I'm thinking about demoting this guy, as I've just made a trade. Player Profile: Julio Ciriaco - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports. He has high patience 97 and a decent makeup 81. What are the odds he gets a demotion penalty?
8/20/2016 9:35 AM
He's going to suck at the ML level, demotion penalty or no demotion penalty.
8/20/2016 9:40 AM
I don't think he'll suck, seems like a perfectly average pitcher on average or worse teams, but demotion predictions are very tricky and hard to nail down.
8/20/2016 11:18 AM
With 97 Patience he's unlikely to get a penalty. Players with higher than 65 (I believe that's the cutoff but could be off by a few points) rarely take a hit, but I don't know whether there's a sliding scale that makes 97 far less likely. I also don't see why he'd necessarily suck. His high ERA this season is probably just small sample size distorted by 1 or 2 HRs more than he'd allow long-term.
8/20/2016 11:25 AM (edited)
Thanks everyone for the thoughts.
8/20/2016 2:48 PM
I have demoted many a player and the cutoff seams to be 60 patience. If he is below 60 then there will a some kind of penalty. Normally 1 OA between 50-59 and below 50 it will be more than 1. I have not had a penalty at 60 or above. With 97 patience there is no way he will have a penalty. And I once had a bump with a high patience but that is not consistent as what actually triggers a bump when demoted.
8/20/2016 10:21 PM
Not that anyone cares, but he did NOT get a penalty in any category!
8/20/2016 11:33 PM
That's good data to know and attach to that high Patience. Thanks.
8/21/2016 8:42 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.