Give your opinion of the current state of SLB here at WIS.

I honestly believe it is at the lowest point of viability since I've joined back in 2007.
I once spent a lot of free time coming up with new Theme ideas but consider it a waste of time anymore. It is nearly impossible to fill a Theme League anymore and most Progressives are hanging on by a thread.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ZERO being this site has DIED, I'd give it a 1. Where do you rate it?
8/22/2016 10:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
As a fairly newcomer, can someone explain? How alive this sight was? How it's died. What they could do to make people interested? I'm pretty new, this is the norm for me? It's a simulation site. I don't see how big it can possibly be. Then again, my uncle left the site 4-5 years ago
8/23/2016 1:47 AM
In the first couple years I was on the site (04-06) if you wanted to keep your league advertisement near the top of the classifieds, you'd have to bump it every hour or two.

Also LIVE had its own community, to the point where plenty of leagues were being played with LIVE minimums constantly.
8/23/2016 9:01 AM
That being said, I still like the game, but do think it could be upgraded and maybe advertised more to entice new players
8/23/2016 9:01 AM
I still enjoy the site and would rate the experience a solid "7" with an arrow up. The changes made in dynamic pricing have been most welcome and, in the absence of any format and site upgrades, gave the game a boost. Agree with ozomatli, putting some marketing and advertising dollars to work would help.
8/23/2016 11:49 AM
I enjoy the experience. It's mostly fun with some aggravation. It is surprising to me that some consider it a dying situation. The goal of this site to me is to figure out how to be like the guys who seemingly always win. That is quite a ways off for me.
8/23/2016 12:25 PM
I agree with those saying the game itself is pretty good, and what we really could use is an influx of new owners to play it.
8/23/2016 12:43 PM
Honestly hate the dynamic pricing. Seems like prices only go up, have yet to see anyone with a price going down. Anyways, they need to stop using Java. Java is dead, and it sucks cuz I used to like LIVE. I wonder if FOX sports actually advertises this thou.
8/23/2016 1:50 PM
i agree with crazy...an innovation i would love to see would be to add some players from the negro leagues...there would have to be some more subjectivity involved but it could be done for many players...also some graphics...pictures of players.
8/23/2016 2:05 PM
I am pretty much withdrawing from WIS after my current "bank" of 7 teams are used up.....got tired of waiting for them to deliver on their so-called promised "update", which I understand was supposed to have been done in 2012...while I enjoy some aspects of it, I think there are some problems with the engine that WIS refuses to work on......Instead of putting their efforts into that, they fiddle with the dynamic pricing......until they deliver on the REAL things that need fixing, I won't give them any more of my money.....there must be others who have similar feelings since leagues are so slow to fill now....
8/23/2016 2:48 PM
i wonder what the pool is of those who play prog baseball at all...im thinking about 80 and shrinking...for a number of reasons i used to be in 4-6 leagues but now i will only play in 2.....i cannot do more then 2 keepers/ drafts at same time before my head explodes.
8/23/2016 5:13 PM (edited)
I don't know, I have fun, the leagues I'm in usually fill up in like a week, which seems like the norm. I usually play in 120-140 mil leagues and very rarely wander outside that range, so I might be part of the problem. Even though I joined in 2011, I didn't really play until I got a job in 2014 (shows how young I am). So what I'm hearing (I think) is that people are leaving and not enough people are joining to replace them. So, obviously we need more advertising. I would also like the pictures too. More visuals. I don't know about negro league players though. I want LIVE to move on from Java. And this may be really unlikely, but maybe this could be an app? I don't know too much about coding, so sorry if you tech nerds got triggered. But from what I hear, this site doesn't change much. What was on that 2012 update that made them delay for so long? And when did FOX buy Whatif? Was it around the same time? Does FOX not care about this site? I have a lot of questions.
8/23/2016 5:09 PM
Theme leagues used to fill in a day, sometimes hours. Draft leagues were going on constantly. We were at the time a priority.

With the dynasty games we have become back burner... The service is hit or miss. The lack of an update is a real downer. The game itself is still decent. There is still more than one way to win.

The people that remain playing are why I stay. It isn't what it once was, but I still find enjoyment. Like many things, it is what you make of it.
8/24/2016 6:22 PM (edited)
Posted by DoctorKz on 8/24/2016 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Theme leagues used to fill in a day, sometimes hours. Draft leagues were going on constantly. We were at the time a priority.

With the dynasty games we have become back burner... The service is hit or miss. The lack of an update is a real downer. The game itself is still decent. There is still more than one way to win.

The people that remain playing are why I stay. It isn't what it once was, but I still find enjoyment. Like many things, it is what you make of it.
Sorry, I'm not getting the big picture. So people left because there was no update? What type of update could it be? More options to control a team? I don't get it.
8/24/2016 8:04 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.