Suggested changes/additions Topic

I've played a total of 70 seasons across several worlds & my winning percentage is good (just over 70%). I enjoy the game but REALLY tired of never going unbeaten, never having an All-American, never getting past 2nd round of playoffs, etc. I've been in a game or the playoffs where I trailed but it wasn't a blowout. I tried making changes like using a more pass oriented playbook, etc. I understand that this won't always work BUT a game where a team trails by 10 or less at half time should NOT wind up being a 30 point or more blowout, ESPECIALLY when the game plan wasn't changed THAT drastically. My playbooks stick with 2-3 formations & even though some are more run oriented or pass oriented (both offensive & defensive), the changes aren't so major that I should get blown out in the 2nd half.

I know some have played longer than me & know what they're doing but so do I. They're should be more drop off of teams every so often. Even successful college teams have a down turn every 5-10 seasons. I'd also like to see more tutorials or guides about SPECIFICS for practice time & other aspects of the game.

I've asked several successful owners for tips but all I ever get is, "look for guys who fit your playing style, formations, etc. guys who have strong work ethic", etc. OK that much I figured out early on. I want NUMBERS. How much time do top owners spend on practicing their individual & formation skills. What % of carries, etc. do you give your guys who attain All-American status. I try to spread my offense so no one is overly tired or at huge risk of injury BUT, I also know when to use a guy more because he's that much better. Even when I've had a player in top 3 in rushing, passing, receiving & even on defense, I've NEVER had a 1st team All-American. I don't even think I've ever had a 2nd team All-American.

As for changes/additions, there are a LOT I'd love to see. First, I'll start with recruiting. Personally, I'd like to see the EXACT grades & their classes ( not just GPA) for available players & even a report on his attitude/personality. It bugs the hell out of me when I get a letter from a guy who can't spell or capitalize correctly or who talks about "the honeys". I stay away from those guys. I want my players to be a better representative of my team & school.

I also hate when a player keeps putting me off. Yes, it's a big decision & making the right choice takes time & schools may not make their best offer early on. However, the number of contacts should be limited. The NCAA has a limit of 5 official campus visits & 3 off campus visits. A recruit can't visit a campus until after a coach has their high school transcript & ACT or SAT scores in hand. That should be the case here too. I think players need to either sign or give a flat out rejection to a school after 3 or 4 rounds. At least then we could move on & not keep wasting $.

I'd love to see some sort of grade or scale that shows the likelihood a recruit is interested or will sign with us. If I know for sure ahead of time, that I have little or no chance, why would I waste my time or money? It also ticks me off that I've been VERY successful yet NEVER been listed as a school a top player is considering at the start of recruiting.

Personally, I like to get my scholarships assigned as early as possible. I HATE waiting around. I think the time between end of season & next season recruiting should be much shorter too and get rid of the 24 hours between initial recruiting contact & response from them & have recruits respond every hour.

We should be allowed to redshirt more players (I'd like to see 5 or 6) & we need an option to offer a recruit a redshirt year right off. Now I usually wait until their sophomore year so I can see how their work ethic & attitude is.

When a player we've been recruiting signs with another team, all emails from them should be removed by the system. By the end of recruiting, if I haven't done it as I go along or don't notice a player has signed elsewhere, my inbox has dozens if not hundreds of emails.

On to game play. I think we should be allowed to choose what times our games are played or choose the world we play in based on different times. I really like to see my teams results before bed but they don't play until 2:30AM. If I wasn't disabled & unable to work, I couldn't do this. Plus, I've been going to bed earlier lately. I think game times should be more like 8-10Am & 8-10PM. What would be even better is play a quarter every 3-4 hours & allow us to make changes if we want, after every quarter.

I'd like to see the game allow us to put players in motion or allow a RB or WR throw a pass. I'd also like to see us be able to choose an onside kick.

I'm sure I can come up with other things I'd like to see changed or added but I've listed plenty here.
8/31/2016 3:28 PM (edited)
I think you have some good ideas.
Don't think anyone will do anything about it but some of your ideas are innovative.
9/2/2016 7:14 PM
Suggested changes/additions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.