Restricted Players League Topic

So, I know there was/is a banned players league fluctuating around, but it's been a while since I've been active in the forums... I've never been a big fan, mostly because I wasn't able to determine how the banned players were picked. I also felt like the list of players got far too big, to the point where the banned list and the salary cap created a niche of players each season that were either used, or you were out of contention.

With all that said, I wanted to talk about starting a league that was an open format type of league, with a restricted players list. The league will start with banning 1 player from each position that has been the most played in my last 10 seasons of Open League play. Those players will be banned entirely, regardless of the position they are played at. That list is as follows:

PG - John Stockton
SG - Stephen Curry
SF - LeBron James
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - Shaq O'neal

After each season, I will take the MVP, the 6th man and the most selected player in the league and run a poll. Players in the league, will be able to discuss and decide which player, of the 3, that they'd like to be banned for the following season. I will not vote, unless a tie breaker is necessary. If I start to see a trend, where a select group of players are selecting the least reasonable choice to maintain selecting a top player each season, I will have to step in.

The trick with this league, is that the salary cap is not going to be exceptionally high (50+ mil)... The cap will be an open league (42mil) type scenario. As more players become restricted, we can discuss as a group to raise it, but I'd like to start seeing some interesting combinations without just allowing people to select whoever they want with 50+ million. I'd probably start this when it gets closer to the NBA season.

Thoughts?
8/24/2016 3:46 PM (edited)
Restricted Players League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.