Playoff eliminator updates Topic

OK State beat the **** out of #10. OK beat them.
1/3/2017 2:18 PM
And Miami beat the **** out of West Virginia and both Houston and Ohio St. lost after handling Oklahoma. Quit picking out a game here and there and ignoring the ones that don't fit your narrative
1/3/2017 6:38 PM
I don't really have a narrative other than the **** show OSU put on guaranteed conference winners in the playoffs next season assuming there's not some bullshit 7-5 VaTech win over 12-0 Clemson. Anyone not wearing a Buckeye hat is saying "****, wished that had been OK vs Clemson. I bet Oklahoma would have scored some."
1/3/2017 7:05 PM
Since when is talking a sign of thinking?
1/3/2017 9:36 PM
ESPN re-rank of the 12 New Years Six teams

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18399799/reranking-new-year-six-teams

Odd they have the "great" Oklahoma ranked 7th. I mean that can't possibly be correct.
1/4/2017 8:39 AM
So ESPN is the Absolute Authority on CFB? I missed when that was declared. You got a link so I can catch up? Thanks in advance.
1/4/2017 9:27 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):
So ESPN is the Absolute Authority on CFB? I missed when that was declared. You got a link so I can catch up? Thanks in advance.
Got a link to anything that shows why one idiot who lives on WIS Forums should be declared better than a World-wide enterprise employing thousands of professionals? Thanks in advance.
1/4/2017 10:14 AM
Posted by all3 on 1/4/2017 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/4/2017 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Got a link to anything that shows why one idiot who lives on WIS Forums should be declared better than a World-wide enterprise employing thousands of professionals? Thanks in advance.
Hey, it's not just ESPN. Mike is also smarter than 32 NFL GMs who have decided Tim Tebow isn't an NFL quarterback. Or at least better than Tyrod Taylor. Mike is also brighter than all the blinkered apologists who voted Cam Newton as last season's MVP, apparently as some sort of politically correct gesture. So please don't dismiss Mike's deep insights lightly. We're privileged that he chooses to share them on WIS forums. Can you imagine how much time it takes to post more than 48,000 comments (it's probably closer to 80,000 given they restarted comment counts after rebooting the forums a few years back)? That's a lot of furious typing. Anyway, I look forward to MIke's trenchant thoughts about Jalen Hurts and Deshaun Watson. Something tells me it's tough for him to watch teams quarterbacked by Jalen Hurts and Deshaun Watson contest the national championship. It might be why he's complaining about Oklahoma and Penn State not getting into the playoff.
1/7/2017 1:43 PM
I don't find thinking you know at least as much as anyone at ESPN to be a stretch statement.

Except Jaws.
1/8/2017 8:47 PM
ESPN makes their money by being talked about. Right/wrong doesn't matter. Being talked about does. That was the entire purpose of a "re-rank".
1/8/2017 10:53 PM
its how morons like Le Batard stay employed....he is nearly universally detested and his show is pretty bad, but he gets reaction in the form of hatred and that's good enough for the network

also, Jaworski has kind of turned himself into a cartoon
1/9/2017 12:57 AM
I think caricature is the proper word. Sort of like Madden except everything centers around his film study as opposed to "BAM!!! BOOM!!!! AND THE HOLE IS OPENED!!!!"
1/9/2017 8:34 AM
ESPN is two separate entities. They have the "money making" stuff like the Radio and TV shows, but they also have a lot of world class journalists and more heavy hitting reporting. Those two sides do have some overlap of course, but not everything they put out is for money making (in the way you are using it).
1/9/2017 10:43 AM
I didn't open the link. If you want to tell me which "experts" re-ranked, I'll be happy to point out which ones like to be "controversial" for ratings. My assumption is Kanell was in that group, he's big in their CFB coverage, and he'd rather say something stupid and get talked about than be correct.
1/9/2017 10:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
I didn't open the link. If you want to tell me which "experts" re-ranked, I'll be happy to point out which ones like to be "controversial" for ratings. My assumption is Kanell was in that group, he's big in their CFB coverage, and he'd rather say something stupid and get talked about than be correct.
It was one person's article. No one else is listed. Maybe next time before you go on a rant you actually read the article from which the rant originates.
1/9/2017 11:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16 Next ▸
Playoff eliminator updates Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.