Round 2 Themes Topic

No, we'll be doing it through the forums.
9/14/2016 9:28 AM
For the $120M league: "The draft order in each round is based on the lowest cumulative salary"
I assume that this applies to the first round as well? In other words, the person whose initial selection has the lowest salary gets first pick in the first round?
9/15/2016 11:31 AM
Yes, that's correct. Some people like to take a cheap version of their nominated player for that very reason.
9/15/2016 1:52 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/5/2016 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Keep in mind that we'll be using 2016 players. Also, there will be another salary update in early October.
What is the deadline going to be for these teams? I'm very worried* that we can't really build our teams right now because the salaries are going to change.

*Note, much more worried about actually making round 2
9/19/2016 4:38 PM
History shows that I check rosters the week around Thanksgiving.
9/19/2016 5:44 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/19/2016 5:44:00 PM (view original):
History shows that I check rosters the week around Thanksgiving.
I was going to say that doesn't leave much time, then I remembered not everyone is Canadian ;)
9/19/2016 6:56 PM
No, but I watched a lot of Dudley Do Right when I was a kid...Sweet Nell Fenwick or Mary Ann?
9/21/2016 6:30 PM (edited)
Does the 65m league allow Federal Leaguers?
9/27/2016 4:48 PM
Yes
9/27/2016 6:12 PM
Just by posting in this thread I will be jinxing myself...

How do drafts work? I know you pick players via forum post, but are there timeslots or do you have a certain amount of time after the previous pick or such?
9/27/2016 7:37 PM
I had the same question, never done a draft league before
9/27/2016 8:50 PM
For the 120M league, each round will (likely) have a different order. There likely will not be timeslots unless we are moving at a glacial pace.

For the 160M league, there will be a snake order draft (1-24, 24-1, 1-24, etc.). Also unlikely to have timeslots at first (schwarze's call) but my guess is it likely will at some point.

For both, if we are using timeslots, you will be able to pick as soon as the clock reaches your slot, regardless of whether there are missing picks or not. If there are not missing picks, you may pick ahead of your timeslot, as soon as the person in front of you picks. If we are not using timeslots, you may not pick until everyone in front of you has picked.

After making your pick, you should always send a sitemail to at least the next person up. Most owners prefer to send a sitemail to each of the next 2 or 3 owners up. This helps keep the draft moving smoothly, quickly, and helps remind people so there are as few missed picks as possible.

For both drafts, schwarze will keep updated draft picks, lists, etc. in the designated forum thread for the draft in question.
9/27/2016 9:02 PM (edited)
Thanks!
9/27/2016 9:27 PM
In both drafts, there will be time slots, but as is the typical case, the first few rounds will be off the clock so nobody gets skipped. For the 120M theme, there will most likely be 1 pick per day per team (on an hourly basis), per team. For the 160M theme, there will likely be two picks per days scheduled (picks made every 30 minutes), once we're on the clock.
9/28/2016 7:00 AM
I'm temporarily in the cage so I might as well keep asking...

Will the time slots run 24/7 or be during the day in a particular timezone or such?
9/28/2016 8:10 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.