Return of the Tough Love Draft Topic

This is, without exception, my all-time favorite Theme. A chance to draft a team for another owner but to do so under some well-defined rules. You try to "screw" the other owner but you must be very strategic in doing so.

This will be a $80M 24-team league. No DH. No Trades. No Waiver Wire. No Clones for the drafted players. AAA: Below Average or Waived (we can vote).

Phase I: The Draft

1). Once we have 24 interested Owners, each Owner will be randomly assigned another Owner and will draft most of that Owner's team;
2). There will be a 17 serpantine round draft conducted in the Forums: 8 position players; 8 pitchers; & a stadium (drafted in any order). You draft both the player and the year;
3). You must draft at least one player who's primary position in the year selected is one of the 8 field positions (including 3 outfielders);
4). The 8 drafted position players must have cumulative Plate Appearances of at least 4,000 and each position player drafted must have at least 450 Plate Appearances in the year selected (per 162 game schedule);
5). The 8 drafted pitchers must have cumulative Innings Pitched of at least 1,200 (per 162 game schedule); &
6). The total salary of the drafted 16 players/pitchers must be at least $72M.

Phase II: The Correction

1). Once you have been "gifted" with your 8 position players & 8 pitchers, you can attempt to "fix" your roster;
2). You can drop 1 drafted player/pitcher/stadium and replace him with any undrafted player/pitcher/ or your stadium. Only 1 drop allowed;
3). You can twist 1 drafted player/pitcher and use any other season of his career;
4). Complete your 25-player roster by selecting 9 undrafted players/pitchers. No clones on your team but undrafted players/pitchers can appear on more than 1 roster.

Interested? Great strategy draft because you simply can't just "gift" the other owner with garbage. If you select low salary players, you'll also have to provide some high salary players to reach the minimum salary.
8/30/2016 12:16 PM
Interested List (Last updated: August 30th)

1). CRTYonker.
2). combalt
3).
8/30/2016 2:22 PM (edited)
This is always fun, sign me up please
8/30/2016 2:14 PM
Posted by combalt on 8/30/2016 2:14:00 PM (view original):
This is always fun, sign me up please
Welcome, combalt!
8/30/2016 2:22 PM
Bump
8/31/2016 7:57 AM
El Bumpo
9/1/2016 5:53 AM
Return of the Tough Love Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.