Playoff eliminator updates Topic

Posted by moranis on 1/9/2017 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
I didn't open the link. If you want to tell me which "experts" re-ranked, I'll be happy to point out which ones like to be "controversial" for ratings. My assumption is Kanell was in that group, he's big in their CFB coverage, and he'd rather say something stupid and get talked about than be correct.
It was one person's article. No one else is listed. Maybe next time before you go on a rant you actually read the article from which the rant originates.
But we all know Mike would rather say something stupid and get talked about than be correct.
1/9/2017 11:43 AM
I didn't open the link. If you want to tell me which "experts" re-ranked, I'll be happy to point out which ones like to be "controversial" for ratings. My assumption is Kanell was in that group, he's big in their CFB coverage, and he'd rather say something stupid and get talked about than be correct.
It was one person's article. No one else is listed. Maybe next time before you go on a rant you actually read the article from which the rant originates.
So one person at ESPN is the Absolute Authority on CFB? You somehow think that's better?
1/9/2017 12:48 PM
@OklahomaJoe has Oklahoma as the best in the country and it's not even close!!!!
1/9/2017 12:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 12:48:00 PM (view original):
So one person at ESPN is the Absolute Authority on CFB? You somehow think that's better?
Ah yes because I said that person was the absolute authority. Love the miket logic.
1/9/2017 4:29 PM
How about Sagarin, are his computer rankings credible enough for you?

http://www.sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

or Colley

http://colleyrankings.com/currank.html

or maybe Billingsley

http://cfrc.com/ranking/billingsley-report-53/
1/9/2017 4:34 PM
Posted by moranis on 1/4/2017 8:39:00 AM (view original):
ESPN re-rank of the 12 New Years Six teams

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18399799/reranking-new-year-six-teams

Odd they have the "great" Oklahoma ranked 7th. I mean that can't possibly be correct.
This seems like a pretty confident post to me. Is it yours? What, exactly, did you mean by it?
1/9/2017 5:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 5:53:00 PM (view original):

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18399799/reranking-new-year-six-teams

Odd they have the "great" Oklahoma ranked 7th. I mean that can't possibly be correct.
This seems like a pretty confident post to me. Is it yours? What, exactly, did you mean by it?
That is strange, I see nothing about absolute authority at all in that post. I posted it because it supported my opinion. You know things most people do on message boards. In typical miket fashion you don't read it and blow off the handle.
1/10/2017 10:29 AM
Posted by moranis on 1/10/2017 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/9/2017 5:53:00 PM (view original):

That is strange, I see nothing about absolute authority at all in that post. I posted it because it supported my opinion. You know things most people do on message boards. In typical miket fashion you don't read it and blow off the handle.

"Odd they have the "great" Oklahoma ranked 7th. I mean that can't possibly be correct."

Which, come to find out, wasn't a group of "experts". It was not ESPN. It was one dude. Seriously, if you want to find one dude who supports your opinion, you can find it. Hell, I bet I can find someone who claims Hitler was a great man. Doesn't mean a thing.

I liked you better when you didn't post. You made more sense.
1/10/2017 10:43 AM
Posted by all3 on 1/9/2017 11:43:00 AM (view original):
But we all know Mike would rather say something stupid and get talked about than be correct.
MikeT23 is the Terry Bradshaw of the WIS Forums. He's been around forever and funnels his football opinions through a fact-free filter shaped by hurt feelings. This produces some classic tantrums about Tim Tebow being the victim of an anti-Christian conspiracy among NFL general managers or Cam Newton relying on President Obama's strategy to squelch media criticism by playing the race card. Given there's no apparent angle to vent about political correctness, it's hard to understand why Mike is so heavily invested in touting Oklahoma over OSU as it's pretty clear Clemson and Alabama were the two best teams in the country and treated those of us who watched to a fantastic championship game. Does Mike think Clemson wouldn't have beaten down Oklahoma? Well, when "games in September don't count" and that allows you to dismiss the fact the Buckeyes crushed Oklahoma in Norman by three touchdowns, anything is possible when you jump down into that rabbit hole.

I must thank Mike and some of his buddies on the WIS forums for solving the mystery of why Fox would bother employing an inbred slaphead as an in-studio analyst given he regularly embarrasses himself and the network.That mystery is now solved as it's apparent from reading some of the garbage posted in these forums that Bradshaw does have an audience for his folksy, low-information analysis. All that's left for me to root for this season is the Steelers win the Super Bowl so we can be treated to the spectacle of Bradshaw interviewing Mike Tomlin and get MikeT23's hot take on that in the forums.
1/11/2017 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16
Playoff eliminator updates Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.