Is WAR a stat? Topic

"Kyle Hendricks is really killing it in Situational Wins Saved this season."

"OMG, I saw! He's got 21 Adjusted Pitching Wins too!"
9/2/2016 8:15 PM

"So we got Tommy from Bloomington on the line. What do you got for the Sports Guys today?"

"Hey guys, love your show! I listen every day..."

"Hey, thats greats man! What do you want to discuss."

"Jake Arietta is worrying me man. His tERA is regressing at an astounding rate. I just don't get what the problem is."
9/2/2016 8:22 PM

"And lets not forget! Adrian Gonzalez's Z-Swing% has been on the rise. His wFB/C has also seen a massive improvement over the last few weeks."
9/2/2016 8:27 PM
Are you off your meds?
9/2/2016 9:06 PM
Takes a small, small man to put so much effort into insulting things he isn't capable of understanding.
9/2/2016 9:28 PM
OHHH!!!

The ol' "You just don't understand ADVANCED METRICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" insult.

Sick burn, bro.
9/3/2016 7:33 AM
9/3/2016 7:46 AM
BWAHAHA!!! I fu-cking knew that would be the reaction. FWIW dahs it wasn't a shot at you. I sense you are an actual fan. You watch the games. You're just into the analytics.

BL isn't a fan. Doesn't watch the game. He just looks at stats. He's a tourist. And its transparent to each and every person on these boards.
9/3/2016 10:15 AM (edited)
Plus my silly posts do illustrate how BL and his ilk lose perspective of what stats like average and RBI and pitching wins mean to the fans. No one sits around the office lunch table and talks about Wins Added or O-swing. They say "the Marlins are gonna miss Stanton's HRs. Might not make the playoffs. "Arrietta just won his 10th straight." "Who do you think will win the batting title?" Same conversations fans had 100 years ago.
9/3/2016 10:15 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 9/3/2016 10:15:00 AM (view original):
BWAHAHA!!! I fu-cking knew that would be the reaction. FWIW dahs it wasn't a shot at you. I sense you are an actual fan. You watch the games. You're just into the analytics.

BL isn't a fan. Doesn't watch the game. He just looks at stats. He's a tourist. And its transparent to each and every person on these boards.
Um, I do watch games.
9/3/2016 11:14 AM
BL you don't watch any effin games and we all know it. You're a stathead who really doesn't care about baseball. You just care about stats. Hell you don't even really know about playing baseball.
9/3/2016 12:13 PM (edited)
I played baseball in college.
9/3/2016 12:19 PM
Right. College baseball. Sure.

Oh wait, better not criticize BL. He might run to WIS.
9/3/2016 2:12 PM
It's sad that as somebody who claims to have actually played college baseball, he's so all-in with the advanced metrics bullshit.

I'm guessing that he sucked as a player, but found some obscure BS advanced metric that seemed to indicate that he wasn't a total disaster on the field.

"My zXqJ3 rating was -3.94, which was fourth best on my team!"
9/3/2016 4:39 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/3/2016 4:39:00 PM (view original):
It's sad that as somebody who claims to have actually played college baseball, he's so all-in with the advanced metrics bullshit.

I'm guessing that he sucked as a player, but found some obscure BS advanced metric that seemed to indicate that he wasn't a total disaster on the field.

"My zXqJ3 rating was -3.94, which was fourth best on my team!"
You mean "all in with the advanced metrics" like literally every single major league team?
9/3/2016 5:03 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...24 Next ▸
Is WAR a stat? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.