DH/1B for RHP, Which? Topic

Player Profile: Wily Sierra - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

or

Player Profile: Weldon Sullivan - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I have had Weldon playing 2nd and my other back up 2B playing 1st because he can, if I decide to run Willy Sierra, I will run him at DH and 1B and move the 1B to 2B to replace Weldon. I am going to keep Weldon vs LHP because Willy has a 1 rating vs LHP haha.

Haven't had Willy play a game this year, would you start Willy vs both RHP with/without DH?

Weldon last year his 290 but right now hes sitting at 230-240 range, struggling vs RHP, still has his SB count good.
8/27/2016 9:25 AM
They're both terrible options for 1B/DH. You have essentially two seasons of data(1100+ AB) and neither have an OPS of .700. Both can steal so, if that's the reason you want to use them, play Sierra. He's LH so he might do better against RHP only.
8/27/2016 9:50 AM
ya I use for Speed because all my other positions hit good amount of HR's.
8/27/2016 11:14 AM
Both Sullivan and Sierra have career stats exactly in line with what I would predict for their stats. If these are your only two choices I would stick with the better defensive lineup; there isn't an ounce of difference between them as hitters.

You can almost certainly find a better DH option in your minor league system or as a free agent, even this late in the season.
8/28/2016 2:28 PM
DH/1B for RHP, Which? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.