Stlyward, owners (WIS/FOX customers) have abandoned SLB in droves.

(That's depending on what you mean by "droves," of course. It's been more of a great, steady drain, like a levee breaking on a reservoir.)
9/12/2016 9:18 PM (edited)
"As for animation graphics so you can see Rollie Fingers' grinning under his proud handlebars on the mound, or Reggie Jackson's open collar flapping in his own breeze -- good grief, if you want that, hope you can find it elsewhere. Don't put that kind of burden on these guys."

I said it as personally preferable. I did not say it was possible in the current WIS business environment. I don't know anyone who is a serious student of the game who hasn't imagined what it would be like to see the players of old first hand. Imagine yourself walking to the mound to take the ball from Lefty Grove or Bob Gibson... this is entirely possible. Until we learn time travel this is the closest we will get.
9/14/2016 2:04 PM (edited)
I'd be too scared to ask Grove or Gibson for the ball. Those two were pretty ornery.
9/14/2016 2:57 PM
toss in the Big D for that matter. Drysdale cut an imposing figure during his playing days.
9/14/2016 3:16 PM
also wanted to opine that I really like what Steve/Stlyward had to say in his post. Agree with the content and like the prose!
9/14/2016 3:18 PM
This reminds me of a thread the NBA SIMmers had . . . about 8-10 years and zero updates ago. FOX / WIS clearly doesn't give a crap about their customers any longer.
9/14/2016 3:34 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 9/14/2016 2:57:00 PM (view original):
I'd be too scared to ask Grove or Gibson for the ball. Those two were pretty ornery.
exactly my point! Take a minute to imagine the possibilities.
9/15/2016 10:16 AM (edited)
Posted by all3 on 9/14/2016 3:34:00 PM (view original):
This reminds me of a thread the NBA SIMmers had . . . about 8-10 years and zero updates ago. FOX / WIS clearly doesn't give a crap about their customers any longer.
We've had our fair share of those lol
9/14/2016 6:16 PM
Posted by mixtroy on 8/25/2016 3:21:00 PM (view original):
It's really simple. If, for whatever reason, you're not happy with the game, then just stop playing it instead of whining about it in the forums. WIS doesn't MAKE anyone play. You keep playing bc you CHOOSE to keep playing, plain and simple.
That seems to be the way the management around here feels too. And that's what many people did. I remember theme leagues filling in a day, now they take weeks, sometimes months. I enjoy the SIM. I'll keep playing until I get bored of it. It's just unfortunate that so many people leaving made this site a shell of what it used to be...
9/15/2016 10:47 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/25/2016 6:13:00 PM (view original):
It's really simple. If, for whatever reason, you're not happy with the game, then just stop playing it instead of whining about it in the forums. WIS doesn't MAKE anyone play. You keep playing bc you CHOOSE to keep playing, plain and simple.
We play it cuz we love it. But we want changes because this game does get stale and that's the main reason why everyone left. We just want this to grow and reach the potential it can.
I thought you were a newcomer who didn't understand why people left.
9/16/2016 12:44 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 9/16/2016 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/25/2016 6:13:00 PM (view original):
We play it cuz we love it. But we want changes because this game does get stale and that's the main reason why everyone left. We just want this to grow and reach the potential it can.
I thought you were a newcomer who didn't understand why people left.
That's what people have been saying before I said that. That the game became stale and the lack of updates were reasons why people left. I'm just repeating that
9/16/2016 4:04 PM
I think of the dollar stores.These people make tons of money.I would like trying other leagues but because of pricing I just stick with a little baseball
9/18/2016 9:44 PM
I enjoy this game. I don't like how long it takes to fill. I haven't ever came close to winning a game in a TOC. Would die to win a TOC. I too, would love graphics, photos, and I would like to see Negro League players involved. I live in KC and when you go to the Negro HOF you see how many great players there were. Josh Gibson, " Cool Pappa " Bell, Satchel Paige, etc. Should be some access to their stats !
9/25/2016 2:20 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.