I need some help getting up to speed quickly on recruiting. I started my first season yesterday and today recruiting opened. Your expertise are much appreciated.
8/30/2016 5:22 PM
Firstly welcome to GD.
I would try to identify what areas do you need people in and then identify the recruits you want, i would also get the yatzr tool (also i would make a donation, he has a special donation request right now, i would look into that as well). The tool would help with talent identification. Once you know who you want to recruit i would give them some face time through campus visits and the like. See how that works out.
8/30/2016 7:29 PM
- First 24 hours you have time to set up who you want to go after.
- Go after the ones you really want then the rest go after the ones that are reasonable. Don't ever try to get all the best ones possible because most likely you'll run out of money battling people or they aren't that interested in you so you have to throw a lot of money at them. The worse thing is getting commitments and being broke with 6 scholarships still left to hand out because your computer assistant coaches will recruit the WORSE players thus hurting your overall.
- Example: if you have 12 scholarships available target about 13 to 18 guys.
- Target mostly players that are 180 miles are less. They're cheaper to spend money on since they're closer. I usually go for long distance players twice a season when they're worth going for.
- Make sure you don't battle against user coaches who are way better than you. You'll end up losing and spending 20k for nothing.
- I tend to look for players with work ethic and role rating. Look at role rating. Make sure that player fits what you want
- During those first 24 hours send a assistant coach to that player for a scouting report. All players. This will give you an idea of what that player is about and you'll then be on his radar
- after the first 24 hours the system refreshes every 3 hours. So make sure you start throwing money at the players. Campus visits galore! Every 3 hours until they turn "Green". If you're "yellow" and you see SIM schools batting against you, keep sending campus visits and soon they will drop off turning you "Green". - - The last few hours before the players can start signing (Wednesday) send all the players a scholarship.

Let me me know if you have any other questions.
8/30/2016 9:54 PM
This has everything you need to get started:

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=444561

8/30/2016 10:55 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.