this helps you understand my train thought. Just remember you can win in different ways the Twins recently won it and all by the way I won it all with the Padres.
9/2/2016 11:57 AM
Ok, I'll 'go' w/ your thinking, though I think I might have gone w/ a higher OBP guy for your expressed purpose...

GL to ya (and Matty)...

DBP
9/2/2016 12:02 PM
Just sent out the league number. See you there soon.
9/2/2016 12:04 PM
Posted by dilligafdbp on 9/2/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Ok, I'll 'go' w/ your thinking, though I think I might have gone w/ a higher OBP guy for your expressed purpose...

GL to ya (and Matty)...

DBP
One more thought if I may. Some players out perform they real life Baseball history in WIS. Others have great stats but do not perform at that high standard In WIS. Matty Alou is one that actually has better stats in Wis then his baseball history. Since we are using WIS bats and balls I will follow his lead.
9/2/2016 12:16 PM
Posted by nordawg on 9/1/2016 10:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ACEROTHSTEIN on 9/1/2016 9:39:00 PM (view original):
ok but there is no minimum on amount of players a team must have? Do guys get tired that have 700 PA's?
You have to have a full 25-man roster. Most teams have 11-12 pitchers, but you can get by with 10 if you have at least 1600 or more innings pitched. Closer to 1700 is probably safer. For at bats, any player with 700+ at bats will likely never get tired. Less than 650 and you probably need to rest him once in awhile. Under 600 and you need to platoon at least a little. Also, there is no DH, so you will need a few bench guys who can hit as pinch hitters. Hope this helps and good luck with your team!
That's a lot of innings! I target 1450-1480 innings for $120M cap with no DH. Anything over 1500 is wasting money unless you're in Coors. Some of the weaker teams have money to burn but that's becoming less true with all the salary increases. Total PA is my concern moreso than individual PA because sometimes parttimers have better value and I don't mind moving players around. 5450-5600 total PA depending on stadium and team construction. If you want a player to play every game it depends on his position in the lineup, 700+ near the top, barely over 600 at the bottom.
9/2/2016 12:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19
Rule V Leg #53 - Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.